Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Modding request for small ships  (Read 1372 times)

Tyler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Modding request for small ships
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »

Well, actually my first time ever making a post on any forum... sorry if it's in the wrong location.

First off, I love the mods for Starsector... This game has some of the best mods I've seen for a game, only short of Skyrim modding and Fallout modding.

Short Story:
I would like a mod that adds a bunch of highly unique & novel ships that are no bigger than a decent sized destroyer.

Long story:
My request is simple; There are lots of faction mods that add huge ships. Cruisers, battle cruisers, battleships... the list goes on and on. I was wondering if anyone would take up my request of a small ship pack. Not small as in the number of ships, but the size of them. I love my big ships, and big guns, but while watching Nemonaemo play 0.8a and fighting [REDACTED] ships, I thought it'd be a cool idea to have a pack filled with ships no bigger than a destroyer size, but have every ship have it's own very unique ability. Maybe the ship have VERY advanced long range or short range missiles. Maybe the ship has a revolutionary shield design (Perhaps like The Knights Templar.) Perhaps ships that can change their mode (Like the ships in Diable Avionics that can change from speed to combat, but instead, you could have a "Tank" mode, "Long range" mode, "Close support" mode, or a "Stealth" mode, to make it interesting). The list goes on and on really.

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Modding request for small ships
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »

Your best bet is to grab a few different mods and just use the small ships from them when the get updated.

Diable's got the transforming down, the templar and secret armada both use vastly different defensive systems from base, etc etc

Tyler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Modding request for small ships
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »

Yeah, I could always just go out and install 9 or 10 faction mods as I normally do, but a mod specifically for this would be great, not only that, but it could lead to amazing unique abilities that people might not think about.