Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.91][UTILITY] EZ Faction 0.6a  (Read 52483 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8][UTILITY] EZ Faction 0.6a
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:16 AM »

I don’t know why there couldn’t be; it would certainly be easy to add in.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2017, 09:43:08 AM »

I don’t know why there couldn’t be; it would certainly be easy to add in.

Will you add it then? I'd been hoping to use your Explorer Society with Nexerelin's random sectors.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2017, 10:04:17 AM »

Almost certainly.  I've just been a little busy with other things lately :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:38 AM »

Is this dump star systems and markets somewhere? For modification and later use?
Or its just random for each game?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »

It's semi-randomized each run; it builds the Markets and planetary data for you, using some parameters in the .ezfaction file.  You don't have to know anything about coding to make it work.

Oh, and I'll take a look at how things are working with Nexerelin later this week.  Totally forgot to get to that; been working on Rebal's next version.
Xeno's Mod Pack

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »

Version 6a of ezfactions still contains global settings.json changes

{
   #Fixes some silly things
   "commRelayMessageSpeed":10, # light years per day, for messages going through hyperspace
   "maxRelayRangeInHyperspace":100, # light years, range for a comm relay that's located in hyperspace
   "commRelayRangeAroundSystem":2, # light years, range in hyperspace around an in-system relay where messages will be picked up
   "maxTransponderRequiredRangeAroundMarketSystem":2, # light years

#Fixes some things that removed Fun
   "maxPersonBounties":20,   
}

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2018, 06:48:47 PM »

The first stuff is there because otherwise, Hyperwave Transmitter stuff is borked for Systems that aren't really close to the main factions.  That breaks various things.

The second stuff is there because otherwise, the probability of Bounties going to just a few Factions gets really close to "always", due to how that gets weighted (this why some Factions in Vanilla seem to hardly get Bounty Missions... wish it wasn't done like that- might be time for a Suggestion).
Xeno's Mod Pack

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »

It's semi-randomized each run; it builds the Markets and planetary data for you, using some parameters in the .ezfaction file.  You don't have to know anything about coding to make it work.

Oh, and I'll take a look at how things are working with Nexerelin later this week.  Totally forgot to get to that; been working on Rebal's next version.
So there is no chance for saving particular good seeds and/or modifying them after for use as standard seed for that particular faction?

Still its pretty useful tool. Props to you for making it.
Anyway is there chance for more customization of what faction roll to?
Currently I noticed that generated faction markets start pretty self sufficient. Any chance for few starting setups that could be specified or possibility for making faction have specific designed markets?
>making faction with one major market(mil) plus few smaller dependent on it,
>few half starved battered ones with serious problems
>faction having specific named pre generated markets
Also what about relationship?
Currently if I use it with Nex I can only put them one neutral/hate/love mode  which don't really allow for much.
Also any chance for generation additional(outside pirates) vanilla faction markets? like Luddic/Path/Indie or maybe lone Heg/PL/TT outpost?

Anyway its still amazing utility. Thanks for making it.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »

So there is no chance for saving particular good seeds and/or modifying them after for use as standard seed for that particular faction?
I'll see if it's possible to grab the game's core random seed; that would ensure that it matches that way, but only if players used that seed at start.

But essentially, it's designed to automate that stuff, so that Faction designers don't have to worry about the details of placing things at all.  If you want stuff very specifically generated, you'll have to code that by hand (which is not terrifically hard, coding-wise, but is hugely time-consuming), which is why I built this, frankly.

Currently I noticed that generated faction markets start pretty self sufficient. Any chance for few starting setups that could be specified or possibility for making faction have specific designed markets?
>making faction with one major market(mil) plus few smaller dependent on it,
>few half starved battered ones with serious problems
>faction having specific named pre generated markets
That should be possible; I'll consider putting a variable in that makes it more / less likely that the Markets other than the core are poorer.  There's a bit of randomness already- you can set the Markets' max / min sizes, but essentially, it was designed so that a Faction in a far-flung location won't starve to death.  Should be possible, yes.

