Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 415024 times)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile

There was a mighty text wall riding high, it got brought down low *pats back*

I'm doing a playthrough that I require their unique styles, but I can't find them at all in Prism Freeport through bp trade, or exploring, raiding is kinda impossible since I'm under a TTS commission, I suppose I'll keep trying, but I'm seeing if I mod it, and make a Covert Ops bp I could buy or find including these and other stealth-like ships.

Thank you for your time.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile

I like Vendetta-class, so much concentrated fire power for my low tech fleet, build, but it's seem lack of base Flux capasitor.   :-\

Overall, i love your work and kitbashing, can't wait to see more :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I like Vendetta-class, so much concentrated fire power for my low tech fleet, build, but it's seem lack of base Flux capasitor.   :-\

Overall, i love your work and kitbashing, can't wait to see more :D

Glad you like the ships! Indeed there will be a few new faces when I get around to finishing my big update.

As for the Vendetta, don't forget that she's primarily a missile-based capital ship, and doesn't require as much flux as a ballistic- or energy-based hull. Compare its 15,000 base flux capacity to the Onslaught's 17,000 (and also note base dissipation, 500 to 600) - the Onslaught has a much heavier focus on direct-fire (flux-generating) weaponry, including the Thermal Pulse Cannons which are huge flux hogs. By comparison, the Vendetta can sacrifice an equivalent flux capacity easily in order to bring those heavy missile barrages into play. Don't underestimate the strength of missile weaponry, especially en masse!

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2020, 11:59:19 PM »

Good mod my favorite is the Dram (A)-class Tanker 8) this is a must have mod
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:01:11 AM by Satirical »

kirpi17

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Amazing ship pack mod, thanks for the work. Got a special place in my heart.

I would like to share some thoughts if it is ok.
I really love the fighter wings in this mod (firebird is the best wing 8) , not just from this mod but out of all wings ever created), but i see a problem with the enigma. Enigma is way too weak for a wing that costs 20 OP. Weapon's got 3 charges and when that fighter wing attacks enemy ships it mostly misses it targets (2 out of 3 shots are usually miss) and even if it not missed, wing's damage potential is way too low compared to other bomber wings. I understand it is for hunting down frigates but it doesn't worth the OP cost.

About vendetta, in the codex it says something like being sibling with onslaught and being a missile focused warship. How about some  built-in missile weapons for vendetta? That would be cool just like how onslaught have a pair of built-in TPC.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile

I've added this mod to the list I'm going to be using in the next campaign (incredible job by the way :) ), but I noticed something:

The Vendetta is already in my game (even managed to get its blueprint the campaign before this one), is it because there are other mods introducing it?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile

Is it the vanilla Vendetta or a variant of it?  Some mods add skins and variants of other ships from other mods.  The Mayasuran faction mod, for example, has a Manta(M), but it doesn't require DaRa to show up.

(An aside question for Axle, is it possible to add additional starts to Nexerelin from your end?  If so, can we see a Nex start option with a Starlifter?)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile

I think Vendetta XIV included in XIV blueprint.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Hey folks, still alive, just forgetting that I need to actively check the forums every now and then for updates and comments. Haven’t forgotten my modding, just life has been taking me in other directions this year. While I don’t know when I’ll be “back”, rest assured I will be eventually.

That aside, I see questions.

I really love the fighter wings in this mod (firebird is the best wing 8) , not just from this mod but out of all wings ever created), but i see a problem with the enigma. Enigma is way too weak for a wing that costs 20 OP...

The Enigma really is, well, an enigma. To me as much as anyone else. The concept for a “beam bomber” is something I really quite enjoy, but I agree I haven’t nailed it just yet. The Enigma is one of the more frequently changed vehicles in DaRa. It’s almost certain to get rebalanced and toyed around with more in future updates.

About vendetta, in the codex it says something like being sibling with onslaught and being a missile focused warship. How about some  built-in missile weapons for vendetta? That would be cool just like how onslaught have a pair of built-in TPC.

It’s a cool idea, for sure! However I haven’t ever felt the need for a custom built-in on the Vendetta, I think it’s special enough as a ship even without that. Further, a couple of DaRa weapons (the Anaximander specifically, and the upcoming Dynamo torpedo launcher) were designed with the Vendetta in mind as a launch platform. Maybe the XIV variant could accept a built-in, but I’m really not sure what. (A built-in for the sake of looking more like the Onslaught would be kinda boring in my opinion, and make the Vendetta seem rather a cheap concept next to the Onslaught. Also the Legion has no built-in weapons or fighters, yet is also an Onslaught companion.)

... The Vendetta is already in my game (even managed to get its blueprint the campaign before this one), is it because there are other mods introducing it?

Is it the vanilla Vendetta or a variant of it?  Some mods add skins and variants of other ships from other mods.  The Mayasuran faction mod, for example, has a Manta(M), but it doesn't require DaRa to show up.

I think Vendetta XIV included in XIV blueprint.

There is a “Great Houses” Vendetta, as provided by Nia in Tahlan Shipworks (I think, might be another of their mods), which will appear without DaRa being present. I don’t know of any other forms of the vessel in other mods.

The Vendetta (XIV) is part of DaRa though.

(An aside question for Axle, is it possible to add additional starts to Nexerelin from your end?  If so, can we see a Nex start option with a Starlifter?)

It’s not only possible: there already are Nex custom starts added by DaRa! Specifically custom faction starts, you can check the Nexerelin config in DaRa’s files to see the full list of additions. However, I have no intentions of a Starlifter custom start, so you probably won’t see such a thing anytime soon.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It’s a cool idea, for sure! However I haven’t ever felt the need for a custom built-in on the Vendetta, I think it’s special enough as a ship even without that. Further, a couple of DaRa weapons (the Anaximander specifically, and the upcoming Dynamo torpedo launcher) were designed with the Vendetta in mind as a launch platform. Maybe the XIV variant could accept a built-in, but I’m really not sure what. (A built-in for the sake of looking more like the Onslaught would be kinda boring in my opinion, and make the Vendetta seem rather a cheap concept next to the Onslaught. Also the Legion has no built-in weapons or fighters, yet is also an Onslaught companion.)
I find ships with built-ins less enjoyable than modular ships. There's no reason for Vendetta to get anything like that, it's neither weak nor boring.

IraqiWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Quick question: Is it possible to use version checker on this mod now, or is that Java issue still unsolved?

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Why is it bad to put safety override on a Lysander? It's seam to be doing ok in simulation.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Quick question: Is it possible to use version checker on this mod now, or is that Java issue still unsolved?

I wasn’t aware Version Checker didn’t work with DaRa in the first place! ??? Can you elaborate? And has anyone else had similar issues?

Why is it bad to put safety override on a Lysander? It's seam to be doing ok in simulation.

If I recall correctly, if you use the Lysander’s active system it causes the engines to malfunction. The whole system is getting changed for the next version, with new behaviour when used with Safety Overrides.

bluevulture

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I wasn’t aware Version Checker didn’t work with DaRa in the first place! ??? Can you elaborate? And has anyone else had similar issues?

The version checker issue is with BitBucket, as they removed allowed keys for the games' version of Java. Effectively this means that version checker can't access the version file on BitBucket to verify the version. Every mod that has its version file on BitBucket is affected, and for right now the only solution is moving the file to a different host.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Gotcha, thanks. MesoTroniK (praise him) also filled me in. I’ll probably move the VC file host to Dropbox when I get back to the modding scene.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26