Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't base bounty fleet composition on Faction.  (Read 1440 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Don't base bounty fleet composition on Faction.
« on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:01 AM »

The more bounties you do for a specific faction, the more the bounties are placed from that faction. It gets to the point where I fight nothing but low-tech ships all the time, and it gets kinda old. Spice things up a bit, maybe have the low-tech factions place bounties on high-tech fleets sometimes.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Don't base bounty fleet composition on Faction.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »

I agree, it would make more sense for factions to place bounties on fleets from factions they are hostile to in addition to defectors and pirates and stuff. Hegemony could place bounties on tri-tachyon fleets and stuff like that. It would be a cool way for the player to obtain ships and tech from hostile factions.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Don't base bounty fleet composition on Faction.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »

I agree, it would make more sense for factions to place bounties on fleets from factions they are hostile to in addition to defectors and pirates and stuff. Hegemony could place bounties on tri-tachyon fleets and stuff like that. It would be a cool way for the player to obtain ships and tech from hostile factions.

also would be a cool way to wind up fighting side-by-side with the bounty-posting faction, if you took a bounty at a grade above your fleet's ability to handle & had to track them and then join a fleet in attacking them
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then