Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ  (Read 384080 times)

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »

Simple question: I have a colony, and I've built a makeshift comm relay and nav buoy. However, I've seen upgraded versions of both in other sectors. How do I upgrade mine? Or is that impossible?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 31, 2019, 09:28:12 PM »

Simple question: I have a colony, and I've built a makeshift comm relay and nav buoy. However, I've seen upgraded versions of both in other sectors. How do I upgrade mine? Or is that impossible?

It's not possible to upgrade structures, no. The Domain-Era structures you can find are (story-wise) leftover from the Domain exploration of the sector, and built using technologies that don't exist anymore... or something like that. Gameplay-wise, they're a cool thing to find, and make a system more desirable as a colony location since they're objectively better than the Makeshift structures you can build yourself.

The downside is that you can't change the type of structure without destroying it, so if you dismantle a Domain-Era Comm Relay because you'd rather have a Nav Buoy there instead, the Nav Buoy will be makeshift, and you can't re-instate the Domain-Era tech.

Check out the blog post on objectives (as well as pirate bases etc.) for the whole detailed explanation: http://fractalsoftworks.com/2018/06/12/pirate-bases-raids-and-objectives/

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 01, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »

I actually found a sector with habitable planets and all three types of domain era structures. Very cool, now I know to target that sector next for colonization.

Another question:

I placed a custom order with my colony to create some ships. I was under the impression that they would arrive in my colony's storage at the end of the month, but it's been several months after the order concluded and they aren't there. Am I missing something?

Like here, where will these 9 Wasp Wings go at the end of the month? Will they arrive in the storage of Klokkus Prime? (My best colony name, let's be honest)

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 01, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »

I figured out the answer to my previous question. I didn't realize the newly built ship hulls had been added, since they didn't have any special designation and appeared broken at first glance.

New question.......... how do I tell what day/month it is ingame, and how long until my next income drop, end of the month colony costs, and so on? I have looked for but couldn't find an indicator for the ingame date anywhere.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 02, 2019, 01:03:18 AM »

I figured out the answer to my previous question. I didn't realize the newly built ship hulls had been added, since they didn't have any special designation and appeared broken at first glance.

New question.......... how do I tell what day/month it is ingame, and how long until my next income drop, end of the month colony costs, and so on? I have looked for but couldn't find an indicator for the ingame date anywhere.

Isn't that always in the top left corner? The "date" with a progression bar, and "month" "day" just below? Also Cycle is the year, the game starting at cycle 206, the beginning of the cycle being the great collapse.

Income results arrive the first of each month.

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 02, 2019, 03:17:46 AM »

How did I miss that? I play at 1440p, so I guess the tiny text makes this stuff hard to see lol. Thanks.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2019, 01:28:56 AM »

Can anyone recommend any other faction mods similar in quality level to Interstellar Imperium? 

flamin_shotgun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »

I find that I can't trade with pirates sometimes. The market data says that this pirate base, Umbra, is having a shortage and is willing to pay alot for these goods, but there is no trade goods option in the menu.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2019, 04:10:07 AM »

I find that I can't trade with pirates sometimes. The market data says that this pirate base, Umbra, is having a shortage and is willing to pay alot for these goods, but there is no trade goods option in the menu.
What does the dialog text say? Generally if it's blocking you from trading, it's because it's a hostile faction and your transponder is on.

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »

if god loves us, why did he create cosmic lightening storm s to destroy all our space ships
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »

if god loves us, why did he create cosmic lightening storm s to destroy all our space ships

... Are you referring to hyperspace storms?

Smartfolk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 09, 2020, 07:56:53 AM »

Made a newbie economy guide check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgN7MjXARfg

NoMoTalk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 09, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »

I just started this game with a mode. I press wsad & the ship doesn't move. WTH do I need to do? Is there something I'm missing? Like do you have to start the engines or something?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 09, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »

I just started this game with a mode. I press wsad & the ship doesn't move. WTH do I need to do? Is there something I'm missing? Like do you have to start the engines or something?

What mod? (I'm assuming by "mode" you meant "mod")

What kind of scenario were you in where you were flying the ship? Was it a single mission, one of the tutorials, or in the campaign?

Hindsight auto-debug: If you just started a new campaign game (and you skipped the campaign tutorial because otherwise you would know this), the game starts in the CAMPAIGN view, as opposed to the COMBAT view which is where you control a single ship with W-A-S-D. In the campaign view though, you move your whole fleet by clicking on a point in space with the left mouse button.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:22:42 PM by AxleMC131 »

Rasip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2020, 02:55:16 PM »

Click where you want to move in the regular map. WASD is used to control your ship in combat. Right clicking on the map sets a waypoint your ships will fly to.

Do the tutorial...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32