Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.91][UTILITY] EZ Faction 0.6a  (Read 52741 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8][UTILITY] EZ Faction 0.5a
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »

It could very well be that one of these mods is looking for <data> that isn't present in my current implementation of these SectorEntityTokens / PlanetAPIs and isn't failing gracefully.  But why that's triggering due to a call in CombatMain is still somewhat mysterious; most errors like that are due to <insert missing / garbled JSON data> that is only getting called in <context>, not during the initial game-loading process; for example, a garbled line pointing at a non-existent ShipSystem in a .variant that isn't mentioned anywhere in the .faction files or any code that's loaded at the game engine's start may cause this to happen, because the .variant hasn't been applied to a FleetmemberAPI yet, so the null hasn't been caught.

Yup! That's what I was essentially trying to say in my earlier post only in a much more clear, concise manner, due to having the proper, experienced terminology, ha.  :D

My learning language is C++ and I'm still ~4 months from my comp sci degree. I know the code well enough.. but not exactly how to describe everything, yet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »

EZ Faction includes a settings.json with several changes that affect the rest of the game, including changes to relay behavior, a 10x increase in commission bounty rewards and 3x increase in system bounty rewards. I find that this contradicts the claim in the OP "It does not interfere with the base game in any significant way."

Was the settings file included by mistake?
Regardless, the settings changes should be removed (since a library mod should not be modifying such stuff), or have their existence documented in the thread OP.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 02:48:23 AM »

EZ Faction includes a settings.json with several changes that affect the rest of the game, including changes to relay behavior, a 10x increase in commission bounty rewards and 3x increase in system bounty rewards. I find that this contradicts the claim in the OP "It does not interfere with the base game in any significant way."

Was the settings file included by mistake?
Regardless, the settings changes should be removed (since a library mod should not be modifying such stuff), or have their existence documented in the thread OP.

Yeah, I thought the bounties were paying a bit too much.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2017, 08:50:21 AM »

Oops, sorry, folks, that setting (changes to Commissions  / Bounties) wasn't supposed to stay in there (had it in for testing purposes).   Fixed.

The Relay changes have to be there, to address the problems with that mechanic in general (or I'll have to write code that does the equivalent).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:52:13 AM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »

OK, found the cause of the strange CTD bugs when attempting to review the uninhabited Planets generated for Stations.  Finally figured out how to replicate it; it's real, but weird.

Fixing it now.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »

EZ Faction includes a settings.json with several changes that affect the rest of the game, including changes to relay behavior, a 10x increase in commission bounty rewards and 3x increase in system bounty rewards.

Hm. I wonder why I didn't see any issues? My own mod is a TC and edits both of those as well. Now I am wondering which settings file has overwrite priority..

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »

You wanna talk weird?
I had inhabited stars.

[attachment deleted by admin]

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »

All right, I think I've gotten the "clustering" situation fixed, too.  I need to double-check some things, but I'm fairly certain the next release will be out soon.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

All right, I think I've gotten the "clustering" situation fixed, too.  I need to double-check some things, but I'm fairly certain the next release will be out soon.

Chomping at the bit, here!  ;)

Took a glance at your code, too.

My earlier suggestion about names is still possible, I think. You would need an overwrite script for the string after the star is selected in the system, then pass the read string from the EZ faction Json file into the overwrite script for PlanetAPI.getName(string) just before calling ezColony.setMarket(MarketAPI).

I can possibly write it for you, if I get a little extra time.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »

I've gotten the major bugs resolved; I'm working on something else for release and I'll be pushing out an update after that's done :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8][UTILITY] EZ Faction 0.6a
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2017, 08:35:02 AM »

Alpha 6 has been released.

Resolves the odd issues with "doubled" Colonies; uses a slightly-better system to distribute Colonies / Stations; fixes up "clustering" of orbits somewhat; other fixes here and there.
Xeno's Mod Pack

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2017, 12:44:41 AM »

Huh.... I'm still getting odd distrubutions, with 4-5 faction in a system and faction spawning in a completely different angle than what I specified.

But I can confirm no double colonies and no problem on station/planet markets

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2017, 07:45:02 AM »

I'll take a look at both issues tonight.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2017, 01:24:19 PM »

OK, the first thing's pretty straightforward; I'll write a fix that prefers filling up a Constellation before allowing randomized population.  Dunno about the angle problem yet, but I'm sure that's something silly I forgot to do.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »

There's no proper support for Nexerelin's randomly generated sectors yet, right?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12