Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.8a] Project ATX v0.4 - Two new ships, two new weapons, simulator support  (Read 33924 times)

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

A collection of new ships, weapons and hullmods, with some fancy systems and such for them to use.

Most recent additions:

The Siegebreaker-class battleship, the Flounder-class artillery destroyer, the Marauder Mk.V revolving cannon, and the Imperator heavy cannon. Also, all ships will now show up in the combat simulator.

Ships:
Spoiler
Valkyr-class experimental destroyer

Sprite by helmut, kitbashed from old Blackrock ships, taken from the sprite dump thread.

Very, very fast for a destroyer, with high flux stats and a large built-in energy shotgun and underwhelming weapons otherwise, considering it has the supply costs of a cruiser. Terrible armour, well below average hull, and no shield whatsoever. On the other hand...
Features a heavily modified temporal shell -Prevents venting and shield use, and generates a decent chunk of hard flux on use and while active, but the time dilation is ten times stronger, and it can be toggled on and off at will.
Can show up rarely in Diktat, independent and pirate fleets, though the pirates have a heavily damaged version without the Geirskogul.

Herald-class frigate

Sprite by Helmut, taken from the sprite dump thread.

Statistically similar to the hyperion, it's faster but has worse flux stats, and swaps out the teleporter and medium mounts for a quantum disruptor and a quartet of built in ion burst lasers. Lacks the hyperion's absurd supply costs, though still well above the average. It's also much prettier.

Lasher (ATX)

Modified Lasher, using energy weapons. Better flux stats, higher top speed, but worse armour/hull and lower peak performance time.

Flounder

Original sprite by Medikohl, taken from the sprite dump

The flounder is relatively fast, quite well armoured and has a good, but frontal shield generator, along with an impressive amount of firepower. It's also not very maneuverable, the shield has a poor arc, and it's flux stats struggle to keep up.

Siegebreaker

More frontal firepower than an Onslaught, faster than a Conquest, and with the Paragon's fortress shield. Counterbalanced by an awful, awful turn rate, poor acceleration, the fortress shield is frontal only and has a poor arc, and only a couple of weapons can protect the sides - if attacked from the rear, only two small mounts can fire back.
[close]

Weapons:
Spoiler
Geirskogul

Sprite also by Helmut, again from the sprite dump.

A decently ranged energy shotgun. Does massive damage if all shells hit, but is very, very inaccurate.

Ion Burst Laser

Sprite by helmut, from the sprite dump.

Damage/flux profile similar to an IR pulse laser, it's much more similar in function to the PD Burst laser - though with worse tracking, no PD AI, and a much weaker version of the ion beam's shield penetrating effect. The Herald's built in versions are a bit better, but there's also a turreted version.

Gatling Laser

Sprite by helmut, from the sprite dump.

Wildly inaccurate rapid burst kinetic beam. Wrecks shields, does basically nothing to armour.

Harrier missiles

Modified harpoon that trades range, flight time and damage for vastly increased speed. Much worse at the standard 'I dropped shields and every ship within 2au spammed harpoons at me' but much better as a guided finisher missile.

Marauder

Base sprite by Helmut, taken from the sprite dump.

Halfway between a needler and the assault chaingun - middling dps, low accuracy, but with decent range and a blistering rate of fire.

Imperator heavy cannon

Base sprite by Helmut, taken from the sprite dump.

Only fires once every ten seconds, but does an obscene amount of damage and generates an equally obscene amount of flux, at long range.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:06:19 AM by Calodine »

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Project ATX v0.2 (demo)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »

Updated it - Added a new frigate, along with a new weapon (And a built in version).

The Herald is a fast attack frigate, good at fighting other small ships, but excelling in a support role. Shows up in independent, persian league and Tri-tach fleets, more commonly than the Valkyr. A strike variant with dual AM Blasters and reapers is out there, but it's a very rare spawn, and only for the independent and Tri-tach.

The Ion Burst Laser takes the Burst PD laser, rips out most of the good bits, and crams in a weaker, burst-fire ion beam. Damage profile similar to an IR pulse laser, but as a proper beam, only generates soft flux.

