Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Issues with scanning derelict ship missions.  (Read 6964 times)

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Issues with scanning derelict ship missions.
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:26:38 AM »

For those really far off derelict scanning missions, where the mission states the target is in the "heart" of the X system, this is a pretty ambiguous statement.
For example, Other missions offer some clues like "around a barren planet" or "near a jump point" but "Heart" is ambiguous, Or at least when you eventually find your target ship.

I assumed "heart" means near the systems primary star, aka the heart, or center, but when I did manage to find the target it was actually on the farthest outskirts of the solar system, even beyond its own asteroid belt.
Anyone else experience this sort of mission, I feel like i'm missing something..

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with scanning derelict ship missions.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:34:02 AM »

The mission detail "within the heart of the system" means anywhere within 5000su from the center. Which can be a bigger radius than some systems even have really. Its best to generally avoid those "heart" and "outskirts" missions for now since they tend to waste a lot of time, unless you have neutrino sensors maybe.

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:51:30 AM »

I hear ya, will avoid those, I hilariously spent like 30 minutes looking just now, Scouring the entire solar system, on the next run I end up finding it next to a asteroid belt, Which I passed so close but not enough to see the nice yellow icon  ::)

LoneWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:57:21 AM »

Hey guys, just a heads up, i figured out how to find those "outskirts" missions, usually, the target system will have some derelict research stations or other points of interest you can salvage, if you actually read the text that happens before you salvage, it will actually provide data into your fleet log of the precise location of the target, just go Intel>Fleet log>Click on the data point you got from derelict>profit  8)

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »

I too have done this. Kinda neat "digging" for info. Some might not like it....I find it fitting.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »

Hey guys, just a heads up, i figured out how to find those "outskirts" missions, usually, the target system will have some derelict research stations or other points of interest you can salvage, if you actually read the text that happens before you salvage, it will actually provide data into your fleet log of the precise location of the target, just go Intel>Fleet log>Click on the data point you got from derelict>profit  8)
This feature is sadly a bug that will be fixed in .81
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too