Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits  (Read 101214 times)

Yamara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

Really cool mod, thank you! A little error snuck into that latest version though that crashes the game: the isaribi_h skin uses the nonexistant "heg_expeditionary" hullmod, I assume you meant to use "heg_militarized"!

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »

Really cool mod, thank you! A little error snuck into that latest version though that crashes the game: the isaribi_h skin uses the nonexistant "heg_expeditionary" hullmod, I assume you meant to use "heg_militarized"!

Oh dang, fix is up.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »

Look at those new skins. Sexy. Specially that white Isaribi.

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »

Now I got (from stores, no screenshot as I didnt buy them) a couple of "anti aircraft gun" with 700 dps, small mount. Guess they shouldnt appear either?  ::)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »

Found 2 Isaribis in this new play through, 1 from an independent market and one floating around as a derelict.  As much as I love how they looked....they are pretty much vulnerable to Multiple missile/fighter attacks. The lack of proper weapon arcs and even a shield of any kind makes them an easy target.

Because of the lack of shields, the Typhoon Reaper torpedoes it has are kinda useless due to the fact that it can't come close enough to deliver them. Maybe replace the fixed Typhoon Reaper Launcher with an empty medium missile hardpoint for better use? Also The rear medium turret doesn't make sense,Due to its limited arc as well.

I really hate to say this, but they need some work. :-\

As for the New variants of the grunt MS. I find it odd that only the Hegemony model has maneuver jets. Was this on purpose? Either way, I love them.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »

Found 2 Isaribis in this new play through, 1 from an independent market and one floating around as a derelict.  As much as I love how they looked....they are pretty much vulnerable to Multiple missile/fighter attacks. The lack of proper weapon arcs and even a shield of any kind makes them an easy target.

Because of the lack of shields, the Typhoon Reaper torpedoes it has are kinda useless due to the fact that it can't come close enough to deliver them. Maybe replace the fixed Typhoon Reaper Launcher with an empty medium missile hardpoint for better use? Also The rear medium turret doesn't make sense,Due to its limited arc as well.

I really hate to say this, but they need some work. :-\

As for the New variants of the grunt MS. I find it odd that only the Hegemony model has maneuver jets. Was this on purpose? Either way, I love them.

Well, the rear turret is just how it is with the ship, I'll work more on the rest.

The hegemony version is basically a slightly buffed space variant.

Now I got (from stores, no screenshot as I didnt buy them) a couple of "anti aircraft gun" with 700 dps, small mount. Guess they shouldnt appear either?  ::)

Yeah I haven't really messed with the weapons I added in for the isaribi that much since I forget about them at times, they should appear but I haven't bothered with tweaking them.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »

New update up, fixed the weapon damage and changed weapon arcs. Unfortunately, can't really change the missile mounts since the vast majority of launchers in the game have the missile showing, which displays through the ship, and can't really fix that since it's in the weapon files themselves.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 01:57:36 AM »

Can you give the the location of the weapon mounts?

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 02:04:01 AM »

Can you give the the location of the weapon mounts?

What do you mean?

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2017, 05:03:26 AM »

I find it odd that the Isaribi guns only spawn in Black markets. Not sure if its just my game or something else.

Also, still can't find Ryusei go. Anyone lucky enough to get their hands on it? I've only gotten my hands on Graze Custom, Shiden Custom, and the Graze Dainslief (on different saves though).

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »

What do you mean?
The Isaribi's weapon mount positions. I heard you have a problem with the missile's placements.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »

What do you mean?
The Isaribi's weapon mount positions. I heard you have a problem with the missile's placements.

Oh, it doesn't have anything to do with the mounts themselves its more so any weapon that has it set where the missile displays makes it so they just float there above or in front of the ship.

I find it odd that the Isaribi guns only spawn in Black markets. Not sure if its just my game or something else.

Also, still can't find Ryusei go. Anyone lucky enough to get their hands on it? I've only gotten my hands on Graze Custom, Shiden Custom, and the Graze Dainslief (on different saves though).

Well, prob just luck really since I've seen them pop up in the independent and hegemony markets. The Ryusei-go shows up but the customs are all set up to be pretty rare, the only one I've seen actually in the play tests I did was the ryusei, though I didn't go through long enough to see anything else.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:40:58 AM by Buttery »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »

Well, prob just luck really since I've seen them pop up in the independent and hegemony markets. The Ryusei-go shows up but the customs are all set up to be pretty rare, the only one I've seen actually in the play tests I did was the ryusei, though I didn't go through long enough to see anything else.

I see, then again, I still haven't visited all the markets in the game. I guess time to run around and look supply of those guns and custom units.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »

The ships look quite small compared to the mobile suits, shouldn't they be bigger?

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »

I was talking to a friend of mine about SS and this mod and showed some screenshots to him. I must say he is impressed but he pointed out that the ship itself seems to be a bit too lack luster. He mentioned that the ship should have 5 main cannons (four in the front and 1 in the back) instead of 3.

I went ahead and looked it up again and found this
Spoiler
[close]

Apparently, The Isaribi has 2 guns in the bottom of each side, still similar to the guns visible that are from birds eye view. Though, I'll be honest, that can be ignored since its not visible. Also, more guns means more flux build up and more ordinance issues.

Looking at this pic I remembered that the wikia page has the concept art for the ship:

Spoiler
[close]

Other than the size comparison with the ship and the ideal height of an MS, and the alternate colors, I noticed this particular illustration:

Spoiler
[close]

While it is impossible (as far as I know) to make a turret move back and fort without turning in SS, The guns can actually "turn" broadside, technically allowing the ship to shoot its main guns on the side. I quoted the word "turn" since it doesn't actually turn like a normal turret but it can turn 180 degrees left and right. Though we really haven't seen this being done in the anime.

To be honest. I have the mixed feeling of both love and hate on the guy who did the design to the Isaribi, The ship is filled with flaws for an "Armored Assault Ship", especially the lack of AA coverage and the odd rear gun placements (Why put a gun in such a low position where it can't be used even for broad side attacks?).

Setting that aside. Are there any plans to add more ships from the series? Like the Hotarubi and the Hammer head? or the pirates (Brewers) warship?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7