Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Fatal! No OpenGL context in the current thread.  (Read 1206 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Fatal! No OpenGL context in the current thread.
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:22:26 AM »

so, saving after a few bounties, and that error happens in the middle of saving...

That's the first time that has happened.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fatal! No OpenGL context in the current thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »

Could you send me the log? Seeing the stack trace would help here. Although, IIRC, this error is actually secondary and hides the original error (I've fixed that aspect of it for .1).

Are you running with mods? How much memory have you allocated to the game?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »

I am running at least over 12 - 20 mods (anything that can run 0.8 without crashing, except Looters and Artefact, that would require a start over)

I had 2 Gigabytes running last time (maximum), I have just increased it to 4 Gigabytes.

As for the log, last update was on the 21st. (I dunno how to send so...)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »

Email is probably best - fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com. Pretty sure it's not going to show anything useful, though, due to that error covering up the real one, and at any rate I'd suspect an out-of-memory being the underlying cause.

Good news is, just fixed a pretty significant memory/savefile bloat issue in vanilla that was disproportionately magnified by mods, so that should help for the next release.