Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Green Knight Security (v3.0)  (Read 152569 times)

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Green Knight Security (v3.0)
« on: May 02, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »

Requires LazyLib

Features
Spoiler
New ships and faction added.
Adds:
-1 new capitalship
-2 new cruisers
-3 new destroyers
-4 new frigates
-2 new fighters
-2 new freighters
-10 new weapons

To do:
-NEXT: carrier update
-Balance the ships/weapons
-Create a NPC/Market where you can acquire some mercs (GKS fleet that will follow you and help you in battles) for a set period of time
[close]

Ships/Screenshots
Spoiler
Wolf (GKS) (Line frigate)
Vasuki(Fast Attack Craft)
Vasuki (SWACS) (yes, the radome spins)
Tempest (GKS) (Phase Frigate)
Guivre (Blockade Runner)
Kaliya (Freighter)
Sunder (GKS) (Close Support Destroyer)
Cecrops-C (Carrier)
Cecrops-M (Missile Destroyer)
Vritra (Heavy cruiser)
Linnormr (Fast Cruiser)
Karkadann (Battleship)

[close]

Change Log
Spoiler
Credits to FlashFrozen and Tartiflette, some of their sprites were used as bases for kitbashing
-v.3.0 updated to work on version 0.95.1a-RC3, thanks to the generous patronage of user delverge
-v.2.0c added source files to the download, changed some faction relationships, adjusted the weapon load out in the campaign, changed the karkadann ship system and weapon mounts
-v.2.0b compatibility with Starsector 0.9.1a added
-v.1.4c fixed a typo that made the decorative weapons show up in shops, Vritra: max flux 9000->8500, fluxdisipation 680->650 / Karkadann speed 60->50 / Cecrops(both) speed 90/85->80
-v.1.4b Nexelerin fix, added a new Capital ship: Karkadann class Battleship, balance: Vritra: max flux 10000->9000 / Linnormr: max flux 8500->8000 / Privateer Pulse Laser: damage 50->60, ammo 16->8, ammo/sec 1.5->1.2, flux 65->80, chargeup 0.35->0.40 / Privateer Heavy Pulse Laser: damage 220->200, ammo 9->6, ammo/sec 0.5->0.6, / Bifors & Hughes: missile speed 300->200, range 2000->1500, Pod Burst size 16->12
-v.1.3 reworked the Cecrops (C) & (M), reduced the damage(175->155) and rate of fire(10->12) of the missiles, reduced the ECM and Nav rating (half as much) of the linnormr and vasuki (SWACS) also reworked their shipsystems: reduced the chance to affect fighters/drones, no range reduction for large ships, missiles get their targeting affected instead of flaming out, added a new mission. 
-v.1.2b Nexelerin hotfix compatibility update
-v1.2 Nexelerin update!
-v1.1b balance fix reduced hp and dmg of the missiles
-v1.1 Adds 4 new missiles, 1 new medium energy weapon, 1 new system with 3 markets, 1 new space station, new variants, reworked some of the sprites
-v1.0a Adds faction & bases in Arcadia and Magec, lowered ship prices, re-balanced weapons and both cruisers
-v0.9b reworked the Quantum Jammers now their effects have a chance to proc instead of a flat 100% also reworked the AI to use them less often, reworked the SEW&C hullmod effects, fixed some descriptions, reduced fighter speed (now in the 2xx), reduced cruiser mobility/turn rate, bucaneer PD now does more burst damage but has a lower RoF and costs more flux to fire, changed the linnormr hunter variant now it uses harpoons instead of sabots
-v0.9 made the weapons flux negative to compensate for the extra range/accuracy, also reduced the damage of the ballistic weapons to 60 per shot, reduced damage of the small energy weapon to 60 per shot, reduced damage of the medium energy weapon to 220 per shot
-v.08 added a new cruiser (Linnormr), added a new weapon (PrivateerM), changed the ship names to fit a theme, change the Vasuki SWACS (new system and hullmod), fixed the price of some ships (Cecrops(C) doesn't cost as much as a capital ship), changed the cr reduction to the vanilla standard(0.25), now ships can break
-v.07 reduced the supply cost of the Kala, added a new ship, Varo (SWACS)
-v0.6 removed the WeaponsAI hullmod, reduced Vir's speed to 60 and Active Armor to only 1 charge, takes 25% more to recharge and reduces 33%Dmg
-v0.5b linux fix & new variants
-v.05 added a new freighter and balanced some of the other ships stats
-v0.4 added a new phase frigate
-v0.3 changed the ship systems(no more damper fields), Vir's stats are now similar to an Eagle's stats, weapons do less damage now
-v0.2 weapons are more vanilla friendly now, Vir gets a new sprite and stats (less flux, no flight deck)
-v0.1 Initial Release
[close]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 12:28:11 PM by MinusUdn »

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.1)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »

Cool! Are you planning to add all the pictures for the ships soon?
Hello!

