Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: flipping between tabs resets which market you're in  (Read 1540 times)

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
flipping between tabs resets which market you're in
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »

Hi, sorry if this was reported before. Often when you are at a planet in the market, or looking at the stockpiles you have in storage and considering what to buy or take for your next voyage, you flip back and forth between the map tap, the intel tab, and the market tab.

However, every time you flip to another tab and then go back to the market tab, you're reset to the "Open Market." Even if you were previously on storage, or black market or whatever.

As you can imagine, this causes serious annoyance and many wasted clicks at best, and at worst accidental purchases. People in a rush don't always keep track of the price column on the left.

This bug is compounded by how ineffective and understated the GUI indicator is that shows which market you're in (black vs almost black). Like many GUI element in this game.*

*(The tab colours for the market buying in the refit screen are also way understated and after weeks of playing this version I still have to think a second before I understand which are enabled)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: flipping between tabs resets which market you're in
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:28:22 PM »

Less bug and more "not feature" but yeah, since the other screens to keep your place: good call, did that.

This bug is compounded by how ineffective and understated the GUI indicator is that shows which market you're in (black vs almost black). Like many GUI element in this game.*

(FYI, the colors of the entire cargo grid and buttons etc change color to match the selected submarket.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:32:52 PM by Alex »

MCWarhammer

• Ensign
  • What time is it?
    • View Profile
    • MCWarhammer's Homepage
Re: flipping between tabs resets which market you're in
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 08:22:35 AM »

Nomadic_leader are you colorblind?  I could see how the grid color change might not be visible to someone who is colorblind.
Quote from: Alex
I'm not a robot! *bzzt* *chirp*