Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Unknown Skies v1.00rc2 (2023/03/19)  (Read 505869 times)

wtftucker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Unknown Skies v0.42 (2019/05/11)
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2019, 10:41:48 AM »

Great Mod first off, but I was wondering if there was a way to increase the number of planets that spawn in systems.  I was specifically looking to increase the amount of faction colonization that takes place as part of Nexerin.  I attempted to just simply modify the mix and max orbits in the star_gen csv file but any modification to any of those values seems to return the following Json error:

23691 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and this one:

23805 [Thread-7] ERROR exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.

no other errors in the log. 

Any ideas?  Or maybe its simply not possible. 

Morrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »

Hi there!

So I think this mod adds the artificial worlds with the modifier "Chaotic Structures".  If so, there's a tiny, minute spelling mistake in the description of the modifier:

"On the other hand, the landscape is extremely defendable against an invader that doe not have..."

"doe" should be "does"

I really hope this doesn't come off as nitpicky.  I personally would want it pointed out to me so I figured I'd comment.   :D
Discord: Morrow#1453

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2019, 01:50:02 PM »

Great Mod first off, but I was wondering if there was a way to increase the number of planets that spawn in systems.

This mod doesn't affect how planets are spawned during the sector generation, only how many types the vanilla script can pick from for a given spot. Changing the min max orbits will only increase the pool of choices, not the number of planets. To populate the systems with more planets, you will have to change the sector generation script.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2019, 04:44:52 AM »

I think you messed something up with his mod.

I added it to my modlist and started a new game. First the save bloated to 142MB (compared to 24MB of playtroughs without US). Now I'm getting CG overhead errors when I try to save.

Hablmet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2019, 05:23:18 AM »

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that Unknown Skies crashes my game. I'm running it on a toaster, which pretty much explains why I have issues running this.
I've been trying to muck around a lot with the config file. This toaster of mine is a 32bit win7 install with 2GB of ram. Horrifying, I know, but it didn't have issues running most mods before that. I tried to reinstall the entire game and installed only magiclib, lazylib, version checker and console commands. Those four run without issues, but the second I enable US, it crashes and gives me a null error. Out of memory, to be exact...I'm getting a much better laptop later in September, but I'm wondering, is there any way to make it run somehow? Or better yet, what does it need to run? I really wanna have a shot at this mod since it looks great.
Cheers.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2019, 05:33:59 AM »

Increasing memory allocation and reloading...so far it saves normally.
FYI, I got a mighty rig - 20GB ram, i7 procesor

EDIT:
Saving goes progressively worse the longer I play. After an hour I can no longer save.

Save&Exist and Continue seem to be the only way to make this work.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:14:56 AM by TrashMan »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »

Hablmet: sorry to hear that, this mod shouldn't increase he ram requirements by much, but it should somewhat bump up the gpu memory requirements. Given your specs I suspect that may be too much.

TrashMan: that would be a first. What is your mod list?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2019, 06:14:41 AM »

I don't think it's any of the other mods, since I played with all hose mods for a few days, getting MUCH further in. It's only when I added US that it started. (I did make some tweaks to my own mod, but these were all ship/weapon value tweaks, no scripts)

IF you want tot know, active mods are attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »

FYI, there was a problem reported a few months back with save files bloating in size. Alex tracked it to one of the mods keeping static copies of the sector around using code like this:

private static final SectorAPI sector = Global.getSector();

Without going into all the details of static objects and their use/misuse, let's just say this code caused a bunch of extra data to get shoved into the save file that Starsector would normally not have saved. (For a more detailed explanation check https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15635.msg252371#msg252371)

My guess is that one of the mods you have installed is doing something similar with a static object somewhere. For what it's worth, I don't see anything like this in Unknown Skies, so you might want to do a quick check of your other installed mods (or at least the ones that include source). It's possible that one of them is causing the save bloat problem, but it just wasn't obvious until all of the extra planet types and conditions were added to the game by this mod.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »

I don't think it's any of the other mods, since I played with all hose mods for a few days, getting MUCH further in. It's only when I added US that it started. (I did make some tweaks to my own mod, but these were all ship/weapon value tweaks, no scripts)

Whats that terraforming mod ?
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »

FYI, there was a problem reported a few months back with save files bloating in size. Alex tracked it to one of the mods keeping static copies of the sector

Well, I couldn't find anything. Weird.

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2019, 05:03:07 AM »

Whats that terraforming mod ?

Probably this one.  https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16155.0

Hablmet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »

Hablmet: sorry to hear that, this mod shouldn't increase he ram requirements by much, but it should somewhat bump up the gpu memory requirements. Given your specs I suspect that may be too much.
Very late response but I have a much better laptop now. can't wait to try it out.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »

Say, I can't seem to get the bonus from the pre-collapse military base on a colony I built.

I built orbital foundries there and moved one of my pristine nanoforges to it, still no love. The tooltip pop-up still refers to my original foundry and pristine for the bonuses, nothing about the newer colony with the base, foundry and nanoforge.

Am I missing something?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »

Say, I can't seem to get the bonus from the pre-collapse military base on a colony I built.

I built orbital foundries there and moved one of my pristine nanoforges to it, still no love. The tooltip pop-up still refers to my original foundry and pristine for the bonuses, nothing about the newer colony with the base, foundry and nanoforge.

Am I missing something?
Production is based on which of your planet has the highest output, not highest quality.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21