Starsector > Announcements

Starsector 0.8.1a (Released) Patch Notes

<< < (104/104)

JH1:
Are there any plans to be able to change name and avatar during the game? This would be a welcome addition for people like me who spend way too much time on character creation.

Sy:

--- Quote from: JH1 on November 28, 2017, 02:24:54 PM ---Are there any plans to be able to change name and avatar during the game? This would be a welcome addition for people like me who spend way too much time on character creation.
--- End quote ---
you can easily change name and portrait by editing your latest savefile directly. just open \Starsector\saves\save_namegoeshere_1234567890\descriptor.xml in notepad++ or something similar, and change the portraitName and characterName entries to whatever you like. you can find the vanilla portrait names in \Starsector\starsector-core\graphics\portraits.

Alex:
As for being able to edit it in-game: maybe at some point? Mainly a question of getting around to it, as it's rather low-priority among the other things that need doing. I'll say that for outposts and factions, you'll be able to rename/change the flag at any time, precisely to avoid having to spend too much time making those decisions.

Gothars:
I'll close here, so nobody gets his hope up for new patchnotes for nothing :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version