Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)  (Read 159063 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a]STEELCLAD v1.0.25c ( 17.11.2019)
« on: April 29, 2017, 04:35:25 AM »

*** UPDATED *** - 17.11.2019

ABOUT: This mod started as a Total Conversion (made by Okim), set in it's own universe. After it was abandoned, I picked it up, and expanded upon it. Eventually, the TC aspect was dropped (purely for my convenience)
This mod adds several new factions, tons of ships and weapons.

LORE
Spoiler
Before the gate system was created, when the Doman of man was in it's infancy, humanity reached for the stars. Fleets of colony sleeper ships were sent into the void, their primitive hyperdrives enabling what was then considered great speeds, but the journy would last for years. Among the many colonization efforts, there was one particuarly daring - to send a fleet of colony ships across the empty space to the neighbouring arm of the Milky Way galaxy. A dozen ships were assembled, the biggest colony ships yet made, filled with enough supplies and fuel for such a long trip.
Many years after they left, gate technology was finally perfected. Humanity fully united and the spread of the Domain of Man along it's galactic arm was rapid, and soon it begun to spread even further. With it's growing size and time, wars and rebellions broke out, and The Grand Expedition Colony Fleet was forgotten, remembered only as a curiosity by some historians, and considered long lost.

Yet, the fleet survived. Trough greatly diminished, 6 ships survived the journey, but there was no unified colonization effort, for there was no real unity in the fleet. Instead, each ship was loyal to it's own national group and they split to found colonies. For centuries they built and grew, and as their borders grew so did the tensions. Border skirmishes became ever more common and full out war broke out.
That is when the exploration ship belonging to the Domain of Man came in. The wars ceased and trading with the Domain started. Negotiations for inclusion into the Domain were well under way when the gates collapsed.
The balance of power in the sector is more fragile than ever.
[close]

FACTIONS/SHIP
Spoiler
Interstellar States of America is a large, powerful and technicaly advanced faction. ISA spends a lot of its income on technology advancement. Their ships utilize the most effective shield technology in the sector. ISA and UIN recently undergone major ship refit project that installed powerful fortress shield emitters on their cruisers and capital ships. ISA are the first and currently the only faction that mastered plasma technology and phase teleportation

Russian Stellar Federation is one of the major factions having the largest territory. RSF went a different technological pass mainly rellying on heavier and bulkier ship designs with hardened armor and reinforced structure. RSF ships utilize standard shield generators that create a stable and fixed fields. Weapons arsenal mainly consist of ballistic weapons of various calibers, laser pulse and beam weapons and ion weapons. Missiles and torpedoes doesn`t differ much from those that other factions use.

United Interstellar Nations are competing with ISA for the 1st place in a race of the most advanced factions. Many joint-research projects conducted between the two factions lead to a series of interesting technological breakthroughs for both factions. UIN have concentrated their efforts on particle manipulation and acceleration technologies resulting in a series of interesting and unique particle weapons. Recently they have upgraded their DE, CR and BB class ships with a powerful fortress shield emitters. UIN are neutral with other factions, they have trade relations with ISA and are trading technology to XLE in return of the clearance to use their numerous space docks for their needs

Xing Luo Empire is a powerful and widespan faction known for it's powerful industrial base and trade network. Their ships resemble dragon-like creatures as well as ship`s name. Weapons are primarily consist of various beams and ballistic weapons

A unity of former XLE and UIN colonies that rebelled against their masters and established a self sustaining and relatively economicaly stable faction. FFS or Federation of Free Systems does not possess significant forces due to being quite young and being positioned too far away from other faction`s reach. However, FFS hatred for their former masters results in some captains performing raids in UIN and XLE space regardless of distance and travel time

Free Traders Guild is an international organisation that focuses on trading between all factions regardless of their political and diplomatic relations with each other. Countless FTG freighter fleets, privateers, bounty hunters and mercenaries can be seen freely operating in any colonised system where there is profit to be found. FTG fleets are using either specifically designed civilian-grade ships or downgraded/decommisioned military vessels provided by each faction as a part of the International Trade Agreement.

Commonwealth of Polaris, a small faction formed by various dissidents dissillusioned with the modern society. Polaris is is an isolationist society, not caring much for what happens outside their borders. In general the PNS ships are well rounded, flexible and possessing high flux efficiency, but are expensive to field and have poor fuel and cargo capacity.

