Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Overall feedback on ships and weapons  (Read 47155 times)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
Re: Overall feedback on ships and weapons
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:02 AM »

I've meant HIL+graviton beams. This combo works without relying on needlers.
I almost always put graviton beams on my sunders, but recently I've been adding sabots. Sabots followed by a Tachyon Lance burst or Autopulse barrage is a good way to delete a ship from the battlespace.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: Overall feedback on ships and weapons
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »

Woah! :o

I just tested a default Hammerhead with all hullmods (only omni-shield hullmod ignored due to obvious reasons) that one is able to outfit it with in shipyards plus flux vents and flux capacitors to possible maximum levels. I even threw Augmented Drive Field, Unstable Injector and Safety Overrides on, hullmods when combined make usually any ship I have flown feel miserable... until now. Felt a bit lazy with weaponry and only threw one chaingun that I had available, a heavy mortar on the other side just in-case of whatever and on the all small mounts I put dual light machine guns on. Went into simulation, flew at a surprisingly fast speed towards the hostile ships to initiate a knife fight with chaingun and DLMs doing the most damage whenever I activated Ammofeeder and was even able to quickly whoosh away to get rid of flux at a safe distance.
I'm not currently even playing on easy, normal mode only, when I use one of my altered and modified super-ships.

Overwhelmingly impressive. Wiped the floor with a Hegemony Detachment fleet out of sim too, just to be sure as usually after first few tries with any fleet I'm already some sort of screwed, both not with Hammerhead. Score one once again to my barbaric methods of warfare in a form of good 'ol ballistic weapons. O_O
I dread the day when the Luddic Path starts using Hammerheads like I did now. Yikes. :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:28:17 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]