Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wolf Class frigates are just anoying to fight  (Read 11964 times)

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Class frigates are just anoying to fight
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »

One thing, Alex already stated the pirate wolf-spam will be nerfed, so that's dealt with.

Concerning all other issues, the Wolf is rather obviously designed as an early-game player ship. Mobility and firepower offset by paper-skin and mediocre flux stats. I don't want to see it nerfed, ever, it's kind of the icon of early game success. Few other ships are able to win 3 on 1 frigate battles through sheer skill. The wolf does. Having it be annoying but not really dangerous in the hands of the A.I. makes this really, really good design in my perception.
Agreed. It's my favourite ship in vanilla, and I'd find any changes to it either direction unwelcome - It's powerful for its class, but it's easy to screw up with - getting overconfident with phasing and not realising you've run out of charges, negligently exposing its long flanks that aren't protected by its shield, not paying attention to your flux level with heavier weapons, finding yourself overloaded and unable to skim out the line of fire. It's simultaneously one of the most vulnerable, most versatile and most powerful combat frigates in the game, and making it anything more or less than that would undermine its purpose, role and identity.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 07:08:46 AM »

I liked it better when it had its Omni shield.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »

I liked it better when it had its Omni shield.
So say we all.
That would make early game salamanders less scary, imo.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!
Pages: 1 2 [3]