Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stronger [Redacted]  (Read 4750 times)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Stronger [Redacted]
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 10:01:35 AM »

These guys are relatively new in the game, so they will surely be reworked further down the line.

However, speculation is always fun, so here's my take on improving them (I'm keeping lore in mind by the way).

The AI made by try tach:

Strenghts:

1. Built in hull mods, like an improved automated repair unit, hull mods that reduce weapon recoil for better accuracy, linked network nodes that increase sensor range/weapon range the more ships are in a fleet,etc. Also more interesting hull mods for these guys.

2. More interesting/unseen ships systems. Because no crew=less concern for the safety of the inhabitants. AI ships could have experimental/dangerous systems that normally wouldn't be found on manned ships. Or maybe the crew would be unable ti properly operate such systems. As of right now, their ship systems are rather mundane/boring.

3.Superior EMP shielding, because more electronics=more need to shield those electronics.

4. More interesting defensive systems. I find the lack of phase ships, disturbing.

Weaknesses:

1.The way I see it, more electronics=more drastic effects should overloading happen. Overloading an Ai ship should cause various (longer lasting) weapon/engine/even shield malfunctions.    

The drones made by the domain:  

Pretty much the same as above, but to a lesser degree.

Probably they should get, by contrast, more hull/armor instead of flux?

If in need of creative ideas the devs should look at mods.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:24:52 PM by Sabaton »
Pages: 1 [2]