Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

How should the star systems be distributed in the campaign map?

Cluster in the outskirts (current - check screenshot in spoilers)
- 12 (75%)
Spread around the core systems
- 1 (6.3%)
Spread all over the place
- 2 (12.5%)
Other? Leave a comment!
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.9] Fringe Defence Syndicate v0.11.0 (2019/10/15) - The Murderous Wedges  (Read 211092 times)

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Star Wars: Rebalanced - WIP: Development topic
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »

Added a poll to see the people's opinion on the Star Systems to add in the mod.

Depending on the number chosen the most important systems from the Star Wars story (from a gameplay point of view) will be chosen, and so will their position (the higher the number the farther they'll be from the core vanilla systems to prevent overlaps with other mods).

This mod adds two factions unlike most mods (which add only one), so having only one system for each faction is not enough but too many and some people might not enjoy it.

Please state your opinion on the poll and in the comments, every vote counts ;)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »

I think the pay should spawn on a he very edges of the galaxy, like their invading from their galaxy
May the fry be with you.

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »

This is the position I am placing the planets at the moment.

Please note this is still a work in progress, some planets may be added or removed!
Spoiler
[close]

I wanted the planets to be close enough to the core systems so everybody can reach them with ease but far enough so it won't mess with the other mods.

However, the "Modiverse" map updated yesterday and I already see some possible overlaps or systems too close to each other so I will need to offset them a bit, probably further northeast.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Star Wars: Rebalanced Alpha version 1 - WIP
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 05:49:11 AM »

Kk
May the fry be with you.

agigabyte

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Star Wars: Rebalanced v0.2.1 - WIP
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 01:30:24 PM »

I really like this idea. It should also be noted that the Empire, and more often, local Imperial Sector Defense Militias used some ships associated with the Rebels. Nebulon-B Frigates, CR90 Blockade Runner Corvettes, etc. So, you could have a good bit of faction overlap while making small gameplay changes to the ships based on their factions and having certain unique ship types be limited to one faction.

Also, one possible way to scale it would be to have an ISD be the size of a Paragon, or so, and then scale down anything larger. So, the Executor, if included, would be only five times the size of an ISD. Still massive and kinda tough for the AI, but not gamebreakingly so.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:32:08 PM by agigabyte »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »

I really like this idea. It should also be noted that the Empire, and more often, local Imperial Sector Defense Militias used some ships associated with the Rebels. Nebulon-B Frigates, CR90 Blockade Runner Corvettes, etc. So, you could have a good bit of faction overlap while making small gameplay changes to the ships based on their factions and having certain unique ship types be limited to one faction.

Also, one possible way to scale it would be to have an ISD be the size of a Paragon, or so, and then scale down anything larger. So, the Executor, if included, would be only five times the size of an ISD. Still massive and kinda tough for the AI, but not gamebreakingly so.

Every ship that has the word "some" before it enters the category of the Venator and other already mentioned ships that were used although not very often. All the ships in that category can be added as rare ships or linked to certain events so they will be in the game but not very often (frequency of appearance of a ship can be set in the fleet composition list though).
So these ships will appear in the game (once they are added), but they will be uncommon.

Unit scaling in this game will be tricky to do without making the smaller ships look bigger than they should, I can't (or better yet, I wont) make ships to scale or I would have mile long ships (a.k.a. Full HD images and higher resolution sprites, just for a quick size reference) that nobody except the player could pilot.

My idea was something like having ISPs a few pixels larger than a Paragon (shouldn't hurt the game to have a ship a couple of dozen pixels larger than vanilla ships, right?) and then something like the Millenium Falcon the size of the smallest frigate available right now.
The ships simply can't be to scale, so ships that should be half the size of an ISP will actually have 70-80% of the ISP's size. Soon I'll start dealing with the ships and then I'll decide those details, I'll get the ship sprites first. ::)

Regarding the ships like the Executor and anything larger than an ISP, IF I add them to the game I will probably add them in a mission either as a player controled 1 vs all or as the opposite, a boss fight with the boss being the huge stronger ship, I am almost certain I will not add them to the campaign. In custom missions the sky is the limit ;D

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »

Perhaps we should just make two separate mods.

One for The Clone Wars.

One for the Imperial, and Rebellion
(Imperial and Rebellion in one mod)
Hello!

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »

Perhaps we should just make two separate mods.

One for The Clone Wars.

One for the Imperial, and Rebellion
(Imperial and Rebellion in one mod)

I know I said I could make a separate download to add the factions from the Clone Wars but that simply isn't enough. I would need to change the planet ownership (The factions from both time periods can't geographically coexist), add more ships, change the code for subsystems and hull mods (because many of them are kinda linked to the Empire vs Rebel story) so effectively I will be making two separate mods.

So, like I said before, I will focus on the Galactic Empire time period and once I'm finished I'll deal with the Republic's period.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:45:42 PM by joaonunes »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Star Wars Rebalanced v0.4 - WIP
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 12:09:23 PM »

I am looking for artists to design the ships! If you are interested send me a private message and I'll discuss further details.
Here's some info of what you'll be expecting:

- You will work for free, this is not a paid job/mod :P The only payment you'll receive is a credit reference for all the work and my eternal gratitude.
- If you can design ships from scratch that is a big plus. Note that the ships' sprites need to be at least similar to how they look in the movies/books/wiki/etc. Art styles can be discussed (a.k.a vanilla-ish vs Star Wars alike).
- You will need to make sprites for as many ships as possible, I will provide a list.
- The sprites should look as good as possible, so if you've got the skills you are more than welcome, it does not matter if you are a profesisonal artist or not.

