Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ  (Read 382699 times)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Guide Thread/ FAQ
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2019, 10:32:44 PM »

Is it possible to remove the (D) of a ship, through advanced refitting method? I'm using Nexerellin mod, if it helps (and add content)

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »

Is it possible to remove the (D) of a ship, through advanced refitting method? I'm using Nexerellin mod, if it helps (and add content)

Not sure what you mean by “advanced refitting method” but (D) mods can be removed by clicking “Restore” at the bottom-left hand side of the screen. If you mean removing individual (D) mods however, there isn’t a way to do that.
<Nada>

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2019, 05:33:28 AM »

Ok, I saw the button! Wow it costs a lot!

How can I apply a ship loadout (I made) to another one? It starts to get old when you have 10+ ships of a given type.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2019, 06:34:44 AM »

Ok, I saw the button! Wow it costs a lot!

How can I apply a ship loadout (I made) to another one? It starts to get old when you have 10+ ships of a given type.
You go to the ship you outfitted, then click on Autofit. In that screen there are 4 variant slots.
Click on an empty one (or, if not available, remove an existing one and then click the empty spot).
Then click on the Current Variant.
Now you can go back to your other ship, open Autofit and select your own design.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2019, 08:16:17 AM »

It costs a lot (more than base hull cost from shop) to offset the 'search' for a specific ship in shop in pristine condition, or the hassle of making it youself.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »

Thanks for the template setup!

Is Nav Relay bonus limited to 10% I have deployed 8 Drone Tenders each having one, so in theory I should have received 16%. Now I understand it would be abusable if not capped.

Oblivion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »

Is Nav Relay bonus limited to 10% I have deployed 8 Drone Tenders each having one, so in theory I should have received 16%. Now I understand it would be abusable if not capped.

I believe there’s a skill in either the leadership or technology tree which increases the cap to either 15 or 20. But I'm pretty sure it’s in the leadership tree.
<Nada>

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

Ok, although I'm not speaking of the bonus from taking the POI on the map, but from the mod you add on ships. Does it go to the same cap/ability?

Oblivion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2019, 04:53:01 AM »

Pretty sure it does.
<Nada>

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2019, 10:52:26 AM »

What would be the point of not using the black market in a pirate base?

Some systems don't have com relay. But they don't have 'stable orbit' (I don't recall the exact name) to place one either. Does it means they are stuck permanently here? i.e no market price you can check? This is a bit bothersome, game wise.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:38:59 PM by vorpal+5 »

Oblivion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »

For me it’s pretty much a given to buy/sell from the black market. There's really no downside to doing it.

Can't remember if any of the vanilla hand crafted systems do this, but this does mean you'll never be able to check the prices.
<Nada>

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »

Is the saved game editable? Some of the systems (random generation) have no stable orbit for com relay and such and that's a bit of a bother, gameplay wise.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2019, 01:32:55 PM »

Is the saved game editable? Some of the systems (random generation) have no stable orbit for com relay and such and that's a bit of a bother, gameplay wise.

Download console commands and paste this into the console:

Spoiler
Code
runcode PlanetAPI star = ((StarSystemAPI) $loc).getStar(); if (star != null) { $loc.addCustomEntity(null, null, "stable_location", "neutral").setCircularOrbitPointingDown(star, VectorUtils.getAngle(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), MathUtils.getDistance(star.getLocation(), $playerFleet.getLocation()), 180f); }
[close]

This spawns stable location where your fleet currently is.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2019, 10:33:48 PM »

It works, that's awesome!

May I ask how I can rename a planet?
And add an abandoned station?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »

I'm actually not sure about the latter - I guess the same code works, but would have to replace the "stable_location" with station's ID? I didn't write that code though, so I don't really know.

As for renaming a planet - if it's just a planet in the system, you can change its name when you're making a colony on it.
When it's a colony already - left-click its name in colony management screen (the one you can see industries in, etc)
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32