Aliens, rogue AI and pirates

[close]

>>>Download<<< - 0.91a version
<link removed -Alex>

- Lazy Lib required
- The entire mod has been split into 3 compressed file for ease of distribution and updates
- create Steelclad folder in mods, and unzip all 3 files inside
- Added a little something extra - an OPTIONAL extra music file. More music. Copy it to sounds/music and the sounds.json to data/config if you want.
- Added a little something more - custom player faction flags. NOW INCLUDED INTO MAIN FILE
- extra java file included in data/scripts, depending if you are using Nexirilien or not. Replace SteelcladModPlugin.java in Steelclad/data/scripts with the NONEX one and rename.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Reflex Cannon may cause crashing when fired
LOG

Spoiler
Log for v1.0.25c
- fix for Tier 3 station upgrade
- changes and optimizations to some weapon scripts

Log for v1.0.25
- PNS battlestation now has 2 full tiers with 3 variants each - RE DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS

Log for v1.0.24
- PNS battlestation can now be upgraded to second tier - RE DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS
- fixes to mission list and intro ships
- pirates get a new ship
- planets are starting to get proper descriptions
- some further tweaks to some ship values

Log for v1.0.23
- quite a few ships recived buffs, increased flux, hull (especially XLE ships)
- OP points increased across the board for most ships
- missile/torpedo OP costs re-worked ,as well as some fighter/bomber OP costs

Log for v1.0.22
- Some weapon rebalances
- 408 shrapnel: reduce number of shrapnel, increased damage
- I have nerfed some weapons into oblivion by mistake (the plasma beam cannon was doing only 50 damage!) so hopefully I fixed everything now

Log for v1.0.21
- More bugfixes and balance changes
- some fighter/bombers are more costly
- minor tweaks to a few weapons
- buffed frigates and some destroyers in terms of hull/armor
- increased shield coverage for some ships (90° is now the minimum value for any ship)

Log for v1.0.20
- Bugfixes and balance changes
- most weapons aren't as flux efficient as they were before
- a few weapons have had more radical changes (the Burtsmaster now fires in bursts)
- some fighters/bombers might be more expensive.
- some ships got a few more OP's or slight buffs in hull/armor (the pirate Hulk being the most prominent)

Log for v1.0.19
- Apocalypse torpedo now deals 1000 explosive damage and 500 energy damage. New graphics
- Dedalus Carrier graphics updated
- Lexington graphics updated. Some weapon mounts have been shuffled around, but remain the same.
- a few miner weapon stat tweaks. Still got a long way to go.

Log for v1.0.18
- Even more ship balance changes. Mostly buffing Widowmaker ships.
- Corvus generation fixes. Economies and market conditions overhauled. All planets got illustrations and initial descriptions. (re-download graphics)

Log for v1.0.17
- Even more ship balance changes. Widowmaker ships got boosted in particular.
- Energy absorbers buffed. Engine booster nerfed.
- Corvus generation fixes. Markets, industries and conditions re-balanced. All planets got proper descriptions and illustrations (re-downlaod graphics)

Log for v1.0.16
- Even more ship balance changes.
- added a new weapons and weapon graphics (download the graphics2.7z for the graphics files and override)
- 2 special bounties for Varayas Sector added

Log for v1.0.15
- Even more ship balance changes.
- added a new hulmod - Optimized Drive Field; half the bonus of Augmented Drive Field, but costs half OP

Log for v1.0.14
- more balance changes. Some weapon tweaked. Ships edited to account for that. RSF ships now have weak frontal shields. Armor, hull, flux disspation and OP points of various ships tweaked.

Log for v1.0.13
- extra custom flags should now show up. They are now part of the main file
- blueprints should now correctly drop. I apologize for not caching the error earlier, I just thought RNG Jesus didn't like me
- PNS flag changed. Bluprint icons updated
- 3 hullmods fixed
- more balance tweaks

Log for v1.0.12
- big balance pass over the weapons (and some ships). Values normalized
- fixed hardpoint graphics for the lance batteries

Log for v1.0.11
- fixes to some hulls never appearing in markets
- another freighter pass. Hopefully now all the freighters will have something to offer.
- Expanded (cargo, fuel, cargo) hullmods now have an armor downside

Log for v1.0.10
- a few more minor balance tweaks
- new hullmods - stealth armor and armor reduction
- fixes to XLE systems and markets in Corvus mode

Log for v1.0.9
- more balance tweaks
- new FTG megaliner. All factions now exclusively use FTG liners/passenger ships
- new troop transports for FFS and XLE.
- previous passenger ships converted to troop transports for UIN, ISA and RSF
- Omnissiah now has repair drones

Log for v1.0.8
- fixed UIN relation issue
- updated some ship values
- fixed some freighters
- Nxirilien compatibility tested. Fixed generation script. Custom stations should now appear.

