Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159076 times)

faram45

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a]STEELCLAD v0.2 (Ironclads revival) - 21.5.2017
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »

I may have missed something but... Will this work with Nexerelin when done?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »

Total Conversion mods are only compatible with utility mods, so it almost certainly will not work. Nexerelin works with vanilla systems and such which are replaced/removed by this mod. I may be wrong though... I never played Ironclads, only saw some gameplay videos...

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2017, 04:40:52 AM »

Total Conversion mods are only compatible with utility mods, so it almost certainly will not work. Nexerelin works with vanilla systems and such which are replaced/removed by this mod. I may be wrong though... I never played Ironclads, only saw some gameplay videos...

If you just use the ship and weapons (and the 2-3 custom hullmods included), it should work.
Other than SectorGen, currently no core scripts are overwriten

faram45

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2017, 09:18:20 AM »

So it's still gonna be a standalone Total Conversion?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »

I don't see SC balance and art style fitting into vanilla in any way. It's better for it to stay TC.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »

So it's still gonna be a standalone Total Conversion?

At the current rate of progress, it's going to be nothing.

Can't get the damn campaign to work (because derelicts and remnants) and I'm running out of drive and patience.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2017, 04:05:55 AM »

Well, I'm officially asking for help.

Without a coder to help me, the TC is not going anywhere.

So I tried to make it a NOT C and simply add he factions and ship to Starsector. Unfortunately, every single mod that adds a faction I downloaded (to take a look how it does what under the hood) ALSO has a complied jar. Is that now a requirement to get a mod to work?
FFS, this isn't user-friendly at all.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:53 AM »

So I tried to make it a NOT C and simply add he factions and ship to Starsector. Unfortunately, every single mod that adds a faction I downloaded (to take a look how it does what under the hood) ALSO has a complied jar. Is that now a requirement to get a mod to work?
FFS, this isn't user-friendly at all.
afaik you don't need scripts at all.
if there is a jar, there should be source(src) laying around for looking undr the hood purposs specifically.

use EZfaction for vanilla campaign intgeration
If you wish to build your own custom Faction using EZ Faction, you only need two things:
1.  A .faction file.
2.  A folder labeled "ezfaction" in your "data" directory, with an .ezfaction file in it.  
or read nexerelin faq for nex.campaign integration.
How do I make my mod compatible with Nexerelin?
There are a few things you need to do.
(note: add needed files and csv entries in your own mod, so you don't need a new Nexerelin release before your mod becomes Nexerelin compatible)
Spoiler
1) Stop it from crashing
Spoiler
Your sector generation code should have something like this:

Code: java
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;
//[...]

public class MyModPlugin {
    @Override
    public void onNewGame()
    {
boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getCorvusMode())
   new MySectorGen().generate(Global.getSector());
    }
    //[...]
}
If you don't want to use Nexerelin as a library, it may be possible (in principle) to check for Corvus mode at the new game stage, simply by checking if Corvus (or some other vanilla system/planet) exists. I haven't tested this yet however.

Be careful with any code that targets a specific planet or star system by name! Make sure you disable it in non-Corvus mode, and don't assume a given planet will always belong to its original owner.
[close]

2) Add your faction to the list
Spoiler
Open data/config/exerelinFactionConfig and make a .json file with the name of your faction. Actually, copypaste one of the existing ones, like Templars, because it’s faster that way.

Now open your new file and edit it. See this page for details on the various tags and what they do.

Then open data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/mod_factions.csv and add your faction to the list.
[close]
3) Add your faction to rules.csv
Spoiler
There are two things to do here: the start faction selection option and faction directory (the latter lets the player find your faction’s planets and stations). Copypaste and modify the entries from Nexerelin's own rules.csv; they're self-explanatory.

(NOTE: Don't include the NGCDoesFactionExist check, it's obviously redundant when called from your faction mod and will cause it to crash to desktop when not using Nexerelin.)
[close]
4) Corvus mode support
Open data/config/exerelin/corvus_capitals.csv and corvus_spawnpoints.csv and add the appropriate entries for your faction. This tells Nexerelin where to spawn the player at start, and which planet or station changes the system relay's faction when captured.
[close]

can't speak for other players, but nexerelin compatibility is the endgoal for me. total conversions are just waste of content that makee people choose between one mod or many.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:02:10 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2017, 12:41:53 PM »

Thanks

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a]STEELCLAD v0.3 (Ironclads revival) - 20.08.2017
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »

CAMPAIGN FINALLY WORKS

Sure, I had to rely on EZ Facion, and get rid of custom starts, rules and all hand-crafted systems (I'll see if I can get them working somehow), BUT IT WEEEEEEEEEEERKS!!!!

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »

CAMPAIGN FINALLY WORKS

Sure, I had to rely on EZ Facion, and get rid of custom starts, rules and all hand-crafted systems (I'll see if I can get them working somehow), BUT IT WEEEEEEEEEEERKS!!!!
Heh. Good. I will also be saying "Werks" from now on. ;p
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2017, 11:45:06 PM »

Please provide feedback on balance and improvement ideas.

I know XLE and RSF have similar specials (chaff/flares), but that how the original Ironclads had it, and ATM I have no idea how to make XLE more unique.
Also, the VNS is going to loose most of it's universal slots (though the ships are going to generally have a few Hybrid slots)

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »

Please provide feedback on balance and improvement ideas.

I know XLE and RSF have similar specials (chaff/flares), but that how the original Ironclads had it, and ATM I have no idea how to make XLE more unique.
Also, the VNS is going to loose most of it's universal slots (though the ships are going to generally have a few Hybrid slots)
Ask and you shall receive...albeit not what you asked for. I ran into a problem when booting up starsector. The following is what the error warning told me after Starsector crashed.

Fatal: Ship hull variant [stunner_wing] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info.

I had this problem with another mod. Something simply wasn't worded correctly, and this may be the problem with the "Stunner wing"...Unfortunately I don't know what it should be called normally. Can you help me please?
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2017, 11:11:09 PM »

Odd...boots up fine for me.

Check the following:
In the hulls, the ship_data.csv (5th line) and wing_data.csv (38th line) files for the stunner

Then check the variants/FTG folder for ftg1-f-stunner_variant.

It could be corrupt

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »

Odd...boots up fine for me.

Check the following:
In the hulls, the ship_data.csv (5th line) and wing_data.csv (38th line) files for the stunner

Then check the variants/FTG folder for ftg1-f-stunner_variant.

It could be corrupt
NEVER MIND! Something must have failed to download properly. I downloaded everything again, and it works fine now. Thanks for trying to help! Next comment from me will probably be a first impressions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:53:54 AM by A Random Jolteon »
Hi. I exist. Bye.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31