Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Green Knight Security (v3.0)  (Read 152575 times)

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.9b)
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »

Love this mod, thanks for your work and any future work you may do  :)

Thanks for your kind words!

Awesome looking mod, although im forcing myself to wait: need at least one capital ship to feel competitive without zerging enemies with cruisers =_=

Ah I understand capitals are hard to get so they weren't top priority and this mod doesn't have a custom faction yet so you don't have to worry about commissions (ships can be found in independent markets!)
But don't worry I'm working on both of those, so what type of capital would you like to see, I have some ideas but if you want to see something special I'm open to suggestions

felixsimon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

oh, i thought it was a custom faction... Still, i prefer my fleet to be uniform (if i play neutrino or diable mods, i never use ships from any other faction) and considering specific color and style of your ships, they wont blend well with anything but themselves, so im looking forward to making GKS Fleet to rule them all  ;D
As for the capital... Im kinda biased toward something like Unsung from Neutrino mod, but i understand that it's unreasonable. As for more realistic option, ive been playing many different mods,and all capital ships that i umm... "commissioned" have same problem: crapton of mounts, no flux to support possible firepower. I understand, that it's made for balance purposes, but maybe GKS could have capital ship that is light on weaponry (like maybe only 2 large mounts, or even only one) but great flux dissipation, that would allow player to stick pretty much any weaponry on it and not feel like they use only half of it after first barrage. Just throwing the idea out there  ;D

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »

Found one of the "Radome" disc being sold in several markets. Are they supposed to be sold normally?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »

Found one of the "Radome" disc being sold in several markets. Are they supposed to be sold normally?

Probably not. O.o

@MinusUdn, you might want to give the Radome the "SYSTEM" hint in weapon_data.csv .

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:51 AM »

Probably not. O.o

@MinusUdn, you might want to give the Radome the "SYSTEM" hint in weapon_data.csv .

Indeed, fix coming soon, is there anything else that needs to be fixed? balance wise does the jamming system feel good? too strong too weak?

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2017, 04:39:47 AM »

none so far really (on my side), since I rarely get GSK ships due to them only appearing in black markets or locked military markets.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v1.0a)
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

-v1.0a is finally out includes faction, 2 new stations & markets plus some balance patches (market related)

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v1.0a)
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2017, 04:12:17 AM »

v1.1b is out!, it adds 4 new missiles 1 new medium energy weapon, 1 new system, 1 new space station, new variants, reworked some of the sprites

download link: DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 04:04:11 PM by MinusUdn »

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v1.1b)
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 03:39:51 PM »

I'm currently waiting on console commands and save transfer to get updated because I'd rather not restart so soon, as such I'm stuck with the version before you added the faction. Is there a trick to finding the Vir for sale before the faction was added? Is it even purchasable?

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 03:46:32 PM »

I'm currently waiting on console commands and save transfer to get updated because I'd rather not restart so soon, as such I'm stuck with the version before you added the faction. Is there a trick to finding the Vir for sale before the faction was added? Is it even purchasable?

There is a fix for console commands that should work with 0.8, other than that the independent faction should have them in their markets, try the military ones

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »

There is a fix for console commands that should work with 0.8, other than that the independent faction should have them in their markets, try the military ones

There is, but not for save transfer.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Green Knight Security (v1.2)
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »

-v1.2b is out, this update makes GKSec Nexelerin compatible.
Download here: https://mega.nz/#!5x8WmQIB!3fIMEw9PdXWbhXQXXgETEZgpkzx0q-CIEAbwNc5P9XQ
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:09:40 AM by MinusUdn »

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Green Knight Security (v1.3)
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2017, 07:02:09 AM »

-v.1.3 reworked the Cecrops (C) & (M), reduced the damage(175->155) and rate of fire(10->12) of the missiles, reduced the ECM and Nav rating (half as much) of the linnormr and vasuki (SWACS) also reworked their shipsystems: reduced the chance to affect fighters/drones, no range reduction for large ships, missiles get their targeting affected instead of flaming out, added a new mission. 

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »

Ive been playing these guys in nex and really enjoying it. However, the faction really seems to putter out on the power curve at the upper end. Like, both the cruisers are good and solid, if equipped properly the missile cruiser is pretty terrifying. Give it a bunch of kinetic weapons and 4x harpoons and it can murder things really fast. However, there are no real hard-hitters in the lineup that can take out heavy cruisers or caps without a pretty big numbers advantage. The only thing that comes close is the missile sunder, but its a sunder variant and thus the AI likes to explode in it without doing much. I guess the issue is that the Vritra "heavy" cruiser feels more like a standard cruiser. Its highly effective vs other sized cruisers and anything smaller, but it can't punch above its weight, mostly because of the limited slot size. It doesn't matter how many tactical lasers or privateer pulses I put on this thing, it won't stand up to a dominator or eagle, or any of those top end cruisers.

I am not saying any of the current lineup is bad, its just, there is a clear cut off where GKsec can't escalate but every other faction can, so its near impossible to keep using GKsec indefinitely, you have to swap to other faction to get heavy cruisers and up.

I am honestly not sure what I would expect in a heavy cruiser or cap, either beamspam or multiple heavy missiles, its just that the gap is definitely felt.

Also, unrelated to that, the carrier feels kind of soft. I feel like it gets itself killed more than a condor. Maybe a wider shield or something similar?

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 09:05:45 AM »

I recently tested a typical GKS bounty fleet and i have to say that the missiles need a BIG nerf bat treatment.
Lots of missiles, good damage, long range and very fast, plus with the large quantity of missile mounts means that if your fleet isn't composed of 95% flack they will absolutely slaughter everything in the map. As far as i've seen the biggest offenders are the Bifors Pod.
Suggestion: reduce damage and/or change it to fragmentation and/or reduce speed
Those things are literally better than Sabots in most respects.
On the left half of the Bell curve
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6