Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Green Knight Security (v3.0)  (Read 152576 times)

ApetureUnicorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.4)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 03:52:12 AM »

loving the green army camo colour, it reminds me of neutrino corp but like forest/jungle stlye, more stealth like.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.4)
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 05:14:40 AM »

Two issues I see with the sprites:
One: The Sunder looking variant looks unshaded on the top rear portion of the ship that is shaped like an A
Two: The Vir looks WAAAAAY too similar to the Diable Avionics tanker ship it was based off of
let me see, is this better now? made the A part darker
DA in green?  :D
added some stuffs(some plumbing and engines) to make the not!Rime look less obvious, slightly better now? feedback on how to not look like Diable but still look clean, sharp and solid is welcome

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.5)
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »

Hi. Nice modifications, look like actual tech mixing. Makes them feel immersive.

There are some file name case typos that prevent game from booting on Linux:

Code
diff -crB /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/collier.ship GKsec/data/hulls/collier.ship
*** /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/collier.ship 2017-04-26 20:10:51.000000000 +0300
--- GKsec/data/hulls/collier.ship 2017-05-05 01:20:55.277537242 +0300
*** 127,133 ****
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 80.622574,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/collier.png",
    "style": "HIGH_TECH",
    "viewOffset": 0,
    "weaponSlots": [
--- 127,133 ----
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 80.622574,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/Collier.png",
diff -crB /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/dualkrio.ship GKsec/data/hulls/dualkrio.ship
*** /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/dualkrio.ship 2017-05-02 17:03:14.000000000 +0300
--- GKsec/data/hulls/dualkrio.ship 2017-05-05 01:22:34.303206128 +0300
*** 51,57 ****
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 30.5,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/dualkrio.png",
    "style": "MIDLINE",
--- 51,57 ----
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 30.5,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/dualKrio.png",
    "style": "MIDLINE",
diff -crB /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/ghent.ship GKsec/data/hulls/ghent.ship
*** /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/hulls/ghent.ship 2017-05-04 22:51:00.000000000 +0300
--- GKsec/data/hulls/ghent.ship 2017-05-05 01:21:32.766169172 +0300
*** 115,121 ****
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 67.5,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/ghent.png",
--- 115,121 ----
    ],
    "shieldRadius": 67.5,
!   "spriteName": "graphics/ships/Ghent.png",
diff -crB /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/weapons/privateers.wpn GKsec/data/weapons/privateers.wpn
*** /home/dino/Downloads/games/starsector/08/GKsec/data/weapons/privateers.wpn 2017-04-28 16:24:29.000000000 +0300
--- GKsec/data/weapons/privateers.wpn 2017-05-05 01:24:40.801336403 +0300
*** 4,12 ****
   "type":"ENERGY",
   "size":"SMALL",
   "turretSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_base.png",
! "turretGlowSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_glow.png",
   "hardpointSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_base.png",
! "hardpointGlowSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_glow.png",
   "glowColor":[200,0,200,150],
   "turretOffsets":[10, 0],
   "turretAngleOffsets":[0],
--- 4,12 ----
   "type":"ENERGY",
   "size":"SMALL",
   "turretSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_base.png",
! "turretGlowSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateers_turret_glow.png",
   "hardpointSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateerS_turret_base.png",
! "hardpointGlowSprite":"graphics/weapons/privateers_turret_glow.png",
   "glowColor":[200,0,200,150],
   "turretOffsets":[10, 0],
   "turretAngleOffsets":[0],

Also i think you really should add variant for your Sunder with Locust SRM, 2xCorsair Battery, 2xPrivateer and 3xBuccaneer. It is not only good all-round combo, but also looks great.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 05:43:27 PM »

Hi. Nice modifications, look like actual tech mixing. Makes them feel immersive.

There are some file name case typos that prevent game from booting on Linux:

Also i think you really should add variant for your Sunder with Locust SRM, 2xCorsair Battery, 2xPrivateer and 3xBuccaneer. It is not only good all-round combo, but also looks great.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't have a Linux so thanks for testing the compatibility for me.

