Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 415004 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.7 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »

Major Update: Version 0.7 - Angel's Judgement

Ah, another weekend, another big update for all'a'yer! This time it's a focus on utility and balance - while one more ship has been removed from service in this mod, we welcome a whole host more!

For instance, there's the new Sturmovik Missile Destroyer, a low-tech missile boat and it's rare stock-hull Sturmovik (S) Salvage & Recovery Barge counterpart. Joining them in the world of low-tech is the Retribution Cruiser, a lighter alternative to the popular Dominator, that is fully capable of matching most competition with its focused ballistic weaponry and Accelerated Ammo Feeder! Big shout-out to Chloe who devised the original sprite for this.

Moving up to midline designs, the Sparrow Corvette and Harrier Cruiser have both received a fancy upgrade to their flare launcher systems. Unique to these house favourites is the new Burst Flare Launcher - rapid-fire, short-duration flares to be used in the heat of the moment!

The somewhat iffy Seraphim-C Light Carrier has been removed* for impracticality. However, I'm sure you'll enjoy flying it's replacement, the much more aggressive Constellation Combat Carrier, a front-focused high-tech light carrier with an additional sensory package for added punch.

The stock Seraphim Missile Destroyer is star of the show today though, and has experienced a massive weaponry overhaul. It's large missile mount is no longer modular, but instead harbours a unique custom weapon: the Judgement Spire Launcher, a railgun-launched kinetic torpedo of huge proportions. (Huge thanks to MesoTronik for advice and material for the awesome audio file this beastly weapon includes!)

All in all, the new is great and the old is only getting better, so take some time to enjoy the new ships and see the sights!

As always, check the OP for more details.

* THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK SAVES!!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:04:37 PM by AxleMC131 »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v0.7 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2017, 12:33:03 AM »

Major Update: Version 0.7 - Angel's Judgement

-New stuff blah blah blah-

The somewhat iffy Seraphim-C Light Carrier has been removed for impracticality.

Aww, I never got the chance to try that carrier due to how the game spawns stuff. Was planning to get a couple of Seraphim Missile Destroyers and pair them with the carrier variant. Ah well, a new carrier looks good.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2017, 06:18:21 AM »

Might i humbly request a ship?
A Atlas variant that had it's cargo holds replaced by a missile autofactory and as many launch tubes as possible without compromising the structural integrity too much.
The autofactory + tubes is the in built weapon (or system?) that rapidly and uncontrollably fires tons of small missiles generating flux in the process.
The missiles warheads arw randomized with frag being the most common followed by KE and HE as the second most common then EMP then energy being the rarest (or whatever distribution works best for you of course)
On the left half of the Bell curve

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »

Might i humbly request a ship?

Ack. I really hate to be a buzzkill, but...

A Atlas variant...

Already working on one.

cargo holds replaced by a missile autofactory and as many launch tubes as possible without compromising the structural integrity too much.

That... Sounds insane.

The missiles warheads arw randomized with frag being the most common followed by KE and HE as the second most common then EMP then energy being the rarest (or whatever distribution works best for you of course)

I have zero idea how you would do that.  :-X

So, sorry about that, I don't think a "crazy Atlas missile boat" is going to happen. But, as I did say, I am already working on an Atlas conversion with its cargo holds stripped to fit in additional ordnance, and it does have a built-in gun to boot. It's a nasty big sprite though, so it probably won't be seen for a while.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:35 AM »

Please note this is incompatible with saves using 0.6, you have to start over.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »

Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me.  :-X I put that in the changelog, but forgot to mention it in my update message.

Just in case you missed it:

THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK SAVES!!!

Have a nice day.  8)

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2017, 04:50:49 PM »

The rogue is a bit overpowered, they have the firepower of warthogs with much more speed. This leads to many destroyers and frigates being utterly obliterated. Increasing OP cost to prevent them being massed so easily would be good.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:33 PM »

The rogue is a bit overpowered, they have the firepower of warthogs with much more speed. This leads to many destroyers and frigates being utterly obliterated. Increasing OP cost to prevent them being massed so easily would be good.