Also what about relationship?
That's totally customizable, along with what types of planet the Faction can use (including custom planet types). 

See this example from The Explorer Society (which I built mainly to show how EZ Faction works):

Code
	#Please Note:  names here need to be the unique Planet ID, *not* the name field!
"preferred_planets":[
"terran",
"terran_eccentric",
"arid",
"jungle",
"desert",
"desert1",
],
#Please Note:  names here need to be the Faction ID, *not* the name!
"hatedFactions":[
"pirates",
"tritachyon",
"remnant",
"sindrian_diktat",
],
#Please Note:  names here need to be the Faction ID, *not* the name!
"lovedFactions":[
"independent",
"luddic_church",
"persean",
],

Do note that you need to set that manually, but it's flexible and doesn't mind if <faction> isn't present in the generated game.  So, if you want your faction to hate Luddites and love Exigency, that's totally doable.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2018, 02:58:24 AM »

So if I get it right first the game generate map based on seed and then your mod generate faction in specified area?
That is pretty neat.
Could be possible to premade(name, size, description, industry etc) markets before it? So game would use premade markets instead of generating new ones? Or at last use some names from the pool instead base/colony with faction name?

I mean I hoped that it would generate stuff then dump it so it could be taken and used(modified or not) in standalone mod - if it make any sense to you. Kinda like using random rolls as a base for character.

Yeah I find it about relations but its only neutral(0) or hate(-100,-60) or love(100). Nothing between. I mean love/hate but no sympathetic/like/dislike/ignore etc. Nothing between. I thought that maybe there is something more to that.
Anyway thanks for answers.

PS I get some roll that spawn faction  into AI remnants system with new faction and pirates fighting them. Pretty cool.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »

So if I get it right first the game generate map based on seed and then your mod generate faction in specified area?
Yes, essentially.

Could be possible to premade(name, size, description, industry etc) markets before it? So game would use premade markets instead of generating new ones?
The type of Markets generated is determined by what type of planet is generated for the Base / Colony, so it's actually possible to do that right now.

Or at last use some names from the pool instead base/colony with faction name?
That should be possible, sure; I'll see about adding that as a feature  :)

I mean I hoped that it would generate stuff then dump it so it could be taken and used(modified or not) in standalone mod - if it make any sense to you. Kinda like using random rolls as a base for character.
It doesn't work that way, because then you're right back to hand-coding things, which is the whole point of not doing it this way.  I guess I could have written something that spits out Java code based on <parameters> but that's quite a bit bigger as a project and it'd kind of defeat the purpose, which is to get people building their neato content, rather than worrying about learning a lot about Java just to have their content show up in the game.  I think that's out of scope for what I wanted to do here.

Yeah I find it about relations but its only neutral(0) or hate(-100,-60) or love(100). Nothing between. I mean love/hate but no sympathetic/like/dislike/ignore etc. Nothing between. I thought that maybe there is something more to that.
Ah, good point; it just does love/hate/neutral. 

But those relationships change dynamically over time during the game, so long as they aren't above / below certain thresholds; that's not static forever.  I'll give it a wider range spread, see how that goes.

Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »

Nexerlin bug has been fixed; you can now use a Nexerelin random-gen with EZ Faction factions enabled.  Seems to all be working all right.  I'll see about adding the requested features (naming your capital, randomized names from a pool of names for your planets, more-random randomized relationships). 

I'll also add some sort of "poverty level" that influences how likely a given generated colony / station is to be pretty poor in terms of improvements, etc., for modders who want their Factions to be poor on average.

Xeno's Mod Pack

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2018, 07:56:13 AM »

Nice.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2018, 07:16:15 AM »

Is this gonna be updated to 0.9a?

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »

It's almost updated, fiiiiiiinally.

At that point, I'll release it as a separate project (so maybe the Rebal haters will leave it alone, lol).
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12