Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Unknown Skies v1.00rc2 (2023/03/19)  (Read 505765 times)

Mr_Duck

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Unknown Skies v0.42 (2019/05/11)
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:48 AM »

when i download it i get a weird file also, the louncher doesnt see the mod pls help

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »

when i download it i get a weird file also, the louncher doesnt see the mod pls help

what weird file? the .7z?

its a 7zip compressed file. 7Zip is an open source compression utility. you can download it here

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »

I want a version without the added backgrounds.

EDIT:Nevermind, now I have infinite power through an IDE and have taken matters into my own hands and deleted the part where additional backgrounds are loaded.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:09:07 AM by mora »

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »

Love the idea, love the mod, love the implementation, but I HATE the descriptions of planets and planetary conditions which are riddled with grammatical, punctuation and style errors.

If you'd be as kind as to provide me with the raw text files I could do some proofreading/editing of the text to make it more palatable and fitting to the Sci-Fi literature style of Starsector. No offense intended: the descriptions are definitely written as to match the core game's style but... they are flawed.
All text would be up to your approval as the mod's author, naturally. Since the mod is not too text-heavy in the first place, it wouldn't take me long and this kind of work is something I have professional experience with.

I was only able to find the text for market conditions in the mod's aptly named 'market.conditions.csv' file - I don't know where the planet descriptions are and if editing anything in these files is safe at all.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:42:05 PM by Kh0rnet »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2020, 05:22:52 AM »

Planet descriptions are stored in the descriptions.csv under UnknownSkies\data\strings. It is mostly safe to edit.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »

Planet descriptions are stored in the descriptions.csv under UnknownSkies\data\strings. It is mostly safe to edit.

Thanks. I will rewrite them myself for personal use. I don't want to share/upload anything without the mod author's approval, though.

Again, I mean no offense, but sentences like this are making me wonder if I'm having a stroke:
"In fact the relief expose the influence of the magnetic field on the weather and iron rich water precipitations."

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2020, 12:00:28 PM »

is there a list of the conditions this mod adds and what they do?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2020, 04:22:40 AM »

Description said, that methane world is a "frozen world of liquid methane". But this one seems to be "hot".

Spoiler
[close]

Orbiting red dwarf on a distance of a 1.2 units. Seems like a bug.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »

Can we get detailed list of features, such as what type of worlds does the mod adds etc?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Barren world with inimical biosphere.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2020, 12:18:00 AM »

I do not change the way the planet conditions are attributed, that's a vanilla issue.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »

Hey, so while I was walking around outside I thought up an idea for a planetary type along with a planetary condition that you might be interested in!

1. Fractured planet: A barren/something planet that has just been cracked into multiple pieces. Description: "This planet has been ruptured to the core, and into multiple pieces, by some unknown event with extremely high energy in the recent past, judging from the fact it can still be somewhat considered a planet. The complete fragmentation of the planet causes massive tectonic activity and instability, along with massive drift of the various fragments of the planet, meaning any settlement, at best, can only be considered very temporary, and at worst, is impossible to create on this hellscape. However, due to the fact that the very core of the planet is exposed, massive deposits of ores (that would otherwise be buried under massive amounts of rock) are visible and extractable. It is also possible that, due to the very exotic nature of the planet, many scientists and tourists would be drawn to the planet to study, observe, and experience the insanity of the terrain. It is unknown for how long it will take for the crust and mantle to drift away, even with the (waning) gravitational force of the core." Can only appear in systems with black holes, sigma worlds (from DME), neutron stars, or any result of a nova/whatever.

Planet is guaranteed to have ultra rich ore and ultra rich rare ore deposits, and maybe some volatiles. Guaranteed to have extreme tectonic activity, thin/no atmosphere, etc.

Market condition (Fragmented): "This planet has been cracked into multiple pieces, causing massive tectonic activity and instability. Due to the massively unstable nature of the planet itself, extreme precautions must be made to prevent the very ground under any colonies from cracking and drifting away from one another. However, the fragmentation reveals massive ore deposits sufficient for extraction, and provides an excellent source of scientific research and experiments, as well as a site for thrill-seekers to enjoy, and perhaps die on." +50% hazard rating, +(some number)% population growth, maybe some bonus to the income from population and infrastructure?

2. Market condition (Pre-collapse defense satellites)/(Derelict defense satellites), revealed on preliminary survey: :Innumerable small defense satellites, appearing to originate from the pre-collapse era, orbit this planet. Armed with multiple long-ranged point-defense weapons and missiles and long-ranged anti-ship weaponry, these satellites are able to protect the planet not only from bombardment, but from invasion as well. They are calibrated to only fire apon ships that match a whitelisted batch of ships and signals, however it appears the calibration systems are outdated and damaged from the ever-steady cosmic radiation and micro-meteorite impacts, meaning incoming ships must take extra precautions to prevent being fired apon, and calibration officers are necessary to manually designate the target status of certain ships.

The satellites are placed in an orbit parallel to the standard orbit of a modern space station, meaning it is possible to calibrate the satellites in such a way that they will provide defensive reinforcement for the station, and any ships around it." Quite rare. Will cause the planet to appear to have vast ruins in orbit.

Effects: +(some number or percent) defense rating, -10% accessibility (or whatever number is good), stations now have a number of derelict satellites with no (or weak) thrusters, an inefficient omni-shield, a very long-ranged ballistic HE/kinetic/fragmentation cannon, 2 very long-ranged ballistic PD rifles, and 1-2 long-ranged PD missle silos. They spawn more at the bottom side of the map, at the left and right, so they can actually shoot at any enemies. They have moderately heavy armor and hull.

I haven't entirely thought them out, but if you're interested, feel free to flesh them out!

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2020, 04:06:33 AM »

There seems to be a conflict between this mod and the HD Texture pack by CandyFlavour in the Modding Board. From what I can understand the background starscape images are conflicting between the two mods. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2020, 11:20:18 PM »

Well also consider that those HD texture packs bloat vram usage massively for no practical visual benefit... And also have a soft-game breaking mechanical change with how they make asteroids physically larger.

Even thinking about compatibility between the mods is a waste of time and energy.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2020, 04:02:17 AM »

Got it thanks for looking into it atleast
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21