Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How do I check the stability of the market remotely?  (Read 5030 times)

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
How do I check the stability of the market remotely?
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »

I'm looking to sell a big bunch of fixed-price items (survey data) and for obvious reasons I want to sell them at the market with stability 10 (because of x2 price).

My problem is that I can't figure a way of checking a stability level of the market until I actually land there.

So my question is - is there any other way of checking the stability level of the market except for landing on it?

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: How do I check the stability of the market remotely?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 10:41:54 PM »

I don't think that is possible, no
mmm.... tartiflette

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »

No reliable way to check that as it can vary from what the starmap says when you actually get there.

That said, Sindria in Askonia system is probably the most stable market in the game atm...hovers around 9-10 stability.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:58:09 AM »

You can't get any kind of info about markets from intel screen besides its size and presence of military market.

Techhead

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

That said, Sindria in Askonia system is probably the most stable market in the game atm...hovers around 9-10 stability.
I discovered Kazeron is also regularly at 9 stability, but I haven't seen it at 10.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

I've also seen Culann and Eochu Bres get up to 8

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 10:56:36 PM »

Thank you very much for the answers. Seems strange that such a simple info (in a terms of SS world) is not easily available. Well... maybe it's gonna change one day =) And maybe not =)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 01:35:36 AM »

If we talk about it enough, maybe it will happen, Alex does read this forum.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 06:23:38 AM »

Well in perfect case I can hardly understand why an advanced galaxy would not have proper search and information sharing services =) Ideally it could be implemented in a way similar to space rangers, where for a small fee you could search anything and anywhere in the galaxy

Althaea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »

I'm not sure about stability, but you should certainly be able to check permanent market conditions at a distance (and temporary ones if you've heard about them through the news, e.g. starvation, a refugee crisis or whatnot). Those are not prone to changing and would generally be public information.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 09:17:12 AM »

Well in perfect case I can hardly understand why an advanced galaxy would not have proper search and information sharing services =) Ideally it could be implemented in a way similar to space rangers, where for a small fee you could search anything and anywhere in the galaxy

signal/noise. The more useless information, the less useful the useful information is because of the increased cost of finding it. That cost is minimal and permanently trivial for local news because, well, you live there, the means to communicate with where you live are built into your life automatically, but if you're dealing with the entire informational dump of, say, the whole backlog of google including the billions of spambots that have accumulated in our net, all piped through a telecom line with a hours-long delay between input and outcome (meaning if you want to visit a page on a planet's stock market bulletin, clicking the link from the other side of the solar system leaves you waiting hours until the page actually loads, and by the time it does that information is out-of-date anyway), then actually sifting through the noise becomes a lot harder than just going there, landing and asking a local.
TLDR; space dial-up
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »

but if you're dealing with the entire informational dump of, say, the whole backlog of google including the billions of spambots that have accumulated in our net, all piped through a telecom line with a hours-long delay between input and outcome (meaning if you want to visit a page on a planet's stock market bulletin, clicking the link from the other side of the solar system leaves you waiting hours until the page actually loads, and by the time it does that information is out-of-date anyway)
Totally true. That's exactly the reason why paid dedicated information segregators exist. Call it Sector Market Online or whatever and make it collect and sell accurate marketing info to players for some modest fee.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »

Paying (or skilling) for up to date market information would actually be really useful for a trading character.