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »

To do:
-Create a NPC/Market where you can acquire some mercs (GKS fleet that will follow you and help you in battles) for a set period of time

I would LOVE such a feature. Nexerelin has something similar where you have a "follow me" ping for allied fleets. However it's rather wonky and fleets get sidetracked very easily. I imagine it's one of the harder thing to do.
Good luck!   

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »

Cool! Are you planning to add all the pictures for the ships soon?

Sure, do you want me to post the sprites of the ships? I can do that yeah

To do:

I would LOVE such a feature. Nexerelin has something similar where you have a "follow me" ping for allied fleets. However it's rather wonky and fleets get sidetracked very easily. I imagine it's one of the harder thing to do.
Good luck!   

I'll try yo cannibalize some code from Nexelerin, but I can't promise anything before 0.81

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »

Play tested these ships a bit in the editor. The ships themselves feel alright, but the custom weapons might be a bit too op compared to vanilla. Especially the Buccaneer PD system, it basically outclasses the Burst PD laser system in every single way possible, with just a higher OP and flux cost.

Edit: It's actually insane how good the Aegis Cruiser is. I was able to completely negate an Atlas's fighter and bomber compliment with it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:03:04 PM by SpaceRiceBowl »
I really don't know what I'm doing...

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 05:43:41 PM »

Play tested these ships a bit in the editor. The ships themselves feel alright, but the custom weapons might be a bit too op compared to vanilla. Especially the Buccaneer PD system, it basically outclasses the Burst PD laser system in every single way possible, with just a higher OP and flux cost.

Edit: It's actually insane how good the Aegis Cruiser is. I was able to completely negate an Atlas's fighter and bomber compliment with it.

Ah thanks for the feedback, I'll nerfbalance it in the next version
Spoiler
funny how the Buccaneer has exactly the same stats as Diable's Burchel beam repeater, I guess I'll have to make it more vanilla friendly
[close]

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.2)
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »

So nice to see ships with green colors. That shade of color is really rare in modded ships these days. I hope you keep it up and eventually create a new faction out of these ships.
Say, What the new faction's lore going to be, in a nutcase?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 10:28:44 PM »

Nice work with the kitbashing and paint jobs!  ;)

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 12:16:07 AM »

Some quick balance notes from using the ships:
The Strauss M is insanely good for how inexpensive it is. 12 small missile slots and a missile autoforge are way too powerful for a roughly destroyer-sized ship.
GKSec Wolf seems fair, I like being able to put kinetic weapons on it. A nice change when combined with the lower flux stats.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 02:22:45 AM »

Balance is... Off.
With Vir and no skills, I could solo dominator, eagle, hammerhead and enforcer - at once!
Green Sunder seems powerful as well, but I can't beat eagle with it alone, at least for now, so it's not that powerful. Still, it feels like you're unnecessarily spamming damper field when you shouldn't.
Not to mention Varo not only is very fast, it also can have very long-range weapons... It's an ideal pursuit ship, but probably it'd be super irritating to fight against one.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.3)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »

V0.3 is out, hopefully more balanced this time & V.0.4 includes a new ship
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:33:27 PM by MinusUdn »

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »

Since you got them from the sprite dump, it kinda looks like their ships were pirated of some sort.
(In a cool starsector way! Not stealing XP.) Looks pretty cool!
Hello!

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

Since you got them from the sprite dump, it kinda looks like their ships were pirated of some sort.
(In a cool starsector way! Not stealing XP.) Looks pretty cool!

ahahah yeah I plan to put the faction homebase in Agreus(Arcadia system), the description says that the planet is a center of ship-breaking and ship-reconstruction so I guess it is fitting  ;D

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.4)
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 09:48:27 PM »

Two issues I see with the sprites:
One: The Sunder looking variant looks unshaded on the top rear portion of the ship that is shaped like an A
Two: The Vir looks WAAAAAY too similar to the Diable Avionics tanker ship it was based off of
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Green Knight Security (v0.4)
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:24 AM »

DA in green?  :D
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6