Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rare Finds In Space (Mods Included)  (Read 8288 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Rare Finds In Space (Mods Included)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 02:34:57 AM »

Hey, come to think of it, if I didn't salvage or board them but just left, will they still be there months later?

Only if they spawned randomly as part of the sector generation - in that case they hang around forever. If they were ships that spawned as a result of a battle, then they disappear after a week or two.

You could probably take them and then immediately mothball them. You should be able to make it back to port and stick them in storage until you can actually use them.

Still gotta have the fuel to get them home.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 04:23:15 AM »

Well, for me so far, the most rarest of finds wasn't in space but instead seeing one of my modified and altered vessel on sale in a market for the first time. My reaction was: "WHAT!??? ???"

Not sure what exactly makes a ship available to be bought from a market, probably something to do with stability of a port/station/planet and the price of the ship which I always set to very high, so yeah.. was quite baffled. :-\
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »

Well, for me so far, the most rarest of finds wasn't in space but instead seeing one of my modified and altered vessel on sale in a market for the first time. My reaction was: "WHAT!??? ???"

Not sure what exactly makes a ship available to be bought from a market, probably something to do with stability of a port/station/planet and the price of the ship which I always set to very high, so yeah.. was quite baffled. :-\

Basically if it's set to spawn in a faction, then it has a chance to spawn in that faction's market. I'm fairly sure all other factors are irrelevant. (Stability has no effect on ship prices/availability, only on commodities and weapons. Market size however is usually a rough estimation of the quantities of both resources and ships.)

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 11:44:16 PM »

Aye, makes sense. No idea though how I managed to set it to buyable. Come to think of it, I messed up big time, it wasn't a ship I found on the market but one of my modified weapons. That or it was both a ship and a weapon. *facepalm*

Pardon my memory, I tend to zone out in the game sometimes so hard that it is a bit of a grey haze afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:08:22 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 11:58:55 PM »

Aye, makes sense. No idea though how I managed to set it to buyable. Come to think of it, I messed up big time, it wasn't a ship I found on the market but one of my modified weapons. That or it was both a ship and a weapon. *facepalm*

Pardon my memory, I tend to zone out in the game sometimes so hard that it is a bit of a grey haze afterwards.

All good.  ;) Weapons are more likely. You have to have a faction using a ship for it to spawn in the ship market, but weapons always have a chance of spawning in markets regardless of whether anyone's using them or not (although if they are it does increase the chance/quantity of spawning).

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 12:11:05 AM »

Ah, thanks. A little jog to the memory sure digs out the truth. :D

Other than that rare find, I've started collecting various ships from the hostile/yet-to-be-hostile fleets sometimes with the help of Console Commands to put them in an abandoned station's storage quickly as anything below my usual burn level of about 16-20 gets bogged down to about 6-10, depends of what ship I've recovered. Fun later on to test the recovered and restored ships. Haven't yet gotten a rare find there personally but I guess anything from the 14th battlegroup/heg militarized I've found and restored counts along with those new pirate painted versions of ships.
Pages: 1 [2]