- more music and more custom faction flags added as separate files.

Log for v1.0.7
- fixed hullmods
- weapons costs and stats balance tweaks
- RSF ships slight balance tweaks
- Omnissiah is now cruiser-sized

Log for v1.0.6
- a few more balance tweaks
- fix for phoenix heavy fighter crash (finally)
- moved SC star systems a bit further away
- fixes to markets

Log for v1.0.5
- graphic tweaks for a few weapons
- fixes on several variants, should fix the pns market crash that can sometimes happen

Log for v1.0.4
- More balancing tweaks
- AI station finally works (see mission Combined Arms)
- fixed issue withe thunderbolt

Log for v1.0.3
- balancing tweaks to some ship. Mostly weapon stat changes.

Log for v1.0.2
- some ship re-balancing (adjusting OP's, buffing RSF flux dissipation)
- some weapon re-balancing (increasing flux cost and ammo for some guns - still needs work)
- small graphic updates and variant changes
- new space station

Log for v1.0.1
- fixed some missing descriptions
- fixed system generation and cleaned up nebulas
- fixed economy files
- ship re-balancings
- new shipsystem

Log for v1.0
- fixed some missing descriptions
- fixed Kores
- fixed some crashes
- 1 new ship and 1 new weapon

Log for v.09
- now works standalone
- fixes, fixes
- re-balances for 0.91
- 1 new ship and 1 new weapon
- more portraits

Log for v.07i
- balance tweaks
- many VNS weapons nerfed
- Macross fixed
- Miner fixed (Nexirlien should recognize it now)

Log for v.07e
- more balance changes, mostly weapon related

Log for v.07d  - DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS.RAR AGAIN
- a few minor tweaks
- a lot of VNS weapon had an OP cost increase
- added a small variant of the X-ray turret
- one new mission added

Log for v.07
- new troop transport added for the VNS
- Avenger Mk2 had 2 turrets removed. Tweaks to FoF and stats.
- armor repair hullmod now working and available
- weapon re-balance, first pass. Ballistic now do cost some flux (but no much).
- new Hullmods available for purchase at SC factions markets
- some ship variants nerfed (were using too much OP's)

Log for v.06
- now Nexirilian compatible (NOT Corvus compatible yet. I think.)
- minor tweak to some weapons
- Infused Hull nerfed

Log for v.05
- XLE spawn fixed
- experimental balance pass (SC ships cost a LOT to field, but their hull and armor and burn levels have seen improvements)

Log for v.03
- more test weapons
- minor fixes
- campaign now works

Log for v.02
- more ships (AI cruiser, Alien destroyer, RSF battleship, ISA carrier)
- more weapons (for VNS)
- more music
- minor fixes
- fixed mission
- VNS now mostly uses own weapons in all ship variants

[close]

WHAT IT HAS:
- custom music. Lots of it
- custom portraits, lots of them.
- new interaction images
- 1 more faction compared to IC (so more than 10 total)
- more ships, more weapons

TO DO LIST:
- custom stations (in progress)
- 1 more ship for the RSF
- AI fleets that roam around some system
- ALIEN fleets spawns and raids
- Rock Fly spawns
- an actual mission chain
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:30:30 PM by Alex »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a]Ironclads revival - WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »

I have to check something in regards to core starsector - If I add my own faction, do I need a special FleetSpawner script for my factions fleets to spawn, or will the game automatically spawn some?

Tufted Titmouse

• Lieutenant
  • Fire the missiles. All of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »

I have to check something in regards to core starsector - If I add my own faction, do I need a special FleetSpawner script for my factions fleets to spawn, or will the game automatically spawn some?
You just need a .faction file and the game should structure the fleet from the ships listed there

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »

Hmm...any command to give me a random sector?

I kn ow I can specifiy the sector like this: getSector().getEntityById("testSector");
But what if I want a random one?
And htat includes randomly generated ones..I already know how to do it with fixed sectors

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »

Do you mean generating a random sector or getting a random sector object from all of the sectors?

You could use getEntitiesWithTag and a random number to get a random entity with a tag, or getAllLocations with a random number.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 02:34:26 AM »

Do you mean generating a random sector or getting a random sector object from all of the sectors?

