Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 276737 times)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.8.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2017, 10:24:07 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »

First impression of the new Thunder: it is waaaaaaaay too fast. It can't actually kill things because its attack runs last milliseconds.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »

So whats coming next? A 0.8.2 that'll "flesh" things out even further? Or maybe things are a in a good spot now and it's time for Outposts? :O

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2017, 11:32:43 AM »

And you said Odyssey won't receive any OPs! While we're at that, Heron also got some, previously maxed with +10% skill now show 3 unspent OPs.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »

Has anyone else here Avast? I've tried downloading 0.81 a couple of times already and every single time when it's about to finish downloading Avast says ''threat detected'' and I can't do *** about it. One time it actually downloaded, Avast deleted the file immediately as I opened it. I remember 0.8 also having some problems with Avast but this is far more annoying.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »

First impression of the new Thunder: it is waaaaaaaay too fast. It can't actually kill things because its attack runs last milliseconds.

It'd probably do more damage if it was slower, but speed does have other advantages, especially couple with its range.

So whats coming next? A 0.8.2 that'll "flesh" things out even further? Or maybe things are a in a good spot now and it's time for Outposts? :O

Aside from hotfixes, I it's on to new features!

And you said Odyssey won't receive any OPs! While we're at that, Heron also got some, previously maxed with +10% skill now show 3 unspent OPs.

Probably due to OP cost reductions of a few fighter wings. Some variants might be over OP as well, as a few fighter now cost more.

Has anyone else here Avast? I've tried downloading 0.81 a couple of times already and every single time when it's about to finish downloading Avast says ''threat detected'' and I can't do *** about it. One time it actually downloaded, Avast deleted the file immediately as I opened it. I remember 0.8 also having some problems with Avast but this is far more annoying.

Hmm - can you disable Avast entirely for the duration of the download and installation? (Also, if you can report it to them as a false positive, that'd be a great help.)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »

are the new Colossi not on the codex somehow? I just looked and couldn't find them
mmm.... tartiflette

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »

Hmm - can you disable Avast entirely for the duration of the download and installation? (Also, if you can report it to them as a false positive, that'd be a great help.)

I can't even report it as a false positive, which I did with 0.8... Guess only thing I can do is to disable it.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »

Huh.
Probably because Alex upload 'free' version for pirates with keyloger and bitcoin miner included by mistake.
Or so I hear.
Disclaimer.
Spoiler
ITS A JOKE.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:08:21 PM by Sarissofoi »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »

are the new Colossi not on the codex somehow? I just looked and couldn't find them

Oh, hmm - hulls with dmods don't show in the Codex. Probably not "correct" behavior here, but as the Codex is iffy at the moment, it's just one more thing to look at for it, eventually.

Huh.
Probably because Alex upload 'free' version for pirates with keyloger and bitcoin miner included by mistake.
Or so I hear.

(I get that it's a joke, but people sometimes take things seriously that they shouldn't, so I'd rather not even joke about that.)

I can't even report it as a false positive, which I did with 0.8... Guess only thing I can do is to disable it.

Anti-viruses, just ugh. In my experience, MSE is just about good enough these days, and not intrusive. But really, nothing gets you all that much protection anyway, it's mostly a false sense of security.

Todriam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »

I was in middle of installing and AVG decided it was a threat.  Couldn't get around it, so I ended up just disabling AVG for the 30 seconds it took to install.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »

It's actually great if you want to have a rapid response force, for example to help allies in trouble or intercept an enemy frigate on way to a nav buoy. Often you have to back them up after they delayed the enemy, though.
A while I had a kinda command ship (Drover) with Nav Relay, ECM package and as only direct intervention method two of the new Thunder wings. Worked pretty well.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »

Probably due to OP cost reductions of a few fighter wings. Some variants might be over OP as well, as a few fighter now cost more.
Oh, yeah, right, I forgot about that.

Huh.
Or so I hear.

(I get that it's a joke, but people sometimes take things seriously that they shouldn't, so I'd rather not even joke about that.)
(We get you want to stay low-key about this, but we won't blow the whistle on you!)

From some early tests Odyssey with twin plasma cannons and two longbow wings seems capable of killing everything non-capital in one 4-sabot salvo and then 1 double plasma cannon salvo, with HEF. If it worked on Dominator, it has to work on everything, right?
And... I finally can say that... David, I know you like this rounded gun mounts on Colossus, but really I'm pretty sure pather or pirate captains wouldn't pay attention to such aesthetic!

PS. AM I HEARING NEW MUSIC?

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »

PRAISE LUDD IT IS HERE.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile