Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New faction, and new stile of combat  (Read 2791 times)

LuckStealer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
New faction, and new stile of combat
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »

We all see movie where there are some fanatic religios faction, that are suicidal, a new factin like ''Chousen of The X God'', and they have suicidal fighter that dive into capital ships, aditional tehy have powerfull logn range artilery(misiile) and their ships tend to take the enemy sheeps to grave when they explode, they can detonate when they want( this need to be add to the ui i think)
This coudl be nice liek a frigate that has weak defence agaisnt fighter whill have a weak explosion whit an huge range to take down the bombers, and a frontal sjip deck whill have s powerfull explsoion but a smaller range, that will allow you to engage a bigger ship knowing you are going to take it whit you   :)

j01

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New faction, and new stile of combat
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:55:15 PM »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »

English is obviously not his first language.. let me translate he is saying in so many words it would be neat to have suicidal frigates with religious fervor, there explosions should have 2 effects. first vs fighters be a weak but with a large radius. and second for larger ships be very strong but with very short radius.

essentially if it gets shot down by fighters it will still damage said fighters.. but if it makes it to its target its devastating.

i have seen this suggested before and personally with the way things cost in the game i dont see its feasibility. not to mention i dont know how well it would fit the lore. though i suppose every state/country/faction/ has its religions with extremists.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:37 PM »

Cult of lud fills the extremist position in the game's universe IIRC.

LuckStealer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

English is obviously not his first language.. let me translate he is saying in so many words it would be neat to have suicidal frigates with religious fervor, there explosions should have 2 effects. first vs fighters be a weak but with a large radius. and second for larger ships be very strong but with very short radius.

essentially if it gets shot down by fighters it will still damage said fighters.. but if it makes it to its target its devastating.

i have seen this suggested before and personally with the way things cost in the game i dont see its feasibility. not to mention i dont know how well it would fit the lore. though i suppose every state/country/faction/ has its religions with extremists.

thx:)