Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211112 times)

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.10.0 (2019/03/05) - The Killer Wedges
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2019, 03:09:09 PM »

None of the FDS ships I've played with can handle their weapon flux, even with full vents. I'm not sure if this mods weapons are very flux inefficient or the shops are terrible at venting. Great mod apart from that though, I'm really loving it!

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2019, 04:06:23 AM »

None of the FDS ships I've played with can handle their weapon flux, even with full vents. I'm not sure if this mods weapons are very flux inefficient or the shops are terrible at venting. Great mod apart from that though, I'm really loving it!

Ahh yes, there's a reason for that... The ships (and weapons) were balanced against vanilla so the ships won't be overpowered, but there's a problem.... The ships have wayyyyy too many weapons, so the flux really adds up :P

So the issue is not with the weapons, the issue is with the ships that have too many weapons, but if I increase the flux capabilities of the ships they will become OP murdering wedges, and if I dont they will become overfluxed wedges... I will mess with the stats of the ships a bit and see how far I can go without making them too powerful, it'll take some testing but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: I may be wrong with what I said, I'll try to take some time and analyse each ship again because they may actually be underpowered, unlike what I have thought up to now...  ::)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:36:29 AM by Johnny Cocas »

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2019, 03:56:00 PM »

This is an absolutely kickass mod. I'm a massive star wars fan and this is easily my favorite mod so far.
That said, though, I have a suggestion: add a structure or something that produces B1 and B2 battle droids that act like marines. B1s would be around half the cost of a marine (maybe less?) but would be half as effective, but the main draw would be that they don't take paychecks like marines do. B2s would be twice as effective as a marine, but would be twice the cost of one. Again, no paychecks.
Good ***, dude

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2019, 04:31:36 AM »

This is an absolutely kickass mod. I'm a massive star wars fan and this is easily my favorite mod so far.
That said, though, I have a suggestion: add a structure or something that produces B1 and B2 battle droids that act like marines. B1s would be around half the cost of a marine (maybe less?) but would be half as effective, but the main draw would be that they don't take paychecks like marines do. B2s would be twice as effective as a marine, but would be twice the cost of one. Again, no paychecks.
Good ***, dude

Thanks for your support, and I'm glad you are enjoying my mod so much! :D
Unfortunately, following the Star Wars theme is something I don't want to do, and in several occasions I've made it clear that I'm trying to stay as far fromt he Star Wars universe as possible, with the only similarity being the shape of the ships. This is a slow transition, and the fact that many things in the mod are still "Star Wars" may cause some confusion to some...

There will be "Maintenence Bots" in the mod, which are currently still using the R2 droid sprite. They will be changed to a generic robot sprite at some point, just as the ships will be getting new sprites eventually, but due to my lack of drawing skills and time to practise this is something that will take some time and may push me further into looking for commissioned work...

That being said, I appreciate your suggestion, but that's something that I won't add to the game. Like I said, I'm trying to stay away from Star Wars, and adding alternatives to the marines is something that does not seem useful or necessary, it will only add complexity to something simple... Just think on how the game had several crew levels in the past and now there's only a single type of crew, I think the marines should remain as simple as possible as well.

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2019, 09:34:35 AM »

Thanks for your support, and I'm glad you are enjoying my mod so much! :D
Unfortunately, following the Star Wars theme is something I don't want to do, and in several occasions I've made it clear that I'm trying to stay as far fromt he Star Wars universe as possible, with the only similarity being the shape of the ships. This is a slow transition, and the fact that many things in the mod are still "Star Wars" may cause some confusion to some...

There will be "Maintenence Bots" in the mod, which are currently still using the R2 droid sprite. They will be changed to a generic robot sprite at some point, just as the ships will be getting new sprites eventually, but due to my lack of drawing skills and time to practise this is something that will take some time and may push me further into looking for commissioned work...

