Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unbindable quickload  (Read 2278 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Unbindable quickload
« on: May 16, 2017, 02:20:32 AM »

cat + unbindable quickload hotkey = lost hours of play. I know I'm "supposed" to be quicksaving constantly but savescumming ruins a game for me, so I only save when I'm quitting a playsession, and I just lost 6 hours of gameplay to my kitten jumping up onto my lap and landing on the quickload button. I checked and there's no way for me to unbind quickload from any keys, only to change which buttons it takes for my kitten to ruin my play session for me
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Unbindable quickload
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »

cat + unbindable quickload hotkey = lost hours of play. I know I'm "supposed" to be quicksaving constantly but savescumming ruins a game for me, so I only save when I'm quitting a playsession, and I just lost 6 hours of gameplay to my kitten jumping up onto my lap and landing on the quickload button. I checked and there's no way for me to unbind quickload from any keys, only to change which buttons it takes for my kitten to ruin my play session for me
Can you set it to a multi button setup? Like how autofire is controlled?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

Can you set it to a multi button setup? Like how autofire is controlled?

that... is the opposite of a solution

EDIT: WHOA, RIGHT-CLICKING UN-BINDS. That could probably be telegraphed somewhere
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »

What breaks Ironman is quickloading, and creating extra save slots.  Ironman already automates quicksaving.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:27:54 PM »

What breaks Ironman is quickloading, and creating extra save slots.  Ironman already automates quicksaving.
Ironman only saves on exit and it removes the ability to quick, manual or save copy
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too