Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits  (Read 101219 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mobile Suits
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »

Great to see more mobile suits in production.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »

Wow, been away from the forum for a bit while trying to piece by piece my mech mod and this comes out. You beat me to the punch damnit ;D

Anyway, its nice to see someone actually made a gundam mod for this game. Looks good. A little suggestion tho.

-Man Rodi and Landman Rodi have hand grenades on them. Maybe a standard bomb bay to mimic it?
-Bazook variants for the Graze and Shiden units.

A quick question, are they also implemented to be used by the NPC fleets?  Been running around in the sector for 3 game years and still haven't encountered a fleet that uses them.

Hmmm, I'll try to work in the grenades for the rodi's and bazookas for the other two.

They should be, I set up variant files in the faction list. They could just not be used for some reason, if that's the case I'll prob just have it set up to not use vanilla variants.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »

Now that I think about it, the Mobile Armor could pair pretty well with the Remnants. Both killer AIs after all.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »

The Mobile Armors should be able to fight teeth to teeth to the heavy wanzers. And since Tartiflette made the wanzer more animesque (sword-wielding mecha, anyone?), maybe you can follow up with the more exotic mobile suits mechanics-wise.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »

Now that I think about it, the Mobile Armor could pair pretty well with the Remnants. Both killer AIs after all.

yeah that's what I was thinkin about doing with them, definitely just an enemy only ship

The Mobile Armors should be able to fight teeth to teeth to the heavy wanzers. And since Tartiflette made the wanzer more animesque (sword-wielding mecha, anyone?), maybe you can follow up with the more exotic mobile suits mechanics-wise.

Well, the gundams will mainly be melee only with a few mobile suits having a melee option, but I'll wait a bit to really get into fiddling around with it and prob look at tart's stuff for reference when I do. Setting up the animations doesn't seem too difficult, it's just mainly figuring out how exactly they'll swing since the main melee robits use two handers.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »

Well, the gundams will mainly be melee only with a few mobile suits having a melee option, but I'll wait a bit to really get into fiddling around with it and prob look at tart's stuff for reference when I do. Setting up the animations doesn't seem too difficult, it's just mainly figuring out how exactly they'll swing since the main melee robits use two handers.

Speaking of melee, are the mass production MS getting melee weapons as well?

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:07 PM »

Speaking of melee, are the mass production MS getting melee weapons as well?

Once I get started on it I'll probably change the ones with a hand free to carry a melee weapon, like an axe for the graze types, and add in some alt versions for the rest.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »

New update v1.5

DOWNLOAD HERE

-Added in new ship, Isaribi. Should appear with the independent currently.
-Fixed factions not actually using the variant files to have mobile suits.
-Added in bazooka version for Graze types and Shiden.
-Changed rodi types to now carry grenades for the left arm.
-Various balance changes and bug fixes (mainly to due with typos for the faction files and variants)

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »

Small little update, fixed a problem with the Isaribi where it had two launch bays but both counted as one and would cause the ship to be immovable.

Buttery

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »

Slight new update, buffed the isaribi a bit and added some more flare launcher ports.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »

Nice! a ship, finally!

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »

New update v1.5

DOWNLOAD HERE

-Added in new ship, Isaribi. Should appear with the independent currently.
-Fixed factions not actually using the variant files to have mobile suits.
-Added in bazooka version for Graze types and Shiden.
-Changed rodi types to now carry grenades for the left arm.
-Various balance changes and bug fixes (mainly to due with typos for the faction files and variants)

...Dang it, just when I finally got diable to warm up to me (Raising reps with them is not that easy, and the sector generation only spawned 2 markets).  :'(

Anyway, that's one fast work. Love the Isaribi. Though is it me or it looks thin? Ah well, more carriers, the better.

Time to start a new game...Save transfer update for 0.8 when!?

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »

So, I looted a research station wreck and wound up finding a hullmod skill book for the Alaya-Vijnana System. I'm guessing this isn't supposed to drop!

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »

I justo got this from a weapons cache.... needless to say, absurdly op (1250 DPS!!?).... I guess I was not suposed to get this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »

That's one hell of a find. As a fan of OP stuff, I'm jealous. :v
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7