Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 160008 times)

Buscher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.7i ( 17.09.2017)
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »

Yeah, the class and jar files aren't necessary. I also had to learn myself that compiling the Java files wasn't important since Janino does the job when starting the game. Using JD GUI I saw the jar contained the same files, so I ended up ignoring it altogether as they were located elsewhere as source code.
Though I assume that the compiled files help with the loading speed when booting up the game.

As for the sound as far as I could tell it is not being triggered/called by anything yet so you can feel to ignore it for now.
I do understand Soren's concern as he uses the name "istl_ballistic_crit_sm" in his mod, so since there seems to be permission you might consider changing the name to "sc_ballistic_crit_sm" or something like that.

Buscher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »

I was playing around a bit in the campaign and I found two items which crash the game.
In the FFS.faction in knownweapons (line 260) there are "lrg-en-ffs-tribeam" and "lrg-en-ffs-turbolas" which don't have a wpn file and an entry in weapons.csv. I don't know if you want to keep or delete them. For myself I have copied them from the rsf ones for now ("lrg-en-rsf-tribeam" and "lrg-en-ffs-turbolas")

Also since I am running Linux and Linux is a bit finicky with upper and lower cases there a few paths which do not match with the file/dictionary names.
Spoiler
In the folder graphics/illustrations following files should get following names:
  • shipyard5.jpg > Shipyard5.jpg
  • station8.jpg > Station8.jpg
  • station9.jpg > Station9.jpg

Also following paths need to be fixed inside the following files:
  • data/hulls/vns-frg-cobra.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_Cobra.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-f-lightbringer.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/Lightbringer.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-de-avenger-mk1.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_de1.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-de-avenger-mk2.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_de2.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-frg-cobra-mk2.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_cobramk3.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-f-phnh.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/PhnH.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-f-falcon.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/Falcon.png",
  • data/hulls/vns_avenger_mk2_OLD.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_de2.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-f-phni.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/Phoenix_I.png",
  • data/hulls/vns-cr-perserverance.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/vns/vns_perserverance.png",
  • data/hulls/alien-destroyer2.ship:  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/aliens/alien-destroyer.png"
They all say graphics/ships/vns/* instead of graphics/ships/VNS/* or graphics/ships/aliens/* instead of graphics/ships/ALIENS/*. If you have some time to spend, you may want to fix the paths at some point.
[close]

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:57 PM »

The sound file IS from his mod, I changed it.
I also caught those errors and fixed the. Those are rsf weapons, not ffs.

There's also the issue of wrong blueprint names for the vns (I re-named the bluperint pns_bp1, pns_bp2, etc.. at some point) which caused them to only use stock ships.

Aside from that other errors I discovered are missing planet decriptions (despite them existing), an oddity with FTG (at one point I merged it with the neutral, should probably split them).
Black Widows and Marauders should also not appear among the factions
Also, after I repositioned the systems, kores is not showing up anymore, even though mission involving pirate attacks on it appeared????

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2019, 04:23:16 AM »

Well, it kinda-sorta works for 0.91

Except the damn fighter error that I cannot decypher(wings_data look OK, only ISA and VNS fleets seem to have this issue)

And this:
Code
2639718 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteSegment.isInSystem(RouteManager.java:141)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData.getInterpolatedHyperLocation(RouteManager.java:379)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.shouldSpawn(RouteManager.java:646)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.spawnAndDespawn(RouteManager.java:612)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.advance(RouteManager.java:572)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:126)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I suspect it might something to do with the fact Kores system does not appear on the map. I cannot figure out why. All I did was change the coordinates of all systems. Kores is the only one that doesn't show up.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »

Here is the latest version if anyone wants to look.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qj1dLIj_zUWa8umRccqrLZhzpdAHJXbf

Kores is still not appearing.

Buscher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »

Could you perhaps share your current mod devel version (funny that you just posted it as I was writing this) and relevant savegames with a bit of description? It's kind of pointless to have a look with different code bases and having to find bugs oneself.
Perhaps it makes sense to use bitbucket/github or some other kind of versioning/collaboration tool/platform as it makes helping a little easier.

For the fighters my first hunch would be to look into the variant files as I had to fix the hullmods by removing empty strings for some VNS craft. For the system I suppose you might look into its java source (ffs_kores.java) generating the system. I'd that a look at the type (third parameter) of the addCustomEntity functions. For some reason they reference pictures in the settings.json instead of entries in the custom_entitties.json. Don't ask me why the problem did not show up earlier. And no idea about your latest NullPointer.

Edit: Nevermind the Kores one. I forgot that there is of course the original custom_entities.json too. And that the type and picture are called the same by chance.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:00:20 PM by Buscher »

Buscher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1 WIP ]STEELCLAD v0.9 ( 12.05.2019)
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »

But I do think I found the issue for Kores now.
Spoiler
Try adding in the ffs_Kores.java
Code
		system.autogenerateHyperspaceJumpPoints(true, true);
before

}
    void cleanup(StarSystemAPI system){
        HyperspaceTerrainPlugin plugin = (HyperspaceTerrainPlugin) Misc.getHyperspaceTerrain().getPlugin();

[close]

Edit: The second code block looked weird in different browsers, so I removed the code /code tags.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 12:51:26 PM by Buscher »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1 WIP ]STEELCLAD v0.9 ( 12.05.2019)
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2019, 01:11:48 AM »

What confounds me is that every ship works when used in missions - if something was wrong with the variants, I'd expect it to show there.

The only thing come to mind is that there is an unused/old VNS variant left, I'll have to check that. But that wouldn't explain the ISA crashes, since I haven't touched the variants there.

EDIT:
I removed the RetroDrive from the ships (still exists as a shipsystem) because the AI doesn't know how to use it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:19:32 AM by TrashMan »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1]STEELCLAD v1.0 ( 14.05.2019) - please move to MODS
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2019, 07:44:16 AM »

WOOoooo... several hours of play without errors..
It's good enough to go out I think!

Check first page!

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1]STEELCLAD v1.0 ( 14.05.2019) - please move to MODS
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2019, 12:38:02 AM »

I'm going to have to a do a lot of re-balancing. I think I may have used the wrong hull_data as a base, since some of the values leave much to be desired. Especially for fighters. Some are OP as hell and will have to be hit with a nerfbat.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1]STEELCLAD v1.0.1 ( 19.05.2019) - please move to MODS
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »

OK, new version with fixes.  :P

faram45

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »

About how unbalanced are these compared to stock ships?

from the pics I see they carry a ton of guns. (double a stock battleship would carry)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2019, 12:55:06 AM »

There are 2-3 superships that aren't normally usable on those images.

As far as others go, they are generally more heavily armed, but usually cost more points to bring to the field. They usually have weak hulls and armor (except the RSF, but they usually have no shields at all)
Balance is still WIP, so you can probably expect some more changes in the future.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2019, 01:41:59 AM »

I am hereby asking for help in 2 areas:

- coding. I'm not good at it and whatever I code write will probably be grossly inefficient. I am in need of a custom gun fire script (log chargeup sequence), AI to handle Retro Boost shipsystem and maybe script to spawn alien fleets (though I guess I should be able to manage that, I still have the old code that used to work)

- prettyfiyng systems. Right now they are kinda barebones and I'm feeling both uninspired and strapped for time.

I might put the entire code for the mod on github so anyone can help contribute.

Buscher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »

I fixed a few things for playing with Nexerlin
Steelclad Nexe Patch

So far it works best with a random core game playing with FFS, FTG, ISA, RSF, UIN, VNS, XLE and the latest LazyLib + Nexerlin.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31