Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Skills and Story Points (07/08/19)

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 429 (25.2%)
More weapons
- 288 (16.9%)
More campaign features
- 235 (13.8%)
Space monsters
- 342 (20.1%)
More lore
- 92 (5.4%)
More music
- 63 (3.7%)
More portraits
- 95 (5.6%)
Subfactions
- 161 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 765

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released  (Read 1213477 times)

Lolpingu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards v0.9.5a (10.06.2019) - Hotfix released
« Reply #2955 on: September 06, 2019, 06:12:51 PM »

Do you try buleprints or fight their bigger ships it is posible that nexelin mess up markets, not blackrock mod it self.
Nex could definitely be a problem. I'm also using Vayra's sector, not sure if can have any possible effect on markets but there it is

Also, I'm playing the faction rn and as any sensible Nex player would do, I abuse the "follow me!" function to take my faction's stompy patrol fleets and use them to smash stations and defense fleets. So, BRDY had loads of size 6+ military markets in my game, including a few captured HQs :D
As for blueprints, I've yet to find em. They're not part of the BRDY military blueprint package, so I assume they have to be found individually. 
Lastly, as I said, I abused the "follow me!" function quite a bit, so I've fought alongside several BRDY armadas and I kept an eye out for ferro-shots. Nothing.
Oh, and one more thing - I played with their rarity and tier so that they should basically appear as often as shredders, in open markets. Still nothing.
Weird.

Taverius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 07, 2019, 03:08:54 AM »

@Cycerin I'm not sure 2 small missile slots warrant the Cetonia having a full double the daily supply use of a Tarsus at 6/day vs 3, and a 50% fuel/ly surcharge on top.

Its actually weaker, defensively - better shields, but they're front-locked and thus useless in the only combat it will see, and the rest of the stats mainly balance out; better flux cap but weaker dissipation, better armor but weaker hull, the only standout is the speed which doesn't fully make up for the useless shields.

A mule is 7/day, and a Cetonia is pretty significantly weaker. Feels more like a 4 or a 5.

Edit: New asura is fun but its such a toy that its hard to justify keeping it around. I guess that balances the absurd damage output!

Still kinda ... ugh, there's no cruiser I really feel that does the 'line cruiser' thing well, the heavy is kinda meh. Yeah you have a large slot but it has to get close to use all those smalls anyway, really unsatisfying to build & use, I mean except when you press F, that's always fun. And the knight is still this sorta useful but wishy-washy thing that's on the slow side and with little range and poor flux. Its a strange world when a nevermore is the best line cruiser.

A man can get bored of spamming shard cannons on EVERY. SINGLE. SMALL SLOT. you know?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:05:43 PM by Taverius »

Zym

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: October 16, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Great mod.

Some balance feedback:

I've been testing out Vespas with a multitude of carriers and they really are in a league of their own. Their speed allows them the highest DPS of all bombers I've tested while also cracking shields and armor equally well thanks to the fury torpedo's energy damage type and high per-hit damage. That they also sit at 20 OP a piece means it's hard to compete with them since every other competitor is either more expensive, slower or cannot deal with the multitude of threats that a Vespa can.

Their main weakness being that they are somewhat frail is often nullified by the system of the carrier using them, such as an Astral's teleportation system.

Some of my tests:
Astral vs Karkinos using 6 Vespas in the mission testing area: https://streamable.com/posmb
2 Astrals using 12 Vespas with Cathedral mine support vs 3 Remnant ordos at once (including a Nova at the end): https://streamable.com/oeein

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: October 19, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »

It's probably the fault of other mods, but a lot of the BRDY weapons won't ever spawn in markets, like the normal gale-cannon, large dart pod, IMN assault gun, voidspear MRMS, and a few others. I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Dudok22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 22, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »

It's probably the fault of other mods, but a lot of the BRDY weapons won't ever spawn in markets, like the normal gale-cannon, large dart pod, IMN assault gun, voidspear MRMS, and a few others. I'm not sure what could be causing it.

It's a known bug, do this to fix it:

Add "brdy_wep_bp" to the \mods\Blackrock Drive Yards\data\world\factions\blackrock_driveyards.faction file in the knownWeapons like this

Code
"knownWeapons":{
"tags":["brdy_com_bp", "brdy_mil_bp", "brdy_rare", "brdy_wep_bp"],
"weapons":[
],

braciszek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: October 29, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »

I am addicted to this mod. BRDY ships and equipment favor a playstyle that i very much enjoy. With a Karkinos as my flagship, no capital ship's rear is safe from being obliterated. I typically favor controlling cruisers and capital ships, but the destroyers and frigates of BRDY are very fun to pilot with their ability to pack loads of firepower.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198]