Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ  (Read 382773 times)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2019, 10:50:32 AM »

Ok thanks... I'll try.

What's the purpose of a 'High Value Prisoner'. I can sell it for 5000 but I can't exchange it for some points of relation at my local starbase.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »

POWs are a Nexerelin feature. You can ransom them for money, return them to a given faction to improve your standing with it or you can sell them as slaves to the less law-abiding factions.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

Oh ok, I guess I'll ask to ask into the dedicated thread. Because it is not clear to which faction he belongs and how to get relationship from him (and not money).

That's strange that there is ZERO information remaining on the map or anywhere once you find a Pirate or Luddic Path station in a system. Why is that? Are we supposed to take notes on a paper?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »

If you find a lirate base or luddic path base and do not destroy it it should show up on the information screen under luddic path or pirates respectively

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2019, 03:06:53 AM »

I'll check, thanks.

I tried to add a terraforming station with the Consol Command but got a null pointer exception... Any idea?

runcode PlanetAPI star = ((StarSystemAPI) $loc).getStar(); if (star != null) { $loc.addCustomEntity(null, null, "asharu_platform", "neutral").setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, VectorUtils.getAngle(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), MathUtils.getDistance(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), 180f); }

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:46 PM »

What is the usage of the 'Abandoned Spacedock', you can't interact with it?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2019, 10:48:08 PM »

What is the usage of the 'Abandoned Spacedock', you can't interact with it?

Flavour and lore, first and foremost.

There are a few abandoned stations that have storage submarkets, but only three in the vanilla sector if I recall correctly can be used in this way (Asharu's Abandoned Terraforming Platform is the best example), while the rest, maybe half a dozen, have no interaction besides the dialogue screen. Mods may add a few more.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2019, 09:00:02 AM »

If I settle a colony then lose it, what happens to ships in storage? Same question for fuel?
Thanks.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »

Everything in storage of that colony is lost.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »

Thanks.

I don't understand why the [Redacted] that we find stay dormant even when they are detecting my fleet (they turn blue what's more).

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2019, 09:52:29 PM »

I don't understand why the [Redacted] that we find stay dormant even when they are detecting my fleet (they turn blue what's more).

They don’t “turn” blue. It’s just because they get close enough that you can identify them.
<Nada>

Stormlock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2019, 10:54:46 AM »

Silly question: How to I delete intel from my map/log? It's getting cluttered with things like locations of class 2 planets I don't care about at all.

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2019, 03:59:19 AM »

Hello there  :)

So I've seen this part "Tips & Tricks" telling us the text would be smaller in higher resolution. I'm building a Zen 2 pc (my first build, so excited ^_^), and I wonder if I will be alright playing at 1440p ? If not I'll just downscale at 1600x900 I guess ^^ I'm very anxious about how much ram will be needed for all the mods I'll enable for the resolution I'll play on, as I've always been starving ram-wised on my laptop (6g ram, including 2g for Windows) and Vram too as I had a Nvidia GT630M with 1g Vram. Do you think going from 6g ram to 16g ram should be plenty ? Also going from GT630M 1g Vram to RX 5700XT 8 Vram is enough or should I go for the Radeon VII ? xD I'd really like to play the game with a nice resolution (I don't know what the sweetspot is), with enough ram and Vram for something like 25 factions + a lot of addon mods (Nexerelin, portrait pack, combat radar, etc). Also I'm upgrading from Intel i7-2670QM to Ryzen 7 3700X, so I guess it should be enough for all these mods. Would I be fine with this rig ? Also is the fps in the game locked at 60, and is there any gain having higher ? I wonder how much fps I would get with the rig (cpu and gpus at stock with 16g 3200Mhz CL14 ram). For science :P

Thanks in advance ! Have a good day o/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:44:56 PM by Seifer »

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

How do I build cytosanctums?

If I'm not supposed to be able to, is there a setting/mod to fix that?

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »

You can only find cryosanctums out on the fringes. You get the structure for your colony so long as you build a colony within the same system as the cryosanctum. IIRC, there are only 2 max in a given sector gen, but you can use dev mode to help locate them on the map easily. The names of systems with cryosanctums will be a unique color while in dev mode.

Alternatively, it may be possible to use Console Commands in combination with the "RunCode" command to make code that will spawn a cryosanctum on player location.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32