Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits  (Read 101216 times)

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »

I was talking to a friend of mine about SS and this mod and showed some screenshots to him. I must say he is impressed but he pointed out that the ship itself seems to be a bit too lack luster. He mentioned that the ship should have 5 main cannons (four in the front and 1 in the back) instead of 3.

I went ahead and looked it up again and found this
Spoiler
[close]

Apparently, The Isaribi has 2 guns in the bottom of each side, still similar to the guns visible that are from birds eye view. Though, I'll be honest, that can be ignored since its not visible. Also, more guns means more flux build up and more ordinance issues.

Looking at this pic I remembered that the wikia page has the concept art for the ship:

Spoiler
[close]

Other than the size comparison with the ship and the ideal height of an MS, and the alternate colors, I noticed this particular illustration:

Spoiler
[close]

While it is impossible (as far as I know) to make a turret move back and fort without turning in SS, The guns can actually "turn" broadside, technically allowing the ship to shoot its main guns on the side. I quoted the word "turn" since it doesn't actually turn like a normal turret but it can turn 180 degrees left and right. Though we really haven't seen this being done in the anime.

To be honest. I have the mixed feeling of both love and hate on the guy who did the design to the Isaribi, The ship is filled with flaws for an "Armored Assault Ship", especially the lack of AA coverage and the odd rear gun placements (Why put a gun in such a low position where it can't be used even for broad side attacks?).

Setting that aside. Are there any plans to add more ships from the series? Like the Hotarubi and the Hammer head? or the pirates (Brewers) warship?

Yeah there isn't much to do with those two on the bottom, I mean I could just add hidden mounts but ultimately it would just be weird. The turrets on the front I might revisit at some point, but having them rotate would look completely off with the way I did them. I do plan to add some more ships in time, mainly just stick with the ones you listed.

The ships look quite small compared to the mobile suits, shouldn't they be bigger?

The size is pretty tricky to do due to the design of the ship, since the ai will have a hard time with the long end part, but I'll probably fiddle with it at some point.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »

Buttery, any thoughts on adding Nanolaminate Coating as a hullmod?

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 04:09:58 AM »

Buttery, any thoughts on adding Nanolaminate Coating as a hullmod?

Was thinking about it, it'll be a bit tricky to figure out how it'll work, aside from at least having a boost against energy weapons. That'll prob just be it and maybe with a very slight defense boost against ballistics, dunno yet. It'll be a while for the next update when I have a good amount of time to really work on it.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 04:36:17 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, there's a hullmod called solar shielding which reduces cr reduction from solar rays. It also gives slight damage reduction from energy weapons. You should give it a look.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 06:06:49 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, there's a hullmod called solar shielding which reduces cr reduction from solar rays. It also gives slight damage reduction from energy weapons. You should give it a look.

Ah, I'll take a lot at it then at some point, thanks for the info.

Jc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »

Private Mod Release

Just Changed one file

ship_data.csv

This is a super little tiny mod not worthy of its own topic.

Changes

1. Slightly buffed isa stats

2. Added 1 extra fighter bay

3. Added forward shield

Reasoning: I was surprised by how weak the Isa was in combat. It was too weak and I wanted to use the ship in combat and not have it hold position in the back all the time.

Put in IBO Mobile Suits\data\hulls

[attachment deleted by admin]

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »

Private Mod Release

Just Changed one file

ship_data.csv

Changes

3. Added forward shield

Reasoning: I was surprised by how weak the Isa was in combat. It was too weak and I wanted to use the ship in combat and not have it hold position in the back all the time.

As much as I hate how weak the Isaribi ,that I even modded one to be heavily armored shield-less ship, I don't think its okay to just uploaded a modified mod with out the author's permission.

Also, Buttery you still alive?

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »

Private Mod Release

Just Changed one file

ship_data.csv

Changes

3. Added forward shield

As much as I hate how weak the Isaribi ,that I even modded one to be heavily armored shield-less ship, I don't think its okay to just uploaded a modified mod with out the author's permission.

Also, Buttery you still alive?

I am, just haven't felt like working on this lately is all, busy with other stuff for the most part. I'll come back to it eventually but dunno when that will be. Also I don't entirely mind if people want to put out submods for things like that in the thread

Kyezeacker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2017, 11:09:35 AM »

I love the mobile suits but if you ever get to updating the mod I think it would be better to have the ISA's medium mount face forward instead and maybe add a shield or more weapon mounts.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2017, 02:36:39 PM »

This mod seems to be inactive. Do you have plans to work on it anytime soon? Cause i really enjoy having these fighters.
Hello!

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »

Not at the moment, but I'd like to come back to it eventually but I dunno if that'd be any time soon. I'd like to clarify however that it isn't 100% dead, just isn't active, and I think at the moment it works fine or should.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »

Loving the mobile suits! Thanks for the mod!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Arkiuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

Nicely done.  Can't wait to see what else gets added.

EpyonComet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

Is there any chance this mod could be made compatible with DynaSector? Or does it not need to be?

Arkiuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2018, 06:06:18 PM »

Is there any chance this mod could be made compatible with DynaSector? Or does it not need to be?

It'll still work with DynaSector.  It's not a compatibility issue, it's a listing 'issue'.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7