That being said, I appreciate your suggestion, but that's something that I won't add to the game. Like I said, I'm trying to stay away from Star Wars, and adding alternatives to the marines is something that does not seem useful or necessary, it will only add complexity to something simple... Just think on how the game had several crew levels in the past and now there's only a single type of crew, I think the marines should remain as simple as possible as well.
I suppose it's fair that you'd want to move away from Star Wars, but once FDS is fully moved away from it, would you be opposed to the idea of someone taking all the old sprites from the earlier versions of the mod and making a new SW mod with those?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »

I suppose it's fair that you'd want to move away from Star Wars, but once FDS is fully moved away from it, would you be opposed to the idea of someone taking all the old sprites from the earlier versions of the mod and making a new SW mod with those?

I've been asked that before, and I'll give you the same answer I have previously given:
That is not up to me, the sprites are not mine, and so you should be asking "MrDavidoff" for permission. Technically speaking, you could even create your own mod with the very same sprites right now if he gives you permission to use them, but it's up to you to decide whether that is something you want to do while I'm still using them or not, I guess...

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »

I've been asked that before, and I'll give you the same answer I have previously given:
That is not up to me, the sprites are not mine, and so you should be asking "MrDavidoff" for permission. Technically speaking, you could even create your own mod with the very same sprites right now if he gives you permission to use them, but it's up to you to decide whether that is something you want to do while I'm still using them or not, I guess...
Oh, okay! Thanks for pointing me to him!

EpicLancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »

im having an issue with the mod. when i turn it on i get a pop up telling me prism freeport wasnt able to load properly. i tested it to see if scy nation was conflicting with it but still had an error with scy off. the error causes a crash regardless of setting it to random gen sector or not.

not really sure what to look for in the log file but maybe this image of the pop up will help.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2019, 01:27:39 AM »

im having an issue with the mod. when i turn it on i get a pop up telling me prism freeport wasnt able to load properly. i tested it to see if scy nation was conflicting with it but still had an error with scy off. the error causes a crash regardless of setting it to random gen sector or not.

not really sure what to look for in the log file but maybe this image of the pop up will help.

This is a known error and it has been fixed, but the fix has not been released yet... I'll be releasing a new update asap to fix that and some other problems that have appeared since the release of SS 0.9.1a.

If you can't wait for the update (or a hotfix I should have released in the mean time) all you have to do is open the following file:
Code
Starsector/mods/FDS/data/config/prism/prism_ships_blacklist.csv
and replace the "hull_id" in the first line with "id".

EpicLancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2019, 05:06:29 AM »

ty ^,^ the "murder wedges" have been a lot of fun so far

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2019, 05:25:59 AM »

ty ^,^ the "murder wedges" have been a lot of fun so far

Thank you  ;D I'm glad to see you are enjoying it that much!

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

FDS has finally updated!!!

You may expect some balancing around the PPT and monthly supply cost of each ship, as well as the cargo capacity of the freighters and fleet points of some ships, a new ship system, and a couple more changes.

Some bugs have been squashed, including the Nexerelin ID issue and the file extension problem with Unix!

More details in the Changelog ;)

Deko

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The new patch is not compatible with existing save games running the previous version. I guess this is due to the droid changes/merge.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

The new patch is not compatible with existing save games running the previous version. I guess this is due to the droid changes/merge.

The droid merge is the least of the problems here... several systems, projectiles, hullmods and items were changed, both in names and files, so running the mod on a older save is impossible.

Edit: As a general rule, if the version of the mod goes up from v0.10.0 to v0.11.0 you need a new save, but if it goes from v0.11.0 to v0.11.1 it should be save compatible, unless stated otherwise. At least that is how I try to work on my mod.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 08:09:26 AM by Johnny Cocas »

EpicLancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

to start things off, we have this nifty little error that pops up once i run the game. game loads fine without fds on. did i somehow not get all the files i needed while downloading?

and to end it two questions.
1: are we suppose to be able to find the bp for the laser weapon the fighters use?
2: did this update fix an issue (or was a it a known issue) where one of the fds ships would glitch out in the production screen thus being unable to be made. cant remember which one but it was either the Penitence or the Prudence.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18