Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159098 times)

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.3 (Ironclads revival) - 20.08.2017
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »

Doing some comparisons now

PARAGON - 18000 Hull, 1500 armor, 25000 flux, 1250 diss, 30 speed - 4 large, 6 medium, 13 small

ISA Michigan battleship - 6500 Hull, 650 armor, 12000 flux, 1200 diss, 45 speed - 4 large, 11 med, 14 small

RSF Moscow battleship - 16000 hull, 2400 armor, 7200 flux (NO SHIELDS), 720 diss, 40 speed - 4(8?) large, 11 med, 8 small

UIN Great Britain battleship - 12000 hull, 1200 armor, 6000 flux, 1200 diss, 20 speed - 2fixed +3 large, 10 med, 16 small

XLE Great Dragon battleship - 14000 hull, 1400 armor, 120000 flux, 600 diss, 40 speed - (1fixed+4) large, 7 medium 9 small

VNS Paladin (A) battleship - 10000 hull, 1100 armor, 9000 flux, 1500 diss, 50 speed - (2+2fixed) large, 12 med, 9 small

VNS Archangel Heavy Battleship (supership, 100 deployment points) - 12500 hull, 1500 armor, 12500 flux, 2000 diss, 45 speed - 5 large (system), 17 med, 21 small

Seems like the unbalance is at the destroyer/cruiser level (SC frigates barely have an average of 1000 flux, vanilla have an average of 2200)

EDIT:
working on making it Nexirilian compaible.
I'd say to focus on AI a little more before working on that. Not sure about the other factions, but the RSF fleets (combat specifically) like to...not sure what to put it as, but you know when you buy stuff off the black market and a fleet follows you to scan you?
It seems the RSF AI fleets are doing that, but can't follow through since it's not a player fleet. They end up not doing anything but sticking next to each other, and it seems that they do it the instant they see each other. (can't confirm that last part, but it does seem like it to me)

Edit: They continuously pursue each other. That's the what I was trying to say.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:19:28 PM by A Random Jolteon »
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2017, 01:33:23 PM »

V04 now available.

- fixed XLE not spawning
- temporary balance pass, SC ships have been buffed in the hull and armor (still below average vanilla values), burn level increased, deploymen cost increased. A cruiser costs as much as a Paragon to deploy

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »

I'd say to focus on AI a little more before working on that. Not sure about the other factions, but the RSF fleets (combat specifically) like to...not sure what to put it as, but you know when you buy stuff off the black market and a fleet follows you to scan you?
It seems the RSF AI fleets are doing that, but can't follow through since it's not a player fleet. They end up not doing anything but sticking next to each other, and it seems that they do it the instant they see each other. (can't confirm that last part, but it does seem like it to me)

That is actually funny. But I didn't touch the AI, there IS no custom AI in this mod.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »

That is actually funny. But I didn't touch the AI, there IS no custom AI in this mod.
If you didn't touch the AI, it's possible that it's AI is just outdated, and just broke from this update...Starsector update I mean.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.4 (Ironclads revival) - 25.08.2017
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2017, 03:47:57 AM »

Seems like I managed to make it Nexerilien compatible. Expect that in v0.5.
Also, custom starting systems...maybe

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.5 ( 27.08.2017) - Now Nexerelin compatible
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »

v05 is up

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »

v05 is up
...I JUST updated to 04. -_-

P.S., RSF info is coming tomorrow. Just trying out a more destroyer centric fleet rather than a Cruiser one like I did previously. (Though I will say one thing: Barracuda missiles need to have a fire rate nerf if they are going to be so common)
Hi. I exist. Bye.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »

All right! I have gathered enough info that I can at least start this post...Just keep in mind that I still have a lot to learn about this mod, and that 99% of this only applies to RSF as they are all I have truly played. And because I don't wish to drop a load of stuff on you all at once, I will only talk about the stuff that I feel is major, and that the player WILL end up facing. (you are only one person after all)

P.S., Red = Important, Green = Less Important

With all that said and done, let's FINALLY continue.
First, let's start with the Weapon systems, as there are two things that I REALLY want to talk about.

"Strela-6 AFM Battery"
This is actually a fairly decent missile battery...When you fire it yourself. I have been in at least 15 battles in both the game, and simulation just testing them. The only times I have seen them fire, is when they are on a AI controlled ship. And I had a Moscow with at least 4 of these darn things.

Barracuda LRM Battery
This thing is...Very Powerful. It also gets spammed way too often in my opinion. I have nothing against this weapon other than how often it fires, and how it refuses to react to flares. I recommend making it fire half as often as it does, but do more damage, and be about half the current speed. That, or make it so it is a built in weapon and can't be bought. It's very difficult to attack a ISA fleet without having 70% of your destroyers have to pull back to not destroyed when they finally have something to shoot, and have your cruisers already have heavy damage along their front. And if the cruisers don't have the Powered Armor hullmod, they would basically just be extremely big destroyers to this weapon. Only the Moscow with a Powered Armor hullmod can really shrug off more then 2 in one area, and this I feel will be a problem in the mid game to players who don't have a Battleship yet. Point defense like the 14mm gun helps, but they don't seem that accurate, and there is still a LOT of missiles coming VERY fast.

