Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remnant Bounties  (Read 3969 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Remnant Bounties
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »

It would be nice if we could get some bounties that had us go after fleets compromised of Remnant. As a bounty hunter, there really isn't any reason to go in to a system infested with these guys.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Bounties
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »

The loads of AI cores you can get are worth it on their own, the battle stations drop easily a million credits worth of AI cores.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »

The loads of AI cores you can get are worth it on their own, the battle stations drop easily a million credits worth of AI cores.
You don't actually get a very large amount of cores from hunting Remnant all day.  I remember I smashed about two dozen full-sized Ordo fleets and got a rather pitifull six Gamma cores and a pair of Betas.  Not really worth the run, even if I sold all those to the TTs (though I used them to boost my reputation with factions, as credits aren't really an issue).  You get a lot more cores by exploring and killing off Derelicts from Probe Ships, Survey Ships, and Motherships.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »

Yeah, I think my memory of those systems is colored by the massive loot drops of the battle stations, it would be nice if the decent sized fleets dropped more cores as well.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 05:48:21 AM »

Remnants are not worth it for the money.  They are worth for the loot that is hard or impossible to get anywhere else.  I planned to farm Remnants to stack cores until I have enough to raise reputation from Vengeful to maybe Inhospitable.  (Finally, a way to get out of Vengeful relations, except for pirates since they do not take cores.)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:01:06 AM »

My big issue is that when you build a combat fleet, you are generally steered toward hunting bounties. The "end game" for that right now is an enemy fleet with a few capital ships and level 20 officers. You kinda miss out on the really difficult stuff, and completely miss out on fighting any of the new enemies.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »

@BillyRueben
You are bound to run into bounties hiding in systems with...interesting things in that system or in nearby systems.  You might not run into them as frequently, but it's certainly possible, just like how I usually end up in systems with named bounties in while while exploring - the other way around happens too.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »

Single Remnant fleets are not too hard, less so than the strongest endgame bounties (or system detachments if you fight factions).  Hero battlestation difficulty varies by character and fleet.  (I can understand not wanting to max enemy range reduction skills just for the handful of battlestations in the game.)

For a real meat-grinder from anyone, let the fleets stack and fight them all in one extended battle.  AI loves to abuse its turtle-and-swarm behavior, which is effective against you when it is just you against all of them.

I tried to kill six Remnant fleets at once with only a skilled Paragon.  Paragon kills about two or three fleets worth before the ships decide to abuse kite-and-swarm behavior.  Run away from Paragon (as Timid captains do) until they could swarm and kill it.  Just like in the simulator.  If AI was dumber like pre-0.72, Paragon probably could solo the simulator or extended battles as before.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:12:57 AM »

@BillyRueben
You are bound to run into bounties hiding in systems with...interesting things in that system or in nearby systems.  You might not run into them as frequently, but it's certainly possible, just like how I usually end up in systems with named bounties in while while exploring - the other way around happens too.

I have never seen a named bounty in a system with anything more than a frigate remnant presence. I'm surprised there isn't a bounty placed on a mystery fleet in a triple warning ping system every once in a while.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »

@BillyRueben

I have never seen a named bounty in a system with anything more than a frigate remnant presence. I'm surprised there isn't a bounty placed on a mystery fleet in a triple warning ping system every once in a while.
That's because they would get killed off as soon as you got into the system, which would just p*** people off
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 06:18:04 PM »

Not if the Remnant were the bounty.