I can code the entire mod on my own but I am struggling with the sprites because I am a Computer Sciences student, not arts, and due to the fact that 3 more school projects have appeared simultaneously last week I don't have the time to teach myself into creating mediocre ship sprites in a decent amount of time.

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Dont know if its because of the other mods I have, but it seems a market in the coruscant system cant be added? Error log:
Spoiler
206515 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.AddMarketplace.AddMarketplace(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;F)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/econ/MarketAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.AddMarketplace.AddMarketplace(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;Ljava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/util/ArrayList;Ljava/util/ArrayList;F)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/econ/MarketAPI;
   at data.scripts.world.systems.CoruscantSystem.generate(CoruscantSystem.java:40)
   at data.scripts.world.StarWarsGen.generate(StarWarsGen.java:16)
   at data.scripts.SWRebalancedPlugin.onNewGame(SWRebalancedPlugin.java:56)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.while.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.fornew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.fornew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.o0oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.while.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

Dont know if its because of the other mods I have, but it seems a market in the coruscant system cant be added?

I haven't tested my mod extensively with other faction mods for example so sadly such errors may occur :/
Could you provide a list of your installed mods?
And thanks for the log message, I am almost certain of what is causing the error just by looking at it but to be sure I'd like to have a mod list and also try it myself.

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Dont know if its because of the other mods I have, but it seems a market in the coruscant system cant be added?

I haven't tested my mod extensively with other faction mods for example so sadly such errors may occur :/
Could you provide a list of your installed mods?
And thanks for the log message, I am almost certain of what is causing the error just by looking at it but to be sure I'd like to have a mod list and also try it myself.

Its a long list, but good luck. Also what I post in it is what theyre called when you put them into the mod folder, so you'll probably have to look them up.

Spoiler
EZFaction, Starsector FX, Arkandian, ATX, Audio Plus, Autosave, Better Beginning, Combat Alarm Sounds, Combat Chatter, Console Commands, Dassault-Mikoyan, Degenerate Poitrait, Diable, Discount Ships, EZFaction Explorer, Galatia Complete, GKsec, Graphicslib, IBO Mobile Suits, Ifed Legacy, Industrial Officers (Not sure but think this also has an error), Interstellar Imperium, Lazylib, Leading Pip, Neutrino, Oculian Berserks (from the Red Mod), ORA, Parrot, Potrait pack, both power Dolls portrait packs, Raccoon's Arms, Shadowyards, SS+, Templars, TheSilentArmada, Tore Up Plenty, UnknownSkies (potential mod compatibility error as well), UpgradedRotaryWeapons, Useable [REDACTED], Venture (A), and finally Version Checker
[close]

Just be prepared for a long load time. Also fair warning, your mod's not the only one that's causing me issues, but this one is the only that spits up an error, the others just cause the game to freeze on new game start

EDIT: Just realized that the Parrot Battlecruiser is in the discount ships pack, so you can take the Parrot mod out
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:43:34 PM by gofastskatkat »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile

Hmm...

You have to many mods @gofastskatkat. I assume you have upgraded the jre to 7u79 and allocated enough memory in the vmparams file?

Here's my suggestion of mods you should retain for a good gameplay. This are really clean ones.
- Audio Plus.
- Autosave.
- Combat Chatter.
- Console Commands.
- Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering.
- Diable Avionics.
- GraphicsLib.
- Interstellar Imperium.
- LazyLib.
- Leading Pip.
- ORA.
- Shadowyards.
- SS+.
- Templars.
- Unknown Skies.
- Upgraded Rotary Weapons.
- Version Checker.

Then, the mods that you can add to the list:
- Better Beginning.
- Combat Alarm Sounds.
- Degenerate Potrait.
- GKSec.
- IBO Mobile Suits.
- Power Dolls Portrait Pack.
- Arsenal Expansion (the new name of Racoon's Arms Pack)
- The Silent Armada.
- Tore Up Plenty.
- Hegemony Auxiliary (or the Venture (A)).

They are at least stable though not tested to the extreme yet.

Mods not to use:
- EZFaction.
- Starsector FX.
- Arkadian.
- ATX.
- Discount Ships.
- EZFaction Explorer.
- Galatia Complete.
- IFed Leagcy.
- Industrial Officers.
- Neutrino.
- Oculian Berserks (or RED mod).
- Useable [REDACTED]

That's my advice anyway. Hope this helps.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

To be fair, I only tried out the EZFaction stuff to see how well it works, have disabled them. Otherwise, yup, allocated 14gb of ram to SS so that shouldnt really be that much of an issue. And too many mods is almost enough haha. Also, JRE 7u79 is out of date now, so they wont let you download it from their website anymore
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:18:26 PM by gofastskatkat »

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

The problem should be fixed, I am 99.99% sure the error was related to some code I borrowed from the Shadowyards mod and should be fixed by now, but if you continue to have more issues with my mod please say so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18