I find it kinda hard to believe that the Rogue has the firepower of a Warthog. Sure, it's armed with an Assault Chaingun, but it also only has the flux to fire five or six shots at maximum fire rate, before it drops off to just under two shots every second running directly off the fighter's ability to dissipate. That's an immediate DPS of 400 from the chaingun, sure, but it quickly drops to more like 100.

The Light Mortars on the Warthogs do 75 DPS, and they have three each, for a total of 225 DPS. Yes, they're a slower projectile, but they're also longer range, better per-shot damage for improved armour cracking ability, and overall a higher capacity for sustained damage.

Also, while the Rogue is very fast, it's also much less resilient than the Warthog - it has a weaker hull and about a quarter of the armour.

Bearing all that in mind, if it stills feel strong for its cost: I would prefer to balance that by lowering its flux capacity and limit the size of its initial burst to, say, three shots instead of six. In all honesty though, if it's tearing through frigates and destroyers as easily as you say, I'd like to know what sort of ships you've been facing? Because outside of speed, anything the Rogue can do, the Warthog should still be doing better.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:12 AM »

The main issue with the rogue is it's devastating power against light ships. While warthogs are slow and can be kited by frigates, the rogues can chase them down and shred their armor. This scenario is much the same versus most destroyers, with the enforcer being the usual outlier. I do concede they are much less effective against cruisers and capitals, but their effectiveness at killing destroyers and frigates is incredible.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 10:28:03 PM »

Hmm, alright. I'll run some tests of my own and then see what can be done to balance them.

Althaea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 11:39:32 PM »

... Oops, I just realized I might be partially responsible if it turns out they need to be adjusted, since I was the first (and only?) to respond when Axle asked people on the Discord what ships they usually tested themselves against in the Simulator. :P

In hindsight, among destroyers, the Legionary ought to be only slightly less exemplary than the Enforcer of the Rogue's performance against destroyers. I will add that my own experience with Rogues has largely been against low-tech targets and the Interstellar Imperium. In this they have indeed performed very well against light targets and this, I would generally suppose, is their role. I've previously assumed they'd be ineffectual against ships with laser point defenses and efficient omni-shields, but it seems I may be in error.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2017, 09:31:22 AM »

A destroyer sized large missile mount is unfortunately still absent and would be really great to have. Obviously it might need signifcant weaknesses (few or no other mounts, slow speed, fragile, possible high-maintenance in the style of a mk2 mudskipper, etc.). Whatever the drawbacks large missile mounts are simply far too rare and there's no ship specialized in one (not counting the one added in the last update, but a hardmounted large missile isn't remotely the same).

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »

I just noticed that the Katrina mining vessel isn't following the strike command. Is it not tagged as carrier?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

A destroyer sized large missile mount is unfortunately still absent and would be really great to have. Obviously it might need signifcant weaknesses (few or no other mounts, slow speed, fragile, possible high-maintenance in the style of a mk2 mudskipper, etc.). Whatever the drawbacks large missile mounts are simply far too rare and there's no ship specialized in one (not counting the one added in the last update, but a hardmounted large missile isn't remotely the same).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you may have missed previous versions of this mod where the Seraphim's large missile mount was a modular slot. However, in discussions with folks on the Discord channel, I'm afraid the following conclusion was reached by a great number of respectable modders:

Large missile mounts are overpowered on destroyers.

So, yeah, while I could stick one on and otherwise nerf the ship to the ground, there won't be one in this mod any time soon because A) it previously had one already, and B) they generally aren't a good idea.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »

I just noticed that the Katrina mining vessel isn't following the strike command. Is it not tagged as carrier?

No? Neither is the Shepherd. Neither is the Tempest  ??? Why would the Katrina be tagged as a carrier? It's a mining ship.

Just stick a regular Engage order down - you shouldn't be able to use the Fighter Strike command on it anyway, since it isn't a carrier. Although, it's also classed as a civilian ship, so tends to fly more defensively.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26