Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Siege of Sindria - Youtube video  (Read 2317 times)

Destructively Phased

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The Siege of Sindria - Youtube video
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:25:49 AM »

I've been running a let's play series on my channel for a while and most recently I found myself fighting the Diktat in orbit of Sindria, after spotting a relief fleet preparing to leave. What I then ended up with was an hour of battles back to back with them throwing a continuous supply of ships at my fleet.

Transverse jump is a god send to get your fleet out of difficult situations.

Philder

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Sindria - Youtube video
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »

It might be worthwhile to take a look at your videos and think on how you can improve your gameplay. There are quite a few matters you could improve on, and I'm sure you could pick up on them with a re-examination of your gameplay. One low-hanging fruit, for example, would be your decision to field a big and slow behemoth like the Onslaught against frigate heavy fleets that can spend their CR dancing around out of your range. As good and as efficient as the Thermal Pulse Cannons are, they're horrible against small targets. They'll land 1 out of 4 shots at best. At least the Legion has large weapon slots with a wide frontal range of motion as well as fighters. You'll find weapons like the Hephaestus gun to be a fantastic matchup for it. Save the Onslaught for cruiser size ships and bigger.