Do you want to name that Sunder (GKSec) variant? I can add it to the mod as a goal variant if you want  ;D

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 06:19:54 AM »

[Do you want to name that Sunder (GKSec) variant? I can add it to the mod as a goal variant if you want  ;D

Wow, a Green knight on a quest to find the Holy Locust Launcher! Sound like the beginning of a long story... :P

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.5b)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »

I like the ship sprites, and I like that they're added to independent fleets to help flesh them out a little more, but the mods and ships themselves are brokenly overpowered.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »

Even after damper nerf they're still too good... I think it's because of built-in 200u range extender. This hullmod should either be not-built in or removed altogether (probably the latter), it does bad things to game balance.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »

I guess that makes sense, fast ships with extra range seem to be a bit too OP, I'll change it and get a patch ASAP, are you guys testing the ships in 1v1 battles or in big team battles? the AI can't deal with these ships in 1v1 since they usually out range the vanilla ships.

Also light cruiser soon, and AWACS destroyer once 8.1 releases (since the radome doesn't want to spin).

Thanks for the feedback

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.6)
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 05:42:41 PM »

So which ships do you think are more broken? Any suggestion on how to fix them?

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »

Kala maintenance seems like a typo, being 11 for 250 cargohold (Mule require 7 w/more OP/weapon points and longer peak perf. time), not comparing it to buffalo with 3 maint. for 300 cargo and less fuel req. 11 is a Sunder w/ big energy amongst other slots.
It's peak time being 180 also more fits phase ships and shuttles.
Maybe add or alternate it to have command HQ built-in, so it would worth it to haul around, with bit decreased maintenance cost.
Shielded cargohold, as side effect for low-orbit capabilities wouldn't harm too.

Haven't tried .6 yet, but Kala isn't mentioned, thus posting.
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »

Kala maintenance seems like a typo, being 11 for 250 cargohold (Mule require 7 w/more OP/weapon points and longer peak perf. time), not comparing it to buffalo with 3 maint. for 300 cargo and less fuel req. 11 is a Sunder w/ big energy amongst other slots.
It's peak time being 180 also more fits phase ships and shuttles.
Maybe add or alternate it to have command HQ built-in, so it would worth it to haul around, with bit decreased maintenance cost.
Shielded cargohold, as side effect for low-orbit capabilities wouldn't harm too.

Haven't tried .6 yet, but Kala isn't mentioned, thus posting.

Thanks, yeah it is sort of a typo since the ship used to have more cargo and fuel capacity I'll get to it tomorrow, i'll wait a bit longer for more feedback before releasing the next balance patch

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 02:36:32 AM »

FWIW, a range boost could still work. Perhaps make it a static %range increase that doesn't stack with ITU/DTU? Perhaps in between the frigate and destroyer tiers of ITU so it keeps a unique flavor, still feels good yet doesn't go too nuts.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 05:02:11 AM »

Hym, maybe you can make something different, maybe something like this:

"Marksman training" "Extensively trained since childhood in situational awareness and intuitive shooting, Green Knight fire control officers are adepts at finding the right target and hitting it even against the odds. On direct neurointerface control their score against moving targets is significantly above average an in numerous occasions they managed to score hits at ranges that exceed official weapon specifications. Unfortunately they are unable to use any targeting aids, as this actually results in decreased performane".

Target leading improvement, small range improvement (~5% maybe), maybe lower ROF with lowered recoil to simulate gunners doing short pauses to decrease recoil. Not compatible with targeting upgrades and point defense AI.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 05:11:41 AM »

Hym, maybe you can make something different, maybe something like this:

"Marksman training" "Extensively trained since childhood in situational awareness and intuitive shooting, Green Knight fire control officers are adepts at finding the right target and hitting it even against the odds. On direct neurointerface control their score against moving targets is significantly above average an in numerous occasions they managed to score hits at ranges that exceed official weapon specifications. Unfortunately they are unable to use any targeting aids, as this actually results in decreased performane".

Target leading improvement, small range improvement (~5% maybe), maybe lower ROF with lowered recoil to simulate gunners doing short pauses to decrease recoil. Not compatible with targeting upgrades and point defense AI.

I like this idea a lot.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 05:14:47 AM »

Thanks for the awesome ideas! I'll get to it as soon as I finish this new light cruiser, what do you guys think about a ECM/ECCM cruiser? should I make the missile hardpoints hidden or would that cause too many problems? also naming ships is hard!

Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6