Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Disassemble Reassemble v1.6.9 - Another lovingly kitbashed ship pack!  (Read 414469 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I like the mini squall idea, kinda like the old Neriads from Shadowyards. Makes them a credible threat to larger ships, but not so powerful without support.

Aye, and it would fit with the rest of the "Heavy Fighter" doctrine by giving the Scimitar a punch against shields prior to a bomber strike run.

If I were to make a "mini squall" it wouldn't be fighter specific though - it'd be available as a small missile mount for warships too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:35:45 PM by AxleMC131 »

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

Any plans to update this to 8.1?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Any plans to update this to 8.1?

Does it not work for you in the new version?  ??? Works fine for me with no changes.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

You could update the Manta's sprite and slap 8.1a on it ;)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

You could update the Manta's sprite and slap 8.1a on it ;)

I mean, that is the plan.  :P

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Update: Version 0.5 - Clean Up

A reconfig of the Scimitar's armament, as well as gorgeous upgrades to the sprites of the Manta and Katrina!

As always, a handful of new ships have popped in to join the fun, including the Junker pirate-built "glass cannon" gunboat, the Spectacle exploratory frigate and the Insurgent phase combat freighter.

Check the OP for more details.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

I found a pretty effective variant for the Manta.

Spoiler
[close]

The Needler lets it pressure shields at range, and the Tactical Lasers keep the enemy from dropping them between bursts. The Longbows overload the pressured shields and then the Manta moves in with the Light Assault gun.

This version is better for the AI

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:08:58 PM by Death_Silence_66 »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Neat.  :)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

That junker frig... it's a literal junk :D

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

I think you should update the /data/config/exerelin/mining_ships.csv for next update. This:
Code
id,strength
dara_katrina,10
dara_mole_ftr,0.5

Bugs out the mining mechanics like big time. Histidine found that you should delete the empty space, so it would look like this:

Code
id,strengthdara_katrina,10dara_mole_ftr,0.5

That way it doesn't mess up with the mining mechanics.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Those are some nice-looking kitbashes.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile

I found a pretty effective variant for the Manta.

Spoiler
[close]

The Needler lets it pressure shields at range, and the Tactical Lasers keep the enemy from dropping them between bursts. The Longbows overload the pressured shields and then the Manta moves in with the Light Assault gun.

This version is better for the AI

Spoiler
[close]
I usually put Khopeshes and have them hang around the Manta. That and the alternating ion cannons in the front.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I think you should update the /data/config/exerelin/mining_ships.csv for next update...

Bugs out the mining mechanics like big time. Histidine found that you should delete the empty space...

That way it doesn't mess up with the mining mechanics.

Aye, as I have been informed. I tested some stuff out with using the Katrina for mining with Nexerelin along with Inventor Raccoon and Randomletters, on the Discord chat.

It'll be fixed in the next update.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

I'm playing this right now and I love the wren, and I can't help but think that if the Wren's built-in tac laser was a quietly custom, 0-flux generating tac laser it would make it a beautifully synergistic ship. It would give you reason not to load the wren out with 5 tacs, since you'd lose the benefit of the built-in 1,000 range laser maintaining the speed boost, thus giving you reason not to exclusively get the Wren when you want 5 tac lasers and also gives you something to really build around because no other weapon other than the tacs (which as I've mentioned equipping loses the benefit of the custom tac) can reach its built-in's range
edit: oh and you could reduce the ship's base dissipation rate accordingly to make it a 0-sum change
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I'm playing this right now and I love the wren, and I can't help but think that if the Wren's built-in tac laser was a quietly custom, 0-flux generating tac laser it would make it a beautifully synergistic ship. It would give you reason not to load the wren out with 5 tacs, since you'd lose the benefit of the built-in 1,000 range laser maintaining the speed boost, thus giving you reason not to exclusively get the Wren when you want 5 tac lasers and also gives you something to really build around because no other weapon other than the tacs (which as I've mentioned equipping loses the benefit of the custom tac) can reach its built-in's range
edit: oh and you could reduce the ship's base dissipation rate accordingly to make it a 0-sum change

Hmm, perhaps, but I try to avoid edge-cases as much as I can. The point of the built-in Tac Laser is to compensate for the fact that the Wren doesn't actually have a lot of weapon potential, even with the customization options offered by a pair of universal hardpoints.

Compared to a lot of other frigates, the Wren doesn't really have a good place for a "main weapon". The Tac Laser provides some semblance of firepower focus as it were. I'd considered removing it and swapping it for a (possibly hidden) small missile hardpoint and making the front hardpoints from universals into ballistics, but then I've made an Alastor with one less turret.  :-\ So for now it's just a main weapon that you can't change. Making it generate no flux seems strange and, if I'm honest, more inconsistent that I'm willing to allow.

Btw, on a similar note I'm thinking about changing the front mounts from universal to composite, because I'm worried about people cheesing the Wren (and also naughty over-use of universal mounts on my part). Thoughts? Would that ruin the Wren for people, or would it be an easily-accepted nerf?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26