Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.7  (Read 100186 times)

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.7
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »

I can't seem to figure out how to purchase fighters from the autofactory. I've managed to have a spark and two teutons replicated in the trade menu with the appropriate AI cores, but now they're all redded out and say "insufficient funds". I have over two million credits. How much more is required to buy a fighter chip? It was a while before I figured out how to replicate the Teutons, because for the longest time the cost was "literally hitler". I've not had much luck with this mod, so far. It's taken a lot of time to get the resources to replicate, and now not only have I got nothing to show for it, but I've lost the only Templar fighters I've managed to come across by giving them to the station. So how can I buy them back?

EDIT: Nevermind. I reread the first post and saw that transplutonics were required to be in storage to purchase fighters. Though, I still have no idea how many this uses, or why the game wasn't notifying me of this.
I've tried to get the illegality messages to display resource cost, but it simply ins't possible. I'll add a note that resources need to be in storage to the station description. I have no idea why you would get the "literally hitler" message. That message should only appear if the game thinks you are in the refit screen, in which case no message appears. Can you post your save?

Clutch31313

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2017, 04:23:24 PM »

I've since updated several mods, started a new save, and am not sure which of my previous saves was displaying the error. If I'm still seeing the message in this next playthrough, I'll try to upload the save.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »

Looks like you forgot to remove the ".git" folder from the release.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2017, 02:58:43 AM »

Heeyyy, if by 'feedback' you mean griping, I can help with that.
If not, DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER!

Spoiler
The 'order what you need instead of the factory passively building it' idea is nice & wholesome in theory but it limits one of the old factory's major features: quick & simple build prototyping.
Used to be you'd dump in the new equipment, go back out, and by the time you return you'd be able to experiment with the new stuff in the sim to your heart's content before buying what you need.
Now you have to dump the stuff, head out & come back, commit to buying the max number of that equipment you'd ever want to test with, and then go out & come back *again* before you can then try fitting it. Which is more steps & it assigns the full cost of production to experimentation. A real wet-blanket, that.

Also, not a fan of requiring a gamma core for analyzing every single cheaper-than-dirt LMG & pre-domain HMG any bumhick pirate could pull apart & re-construct given a caliper & some graph-paper. Would rather have a static, not-consumed tiered requirement, starting with -0- for tier-0, then 1 gamma to enable analyzing all tier-1 frigs & weapons, 10 gammas for tier-1 destroyers & T2 frigs, 20 gammas and a beta for T2 destroyers & T2 weapons, etc. Or perhaps set exponentially-increasing analysis times which you can lessen by adding more cores. Perhaps scale it with resource requirements. Perhaps attach a supplies cost for running analysis to incentivize acquiring more cores for more-advanced equipment. Perhaps have 'crew' act as significantly-weaker cores. But wew that kind of stuff would take work so I don't like spouting 'ideas' like all of that.
As-is though it locks down the omnifactory until the player goes & kills spoiler-enemies, if I'm not mistaken, which is REALLY lame for people who used to use it as their base of operations right off the bat.

And hey, if manufacturing takes mats maybe we should get back the materials from equipment we scav. Dump in a few reclaimed derelicts & (for a small fee) get back raw materials eh?
[close]

The Ender

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2017, 01:14:17 AM »

Could I request an optional toggle that just brings back the traditional Omnifactory? The one that didn't require farming?

I dislike farming in a game like SS, and I'd bet dollars to donuts for all of the whining about how 'OP' the old factory was, 99% of users will use the non-farming factory because of how it solves SS's core endgame problems. Being able to build cool ships with cool guns as long as you collect cool stuff fixes so many things about SS's baseline experience it's not even funny.

I'm not going to be able to enjoy SS's new features & will just keep playing on an old patch, personally, unless / until I can bring Omnifactory with me. As far as I'm concerned it is an absolutely essential part of the experience. Without it, the end game is empty.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »

Ender, for what it's worth, one of lazywizard's other mods can plug the gap, though in a much less immersive, more prone to 'game-breaking' manner: Console commands.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2017, 06:17:45 PM »

I think you can just set the cost of "crafting" things to be 0 in the mod's config file to get a similar effect.

The Ender

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2017, 10:07:16 PM »

...Where does the Remnant Autofactory spawn?

I don't see it in the Intel list, and it isn't in my home system. :|

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »

I think it spawns randomly in a non-core system? I can't be sure, I've only seen it in YouTube videos - never played with the mod myself - but that's what I gathered. You might need to look around the map and mouse over random systems until you find it (I don't believe you have to actually go out and locate it first, but I could be wrong).

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »

It spawns in Corvus next to Jangala iirc, unless you set it to spawn randomly/are using random sector generation.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »

I think it spawns randomly in a non-core system? I can't be sure, I've only seen it in YouTube videos - never played with the mod myself - but that's what I gathered. You might need to look around the map and mouse over random systems until you find it (I don't believe you have to actually go out and locate it first, but I could be wrong).
When I last used it, it spawned in corvus in orbit of Jangala, if memory serves me well. It was either Jang or Ashura.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

Ah, I could have been watching it played with random sector gen. Can't remember for sure.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

Is there a way to reduce the 2 gamma core price for tier 1 ships/weapons to 1 core? Edited the config so that tier 0 doesn't cost any cores but can't seem to edit tier 1 correctly.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:48:18 PM by Spess Mahren »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:29 AM »

Hate to technically double post but I am wondering if it is a bug when ships that were restored to remove d-mods still having the d-mods present on the ship blueprint after analyzing them. Was building up a LP collection then noticed they all had d-mods despite me making sure to restore first.

Also it seems the ship agency in kazeron has busted menus, also the 10,000 fee should really only be taken out if you successfully buy a ship with them.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:04:26 PM by Spess Mahren »

TreeLovingMango

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2018, 07:35:01 AM »

Is there a way to edit or move the Autoforge to an uninhabited planet? Currently it hangs around in the Corvus system.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10