Changed the Valkyr and the Geirskogul significantly, since it was rather weak for how expensive it was to maintain. This version is PROBABLY a bit too strong, but I kinda need a second opinion - I'm not the best player.

The Temporal Ripper is now the defensive system, and can be toggled on and off at will. On the other hand, it's much, much more flux intensive, so it can't be used for extended periods. The ship got active flares as a secondary system, since missiles just ruin it. The ship itself was made slightly cheaper, supply wise, and the assault variant now uses a pair of the new ion burst lasers, but was otherwise unchanged.

The Geirskogul, on the other hand, is significantly different - it's spread was tightened up significantly, firerate lowered, with damage per shell raised. Overall, it's slightly less flux efficient, does less damage, but is more lightly to actually do something to frigates. It probably doesn't need the EMP damage anymore.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

Sexy, i'm gonna download this and wait for Save Transfer.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »

Wasn't completely happy with the gatling lasers I had so I went back and completely changed them. Haven't figured out what I want for the large version yet - this kinda makes the old one irrelevant, and just 'more damage' seems a bit boring.

But, as a preview:

It's using a modified version of the script Tartiflette made aaages ago for vibrating beams - the original got real wonky when applied to burst lasers :P

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »

FYI beams only apply damage every 1/10th of a second, thus an extremely short burst beam, say 0.1s, tends to apply their damage randomly, in this example from none to twice per burst depending on the exact framerate. That's why Scy's SCPB, Diable Burchel and Glaux are actually longer burst beams that "flicker" their appearance.

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »

Ah, did not know that - Bumped it up a bit and it seems to be more consistent. Thanks :o

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Updated it, finally. Less than I would have hoped, but had issues/was busy.

New stuff:
Energy lasher, with a new integrated hullmod in the vein of the XIV mod.
Harrier missiles - faster, but short ranged and lower damage, harpoons.
Gatling laser - Inaccurate, but high damage kinetic burst-beam.
Four hullmods, available for all ships. Each reduces damage taken from a particular source, but has downsides.

Also various tweaks to pre-existing stuff, and fixing some bugs/spelling errors.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:10:49 AM by Calodine »

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

On the off chance anyone downloaded it between previous update and now - Didn't properly save a file before I had to leave and rushed it up, which caused it to crash on startup. Whoops. Uploaded fixed version.

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Good evening,

I will try your mod tomorrow when I am free.  I am looking forward to it!

:)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

ATX Lasher Hull variant not found.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I see progress is being made! Gotta say, I like your concepts.  :D May just try this out for myself...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Oop... Uhh, @Calodine?

You may want to say in the original post that the mod requires LazyLib.  ;)

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah, this is what you get when you try and throw it up two minutes before you have to leave :P

Updated the OP, thanks for the reminder.

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I got the chance to test your mods and I am having issues with crashing when staring starsector.  Here is error:

Fatal: Ship hull variant [atx_lasher_assault] not found!

Note:  I am still able to play with your older version of ATX with all of my mods listed below.  It only crash with new version of ATX.

The following mods I have currently installed in my starsector:

Arkandian
ATX
Audio Plus
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Console Commands
DIABLEAVIONICS
GKsec
GraphicsLib
IBO Mobile Suits
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Lightshow_without_ss+
ORA
Portrait pack
Raccoon's Arms Pack
Shadowyards
UnknownSkies
UpgradedRotaryWeapons
Useable [REDACTED]
venture (A)
Version Checker

Hopes it help you finding the bugs.  I am enjoying playing with your older version of ATX mod.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I got the chance to test your mods and I am having issues with crashing when staring starsector.  Here is error:

Fatal: Ship hull variant [atx_lasher_assault] not found!

@Ryu116, it's nothing to do with other mods, don't worry. The game has a couple of faction files that refer to a variant that doesn't exist. I believe (hope) that Calodine is working on this issue, but I think they're a bit busy with other things (from what I gathered).

You can probably fix it by going through the included faction files and commenting out all references to that particular variant.
Pages: [1] 2 3