Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "The Infrastructure Mod" [TIM]  (Read 10355 times)

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: "The Infrastructure Mod" [TIM]
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 07:05:01 AM »

Idea: Why not using the already existing abandoned structures in the game (astropolis/mining stations/ect) in a scavenger/improvised way? There is already a scavengerlike mod faction, where you can bring seized ships to their planet/stationmenue and gift them for faction relation. Now imagine the player seizes an abandoned place, repairs most of the basic infrastructure of a part of it, then brings in seized ships and links them to the station, adding their energylevel and technology to the place, thus giving him the possibility to start mining and producing (according to the planets/resources of the solarsystem it is in and "bought" with machinery)? Also stationing mining ships there? Of course the ship"slots" for linked shiphulls per station should be limited to let´s say 3-6 places and defined in small, medium and large. This could be done randomly every time you start a new game, so it does not get boring. Also then, this personal hideout should be attackable by enemy factions the time you choose your own and always by pirates(the player has to decide to setup near all civilisation or far from it with lower chance of discovery). Then the player should be prompted for spacebattle, whereever he is in space...and the ships linked to the station have to fight stationary like for example the domain era mothership or a remnant station. Of course the linked ships should be refittable anytime as like the normal fleetships with hullmods ect...  

And with a place to return to fetch new fuel and supplies, a transport system to your fleet is not really necessary. The map is not that big....

That idea is awesome. Approach an abandoned base/station, spend some machinery to boot it up and restore production/mining/whatever.
Afterwards the player could get supplies, items and/or money from the production facilities which seems to be Ragni's goal with his mod anyways.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »

>Buy Shares

Look here bub, don't you go getting my hopes up for some macro economics in mah starsector, y'hear?

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »

Uomoz's sector has a version of the ship building so if you need help with the code look there.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

Ragni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 08:09:08 PM »

Update:
Finally got my "mod" to at least load with a custom rules command called from rules.csv.
Figured that mod_info.json needs entry about jars path.
Code
"jars":["jars/TheInfrastructureMod.jar"]

AND my project's java language level had to be set to 1.7 (1.8 threw an error about incompatible versions).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:18:02 PM by Ragni »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »

I like this guy...

Keep running you gloriously-soon-to-be-unemployed-creatively-pent-up-nutter, keep running!  From manure comes roses, this is a very intreguing idea and I like your attitude on it. GUN HO and welcome from the shadows into the light! :)
Read that as, welcome to development hell please enjoy your stay and don't forget ailses 10 9 and "Oh god it burns" for all your needs.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:51:54 PM by Azmond »

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »

Sounds like a really great idea, best of luck with the development! :)

Ragni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »

Histidine's mod: Steiner foundation, gave me an idea how to use the UI.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10398.0
I will study that mod and see how he triggers scripts from comms view with the steiner foundation "NPC".
Pages: 1 [2]