Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: surrender to stations  (Read 3292 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
surrender to stations
« on: May 05, 2017, 05:54:29 PM »

Basically, sometimes I come home from an expedition with 0 supplies and dwindling CR, and I forget to turn on my transponder. Some fast picket from across the system catches wind, the planet refuses docking, and I get to mull over my mistakes in low orbit for days risking accidents while they take their time moseying over to hand me a space-ticket.

Can we just tell the station "oops, our bad, here scan us" and be done with it?
mmm.... tartiflette

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: surrender to stations
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

Honestly, I'd rather see an extra dialogue screen pop up when you jump into a system with at least one faction-owned station/planet on it that goes along the lines of
"Your transponder is off and it is illegal to enter a system with an inactive transponder, would you like to...
1) Activate transponder
2) Leave transponder inactive
3) Leave"

Too many times have I taken a rep hit due to it from forgetting to turn it back on after going dark to repair in a far-off system fighting "certain things".

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 06:13:20 PM »

Honestly, I'd rather see an extra dialogue screen pop up when you jump into a system with at least one faction-owned station/planet on it that goes along the lines of
"Your transponder is off and it is illegal to enter a system with an inactive transponder, would you like to...
1) Activate transponder
3) Leave"

Too many times have I taken a rep hit due to it from forgetting to turn it back on after going dark to repair in a far-off system fighting "certain things".
Alex is thinking about adding in another line in the jump in (and maybe jump out) dialogue that asks if you want to activate your transponder
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 01:08:54 AM »

I like the idea of surrendering to a station.

I don't like the idea of a confirm dialogue every time you jump into a core world system without transponder on. That would get old very fast. A better idea would be some visual indicator (maybe something flashing at or near the transponder button, similar to "you will be identified if you turn it on now") that you are now in "transponder required" territory.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »

I don't like the idea of a confirm dialogue every time you jump into a core world system without transponder on. That would get old very fast. A better idea would be some visual indicator (maybe something flashing at or near the transponder button, similar to "you will be identified if you turn it on now") that you are now in "transponder required" territory.

I think the idea is to have that option when you are jumping in, as in:
- Jump into system
- Jump into system and turn on transponder
- Leave

There is no extra clicks.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 05:46:05 AM »

1) Activate transponder
3) Leave"

this OH MY GOD YES this it needs to be a thing so badly on the jump into system confirmation screen. it is far to easy to be in the moment and 30 minutes or more have passed since you turned off your transponder. and then the space police pull up and ask for your registration while they put a few black marks on your space licence. and your like whats this about officer i didn't think i did anything wrong. but they are all. what ever looser now get out of my face before i melt it off and also we hate you now because you interrupted our space doughnut break and had to take this stupid call to come out here and see who you were because some old space granny didn't recognize your space ship from the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:47:53 AM by arwan »
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 06:40:35 AM »

I think the idea is to have that option when you are jumping in, as in:
- Jump into system
- Jump into system and turn on transponder
- Leave

There is no extra clicks.

Yes disregard my post. It was late and I brainfarted. All for the additional option.