Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Autofit adds capacitors instead of fighters  (Read 1961 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Autofit adds capacitors instead of fighters
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »

Tried saving a hammerhead variant that used Converted Hanger with a wing of Spark interceptors - autofit installed the converted hangar hull mod, but left the resulting fighter bay empty and added 8 extra capacitors instead.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Autofit adds capacitors instead of fighters
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »

Finally got to this - having a hard time reproducing it, and the code seems like it should work. Hmm.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »

Huh.  It's happening for me with 100% reliability; autofit won't strip fighters off if I have them installed (unless I check the "strip before autofitting" button), but it definitely won't install them for me.  Do save files include player-specified autofit targets, and if so, would it help for me to send you a save file that demonstrates this?

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »

Noticed this when attempting to refit a Mora; completely empty hull, auto-fit failed to put any fighters in it - even though I had plenty of the exactly fighters specified in the design. (3xSpark ;)

Perhaps because some of the vulcan cannons on the ship had been substituted for other weapons?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »

The custom autofit targets are in the same, and it would be super helpful to have it, yeah.

Possibly something else I fixed for autofit also fixed this? Guess we'll see :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 10:05:24 PM »

Save sent.  I tried to make a nice convenient minimalist save for you... but apparently dropping off everything but my recently-acquired Mora and a single hammerhead literally doubled the size of the (compressed) save.  Odd.  So I sent the smaller version; shouldn't be too hard to demonstrate there.

Edit: Stupid me compressed the wrong save; had the folder sorted alphabetically instead of by time stamp.  Oops.

Edit2: Alex reports that this happens specifically with Remnant fighters (and that he'll fix it tomorrow).  Now we know!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:24:27 PM by Wyvern »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »

Thanks for the save! Fixed, turns out I forgot to add some tags to the wings to make them work with autofit.