Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 276612 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #495 on: June 16, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »

to be harsher, yes? Hey Alex the consensus seems to be the storms need to be harsher, could you add hyperspace hurricanes and hyperspace tsunami to the next update?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

RedTheHunter

• Ensign
  • Space, Science, Guns, what could go wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 16, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »

Hyperspace earthquakes too!
Me: "Is the space leaking in, or is the air leaking out?"
One: "Either way, you're screwed, have fun suffocating."
Marv: *Silent screams in airless space*

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 16, 2017, 05:16:54 PM »

also make crossing the event horizon instantly lethal and/or there's another starmap inside the event horizon and/or you can go into red space where you meet a bunch of peaceful probes that are also simultaneously murderous.

thanks.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 16, 2017, 07:46:59 PM »

also make crossing the event horizon instantly lethal and/or there's another starmap inside the event horizon and/or you can go into red space where you meet a bunch of peaceful probes that are also simultaneously murderous.

thanks.

to be fair nobody crosses the event horizon, or even enters a star, they just go around the star in 3d space, which on the 2d display looks like ur in (over) them
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »

Any chance of making hyperstorms moddable? I know most people like them the way they are, but there's some of us who would like to modify how harsh they are.

A quick note: they're 100% moddable. Just requires more than editing a text file.

Captain Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 17, 2017, 02:45:24 AM »

Hyperspace earthquakes too!

Demons and space monsters attacks please; I also modded infernum back; it does sounds more unique than generic fuel.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 17, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »

I also modded infernum back; it does sounds more unique than generic fuel.
"generic fuel" in Starsector is still made of anti-matter. :P

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

Hell, I'm still onboard for some proper aliens (not just AI War stuff) and/or some hyperspace horrors with bio weapons or somthing!

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 17, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »

A tiny thing that popped to my mind: will the heavy and light autocannons get new sprites at some point? There's nothing wrong with them per se, but if you compare them to the machine gun family, it's a little bit funny when you notice that the barrels are either very similar in size (light versions), or larger on the machine gun (heavy versions). ;)

Sophismata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 20, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »

Removed "destroyed weapon mounts" hullmod; was more confusing than clarifying the matter

Does this mean that it is, or is not clear when a d-mod has removed or downsized weapon mounts?

I don't know all the base mounts off by heart, but I have found some ships to be missing the normal hard points (eg, I think one of the wolf variants is missing the medium energy).

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 20, 2017, 07:14:24 AM »

Removed "destroyed weapon mounts" hullmod; was more confusing than clarifying the matter

Does this mean that it is, or is not clear when a d-mod has removed or downsized weapon mounts?

I don't know all the base mounts off by heart, but I have found some ships to be missing the normal hard points (eg, I think one of the wolf variants is missing the medium energy).

I think the gist of it is; it is not as immediately clear (you have to examine each hull for mounts rather than quick inspection of D-Mods) BUT this removes a lot of confusion with the procedural [D] ships being fundamentally different than the non-procedural old-[D] ships.

Non-procedural inferior ships, with non-cleanable downsides, now get independent signifiers e.g. [P] for [P]irate.

Slight lack in immediate clarity, at a cost to much greater overall clarity and less chance of confusion as the game mechanics play out.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 21, 2017, 04:43:04 PM »

Are planetside operations planned? Ruined/worlds and decivilized planets seem like that, the lore also points to it. Might give marines something to do.

Sophismata

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2017, 01:48:40 AM »

I think the gist of it is; it is not as immediately clear (you have to examine each hull for mounts rather than quick inspection of D-Mods) BUT this removes a lot of confusion with the procedural [D] ships being fundamentally different than the non-procedural old-[D] ships.

Non-procedural inferior ships, with non-cleanable downsides, now get independent signifiers e.g. [P] for [P]irate.

Slight lack in immediate clarity, at a cost to much greater overall clarity and less chance of confusion as the game mechanics play out.

Ahhh, right; I think I get you. Now, as long as it's a [D] ship it's possible to restore it back to full operations. [P] and other variants are essentially different hulls and cannot always be brought up to the standard variant spec.

Thanks!

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »

There's still a [D] Sunder that that has 3 medium energy instead of 2 medium & 1 large. But I think that's the only remaining exception.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »

There's still a [D] Sunder that that has 3 medium energy instead of 2 medium & 1 large. But I think that's the only remaining exception.
Restoring the Sunder gives its large mount back.

Hammerhead (D) with 85 OP does not upgrade normal Hammerhead with 95 OP, but remains itself with 85 OP and without the (D) mods.  This was reported a while back (and probably fixed for later).
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35