Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: To: Those Experienced with Mod Releases  (Read 3560 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
To: Those Experienced with Mod Releases
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »

Early tests indicate the update fixed the problems!  ;D ;D ;D THANK YOU ALEX!! Been a long time in progress but:

Finally in the last testing phases of my tactical combat/fighter re-balance mod and looking to get some gameplay and content videos, gifs and other such stuff prepared to showcase its features! Release is looking like ~two weeks or so depending upon a couple last items I want to squeeze in.

I'm looking for recommendations on how to capture gameplay video and make gifs, etc as well as sites to store the content for displaying it in the forum topic post. Just need to know where to start looking.

Anybody have some time to give me a little direction? Kind of new to it.  :P 

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: To: Those Experienced with Mod Releases
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »

I put my videos on Youtube and images on Imgur. As for recording, given that the camera isn't super smooth I try to not move it around at all after locking it to some ship or other, and record using OBS for videos and GifCam for, well, gifs.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 12:03:54 AM »

Personally I use Bandicam for video recording. You do have to pay for the full version, but if you like they have a free demo (balanced by a permanent company watermark and 10 minute recording limit - if you mind such things).

I've found it to be fine for what I use it for. Easy enough to understand, and the FPS counter it shows over your recording (without actually recording it) is always handy.

Having said that, I've heard OBS is great, but it didn't work for me, hence my choice of Bandicam.

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »

Having said that, I've heard OBS is great, but it didn't work for me, hence my choice of Bandicam.
OBS Studio's install instructions are woefully inaccurate, yes.  I was only able to fix one of the four Windows installer install instruction sets to work.  [It does work great for live recording; as a post-processor it's lousy.]

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:55:52 PM »

Thanks everyone! Just got back from my camping trip and happy to see some good advice.  :)

I'll take a look at the suggestions and hopefully have something to show for it soon.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »

Nvidia Experience has a recording function that works pretty well (it takes a bit of fiddling to work with SS but once that's done it's fine)