You could use getEntitiesWithTag and a random number to get a random entity with a tag, or getAllLocations with a random number.

I mean random sector from all sectors in-game (fixed + randomly generated)
A random number sounds good, but it can't be any old number - I have to know the total number of sectors.

On another note, the AI now wages war by itself, I don't need to spawn war fleet myself, right?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »

Well ***....

After fixing about 100 errors, I ran into one that baffles me.

Code
3805 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [rsf1-drn-combat]
4495 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.thissuper.return(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oOO0.clone(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.OO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

RSF Combat Drone,rsf1-drn-combat,,,,30,10,100,,50,,,200,1000,1000,3600,3600,5,NONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,500

Code
{
  "bounds": [],
  "center": [
  ],
  "collisionRadius": 12.727922,
  "engineSlots": [
    {
      "angle": 180,
      "contrailSize": 2,
      "length": 6.5,
      "location": [
      ],
      "style": "MIDLINE",
      "width": 2
    },
    {
      "angle": -180,
      "contrailSize": 2,
      "length": 6.5,
      "location": [
      ],
      "style": "MIDLINE",
      "width": 2
    }
  ],
  "height": 24,
  "hullId": "rsf1-drn-combat",
  "hullName": "Combat Drone",
  "hullSize": "FIGHTER",
  "shieldCenter": [
  ],
  "shieldRadius": 20,
  "spriteName": "graphics/ships/drones/rsf-combat.png",
  "style": "RSF",
  "viewOffset": 0,
  "weaponSlots": [
    {
      "angle": 0,
      "arc": 6,
      "id": "WS 001",
      "locations": [
      ],
      "mount": "HIDDEN",
      "size": "SMALL",
      "type": "BALLISTIC"
    }
  ],
  "width": 17
}

WTF???

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

Once you have a List of objects, you can get a random one by using Random's nextInt.
Code
list.get(random.nextInt(list.size));

I'm fairly sure the AI will only send small detachments at each other, which isn't quite the same, but is probably decent enough for a first release.

Do all ships need bounds now? That's the one obvious thing that's missing, but I didn't think that's required.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »

PROGRESS:
------------------------

ship_data - done
weapon_data- done
wings_data - done
variants - mostly done
factions - mostly done

FleetSpawner - unknown, untested, will probably require a complete re-write. Major factions should work without it, but Rock Flies, AI and Aliens won't spawn, since they have no held systems.

SectorGen - done

economy/markets - this is a big one, since Ironclads had big changes here, and it's a *** mess. Without a extensive re-write, I don't think I can salvage it.
systems - still looking into this, but there seems to have been some changes.

new music - kinda-sorta, big limits on faction music has nuked my current plans

@pushover... hm...still need to get a list of objects(systems). That's the problem. I can't add systems I don't know (ID) into a list

ChaseBears

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »

i compared the drone's csv entry to a vanilla drone.  It is lacking one field - break prob, not sure if that's necessary or not.  Other than that it looks fine.  The turning values may exceed thresholds-not sure.  Also double check that the number isnt overlapping.

If I were creating the world I wouldn’t mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o’clock, Day One!

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »

@pushover... hm...still need to get a list of objects(systems). That's the problem. I can't add systems I don't know (ID) into a list
getAllLocations() returns a List of LocationAPI's, which is what you want, I think...

Code
List<LocationAPI> allLocations = Global.getSector().getAllLocations();
boolean randomSystemIsHyperspace = true;
LocationAPI randomSystem;
while (randomSystemIsHyperspace) { //avoid the random system being hyperspace
    randomSystem = allLocations.get(random.nextInt(allLocations.size());
    randomSystemIsHyperspace = randomSystem.isHyperspace();
}

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 05:24:21 AM »

Is it balanced against vanilla, I remember a certain medium energy PD that was stupidly OP
May the fry be with you.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 05:53:31 AM »

Thanks. Every little bit helps.

The coding part is the hardest for me, not because it's something I can't grasp (I know some programing from college and databases), but m time is limited and to actually write GOOD code takes a lot of time and experience.

So if anyone else wants to try and tackle the economy part, he's more than welcome.
I'm afraid without that the the entire economy will be very bare-bones.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »

Looks like there's actually a getStarSystems() call, so you could use Global.getSector().getStarSystems() with the random method to get a random star system.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 12:56:31 AM »

SectorEntityToken spawnpoint = getSector()..getStarSystems(random);   ????
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31