Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211102 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:44 AM »

What are you working on next for the mod? If I recall you wanted to move away from being starwars mod?

Indeed I am, but new ships will take time and are not in the top of the to-do list.
Next update there will be some ship balancing, tweaks to some ship systems, some changes and fixes to the planets as well, and probably some more changes.

Regarding the "moving away from star wars" part, there are currently no star wars names nor portraits in the mod anymore, and the only similarity as of now is in the shape of the ships. When new ships are designed at least a couple will still have the wedge shape that became so known to this mod, but the ships will have more variety in terms of shape and weapon placement, and some will have large weapon mounts as well, something that is lacking right now...

This is as much as I can tell right now, time will tell the rest and make this a reality  ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! Best of luck!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2020, 03:31:08 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply! Best of luck!

Thank you!  :D

paulriquier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 29, 2020, 05:15:44 AM »

Thank you for quick reply, Indeed i did not started a new game with this mod, i guess i will try blueprint then, thank you

Fry93

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, any news on your progress? I'm a new player and I really like the way you adopted triangle ships to the art style of Starsector. I really need them in all my space games. Or flying cathedrals :D
I hope you are ok in quarantine and that you can put some work in this project.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Hey, any news on your progress? I'm a new player and I really like the way you adopted triangle ships to the art style of Starsector. I really need them in all my space games. Or flying cathedrals :D
I hope you are ok in quarantine and that you can put some work in this project.

Hey hey! First of all, thanks for the support, and I hope things are working out well with you too!

Progress is still slow, due to the virus I'm working from home and that's a double edged sword... I'm glad I can still maintain my job in these times, but time available is still scarce and this new position as a team leader takes even more brain cells from me than before, so I can't promise any deadlines for the next updates...

The best I can do is to say that Yes, things will start moving eventually, so don't lose hope!  ;)

Boggi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, first I love your mod. I always add it in my games. I find myself doing an FDS themed play through atm, and to that end I'm looking to add the blueprints to my faction via the console commands mod, as I have so many other mods active that I haven't found any properly yet. However searching via consolecommands mod, and in the fds mod files I am only able to find fds_civ_package, fds_military_package, fds_base_package, fds_adv_package and fds_missile_package, none of which have any of the advanced ships, with the submission being the strongest ship avaliable. Is there another set of blueprints I'm not seeing, or is it not included. And if thats the case is there anyway for me to add them to my game? Thanks

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Hey, first I love your mod. I always add it in my games. I find myself doing an FDS themed play through atm, and to that end I'm looking to add the blueprints to my faction via the console commands mod, as I have so many other mods active that I haven't found any properly yet. However searching via consolecommands mod, and in the fds mod files I am only able to find fds_civ_package, fds_military_package, fds_base_package, fds_adv_package and fds_missile_package, none of which have any of the advanced ships, with the submission being the strongest ship avaliable. Is there another set of blueprints I'm not seeing, or is it not included. And if thats the case is there anyway for me to add them to my game? Thanks

I am happy to hear that!  ;D

Most cruisers and capitals are only using the vanilla "rare" blueprint, meaning they have a chance to drop as an individual ship blueprint instead of bundled into a set. The FDS blueprints have all the ships that are considered "basic", even if that means you won't have access to the strongest ships right away in one BP. This is intended behaviour, although with the next update this may change due to changes made to the classification of several ships.

For now, your only way of adding the other ships through the command console is to add them one by one, like you would do with vanilla capital ships.

Boggi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for the response! I didn't know I could add ship blueprints individually, but after some quick searching I found the command, "addspecial ship_bp *SHIPNAME*" , incase someone has a similar issue later on.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I am happy to hear that!  ;D

Most cruisers and capitals are only using the vanilla "rare" blueprint, meaning they have a chance to drop as an individual ship blueprint instead of bundled into a set. The FDS blueprints have all the ships that are considered "basic", even if that means you won't have access to the strongest ships right away in one BP. This is intended behaviour, although with the next update this may change due to changes made to the classification of several ships.

For now, your only way of adding the other ships through the command console is to add them one by one, like you would do with vanilla capital ships.

Love your mod too!
Have some questions.
1) In mission there is a big cool ship like Kadur's Hand of God. Any chance to obtain it ingame?
2) How long for new update? :D

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Love your mod too!
Have some questions.
1) In mission there is a big cool ship like Kadur's Hand of God. Any chance to obtain it ingame?

Hey hey!  ;D

1) Only through cheating, or using the command console;
2) Somewhere in 2020; the changes are already done and the mod is now in the testing stage, so it'll be soon-ish!

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Love your mod too!
Have some questions.

Hey hey!  ;D

1) Only through cheating, or using the command console;
2) Somewhere in 2020; the changes are already done and the mod is now in the testing stage, so it'll be soon-ish!

Any chance to get some spoilers for new content?))

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

To be honest, not much new content... This update will mainly do the following:
- Update the mod to v0.9.1 (cost balancing);
- Streamline/simplify the ship roster;
- Adjust ship size classification for some ships (e.g. a destroyer becoming a cruiser);
- Some more stat balancing all around.
- Some changes to the star systems.

So I'd say this update will be more about removing content and fixing the existing one, than actually adding new stuff.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:28:52 AM by Johnny Cocas »

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

To be honest, not much new content... This update will mainly do the following:
- Update the mod to v0.9.1 (cost balancing);
- Streamline/simplify the ship roster;
- Adjust ship size classification for some ships (e.g. a destroyer becoming a cruiser);
- Some more stat balancing all around.
- Some changes to the star systems.

So I'd say this update will be more about removing content and fixing the existing one, than actually adding new stuff.

Aahh, I see. Good job anyway.

Fhiach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2020, 05:59:04 AM »

Hey Johnny,

Having good fun with the current playthrough on twitch. They don't feel overpowered and fit in nicely. Great work so far.  Looking forward to the next update

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2020, 03:58:18 PM »

anyone know why this mod went from 0.9.1a down to 0.9a? also does anyone have a copy of the 0.9.1a version they can send me?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18