Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Infinite Restore  (Read 1160 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Infinite Restore
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »

So, ran into an odd bug just now.  I salvaged PLSS Free Enterprise, a Tarsus (D)-Class Freighter, a while ago from the Persean League (as in, a couple in-game cycles at least - it's a good hunk of the way through cycle 218 in that save with a good hunk of the sector explored, still my first game from when 0.8 launched), then shoved it in my mothballed fleet at Jangala until I needed it.  I just picked it's lucky number to be withdrawn as one of the freighters to go on my next expedition, so I wanted it in tip-top shape.  I went ahead and Restored it - when you're rolling around in 8 million credits you can do that - and it got rid of the D-mods, but the sprite didn't change, so I just cycled the refit screen and - wait, why is it still using the (D) sprite?  And is that Restore button back to being clickable?  So, just tested it, apparently I can just Restore, cycle the refit screen, and keep on doing that ad infinitum and nothing will happen to the ship.  No idea what could possibly cause this, I've been Restoring ships for a while now and never run into this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc0jn4e1z8zzk61/save_WalterHampton_4875743803883959471.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:08:34 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Restore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:53:59 AM »

happens with all ships with pre-made (D) variants. fixed for next release afaik
mmm.... tartiflette

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Restore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »

Not with all, as some simply do not switch out the D right away after restoring them. Some will swap it once u leave refit screen (I usually just undocked and docked again) and come back. The way that game handles it is via replacing the ship and it wont load as long as you stay in refit/fleet screens I've noticed.

I don't remember for which ships the above mentioned procedure works though. Sorry.