Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: QoL: System markers for interesting locations  (Read 5408 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: QoL: System markers for interesting locations
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »

Even if the icons for the warning beacons on the star map were colored to indicate which type of system it was, that would be nice, but leaving notes would be optimal.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »

I agree with OP's idea. Though for me personally it's not that much of a necessary thing for me as I can remember where I've been to in-game much better but still, a nice and useful function to have in general.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »

Would be nice to have, last play through I used a spreadsheet on a different monitor to keep track of things that would have more naturally fit on the map.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »

@Nick XR

Yeah, I can relate to that somewhat. The method I use currently is all in-game and working only in my head as every star system I visit I glance over what the star system has and sometimes use the new ping ability to reveal and get some pre-survey stuff in a sector's star system and to cut down the passage of time/days I use the ability to go into hyperspace from where-ever and try to find or get to a jump point or a jump point's cloudy areas in hyperspace and use the ability again to get back into normal space and much closer to the planet or some other object I saw on the other side of the sector map.

Eh, to be honest I'm not sure how to put it into words about how I get by without a marker. Has a lot to do with much older games though where I developed a sense of orientation and picturing a level layout in my head in a form of tunnel-like labyrinth memorization and thus got around without even using a map much, heck I seldom use the map in Doom 1 and 2 and just navigate around the rooms and walls and somehow remembering where I've already been, trail of blood and gore notwithsanding but helpful. :D
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
Pages: 1 [2]