14mm Dual Machinegun
This is actually pretty good, and I think the cost of putting one on is quite accurate. However, I think it takes a bit long to reload, could use a small damage buff to help deal with fighters, and doesn't seem to track very well. I would take the tracking with a grain of salt however, as I WAS dealing with missile spam.

All right. There's the (surprisingly few) things I think need to be looked at that aren't bugs (which will be listed after this). Even despite these problems this is still a fun mod. I really hope people start giving you more information though, because I am not very good at these things. (I play more for fun)

Bug report below!
Spoiler
Bug 1: Getting an RSF commission will cause you to lose relations with that faction, causing them to be hostile.
Bug 2: RSF AI fleets will randomly pursue each other and will get stuck doing this. They will also randomly flee from each other.
Bug 3: Destroying a fleet may get you stuck in the after combat dialogue, but I have only had this happen once.
[close]

Edit: Nexerelin works btw...but...You apparently need to but in ships for the player to choose. I couldn't choose any ships to pick as all the options were greyed out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:06:02 AM by A Random Jolteon »
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2017, 11:48:05 PM »

Missing ships? For the RSF?
It is possible I forgot to add the variants for it. It's an easy fix, one just has to copy the same code block from another faction file and replace the variant with RSF variants for the variants/RSF folder

AS for the Strela battery, I'm not sure how to address that problem. Your wording implies that the player can't fire them AND that they are great when the player uses them?????

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »

Missing ships? For the RSF?
It is possible I forgot to add the variants for it. It's an easy fix, one just has to copy the same code block from another faction file and replace the variant with RSF variants for the variants/RSF folder

AS for the Strela battery, I'm not sure how to address that problem. Your wording implies that the player can't fire them AND that they are great when the player uses them?????
Missing ships for all the factions...SC factions I mean. It's not just the RSF. It is possible that you forgot (that is a fairly minor thing after all!).

As for the missile battery: I mean the AI don't fire it when it's on the player ship. The player can fire them just fine, I never experienced any problems with it in that manner. Here's an example: When you set it into weapon group 2 and set that group to automatically fire, then switch to control group one and fire your weapons on that group, and Strela's still won't fire. Doesn't matter if there are other weapon systems in that group. Those missiles will never fire on their own accord.

I will try to make a recording of it in the morning, but I give no promises on that. My computer doesn't like me trying to record stuff...
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2017, 11:36:46 PM »

The AI tends to hold fire with some weapons (especially HE missiles) until the time is right. It usually won't fire unless the target is overloaded, so no not waste limited missiles

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2017, 03:41:47 AM »

Grats on finally getting it to work, TrashMan.

My biggest complaint thus far is how absolutely worthless the Archangel's main gun turrets (the Judgement Days) are. They punch for 500 energy and 100 EMP, with 90 rounds. Sounds pretty good, except...

They explode like a flak cannon, dealing essentially no damage to most targets. At least, thats what I observe when firing at targets, the fireball of explosion is typically just a little bit away from the actual hull of the target. This is particularly evident in the Clash of Titans mission, where you can empty your entire clip of 90 x 5 rounds into the RSF ship and not even scratch its hull.

I'd probably suggest either not making it proxy fused or simply bumping up its damage and lowering shot count and fire rate.

I haven't played through the campaign yet, probably going to wait a bit before starting that up.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2017, 04:34:31 AM »

Grats on finally getting it to work, TrashMan.

My biggest complaint thus far is how absolutely worthless the Archangel's main gun turrets (the Judgement Days) are. They punch for 500 energy and 100 EMP, with 90 rounds. Sounds pretty good, except...

They explode like a flak cannon, dealing essentially no damage to most targets. At least, thats what I observe when firing at targets, the fireball of explosion is typically just a little bit away from the actual hull of the target. This is particularly evident in the Clash of Titans mission, where you can empty your entire clip of 90 x 5 rounds into the RSF ship and not even scratch its hull.

I'd probably suggest either not making it proxy fused or simply bumping up its damage and lowering shot count and fire rate.

I haven't played through the campaign yet, probably going to wait a bit before starting that up.

For the next version, I'll tweak the HPPC (Judgment Day). Shorter proximity fuse or greater AoE. And more ammo.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.7 ( 09.09.2017) - Now Nexerelin compatible
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2017, 02:51:37 AM »

0.7 out

EDIT:

v07B is out
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:53:19 AM by TrashMan »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]STEELCLAD v0.7c ( 09.09.2017) - Now Nexerelin compatible
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2017, 06:02:23 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Code
23630 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.isDHull(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.A.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.A.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

WTF is this s***?

I only edited 12 ship variant files and I double, tripple and quadripple checked. I didn't touch their variant names, only weapon loadouts.

EDIT:

*** it.
Reverted to older version and made some edits. Now it works again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:46:10 AM by TrashMan »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31