Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TTach military markets should carry more high-tech ships.  (Read 4175 times)

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
TTach military markets should carry more high-tech ships.
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »

TTach military markets basically always look like this.
Spoiler

[close]
One high-tech capital, a couple high-tech frigates, and everything else is mid-tech with a smattering of low-tech. I've found exactly 1 Medusa on a TTach military market, and 5 Medusas on the black markets of the same planets. Given that you can get mid or low tech ships everywhere that's not a TTach market, and there are very few TTach markets, I think they should be almost entirely high-tech ships. Otherwise high-tech ships are just way too hard to find.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: TTach military markets should carry more high-tech ships.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:10:49 PM »

TTach military markets basically always look like this.
Spoiler

[close]
One high-tech capital, a couple high-tech frigates, and everything else is mid-tech with a smattering of low-tech. I've found exactly 1 Medusa on a TTach military market, and 5 Medusas on the black markets of the same planets. Given that you can get mid or low tech ships everywhere that's not a TTach market, and there are very few TTach markets, I think they should be almost entirely high-tech ships. Otherwise high-tech ships are just way too hard to find.
Yes, agreed. I hate how the HEGEMONY of all factions got even MORE markets while I don't think the TT got anymore at all... And they have ONE military market!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:59 PM »

Yes, agreed. I hate how the HEGEMONY of all factions got even MORE markets while I don't think the TT got anymore at all... And they have ONE military market!
TTach still has 2 military markets, Port Tse just got moved out of Magec. But yes, TTach does need more markets.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

Hegemony had a net gain of 2 markets (10 to 12). TT is down 2 (7 to 5). The League has 12.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:55 PM »

Hegemony had a net gain of 2 markets (10 to 12). TT is down 2 (7 to 5). The League has 12.
Seriously?! Damnit Alex!
TTach still has 2 military markets, Port Tse just got moved out of Magec. But yes, TTach does need more markets.
Yes but I think that market is a size 4 along with their other size 5 military market, which impacts what spawns where.

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »

Tri-Tach could use more markets, but the amount that Hegemony and League has is fine. It just goes to show how large they are in the scheme of things.

In regards to finding the rarer high-tech ships (phase, Omen, Apogee, etc.), Independents and the Persean League both have them in stock from time to time.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »

I totally agree. Its a real pain in the ass trying to build up a high tech fleet.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »

I thought it was difficult to find hi-tech ships before, but now it's borderline impossible. You have more luck going to the black market than using the TT military market. Is there any way to make markets only show specific ships?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »

This was a problem even in 0.71-0.72.  Seems like that problem has not been fixed yet.

I suppose one way to fix that is give those ships the Brawler treatment.  However, after comparing the Brawlers in the Codex, Brawler (TT) looks like junk, as the only difference is the blue Brawler gets inferior energy mounts for medium.  No other compensation like better flux stats to support energy weapons or better shield or speed to get so close to enemies with 600 range blasters or pulse lasers.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 06:33:14 AM »

i had thought that all factions would have preset systems and a random number (within bounds) of randomly generated systems to give each generation seed uniqueness, and to change the faction dynamics every game ...... apparently thats not to be.

*sad puppy eyes*

TT needs more love alex

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:37:24 AM »

So far, the Sector is Angband.  Core Worlds is town, and the randomly generated stuff beyond is a roguelike dungeon.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 06:41:09 AM »

You could alwats salvage fights between the hegemony and tritach at Ragnar. I got a hyperion and a medusa from that. Simply took a bit of cash to restore them
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

PapaPetro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »

So far, the Sector is Angband.  Core Worlds is town, and the randomly generated stuff beyond is a roguelike dungeon.

That's an interesting roguelike way of looking at it.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »

I think TT isn't supposed to be one of the two major factions, especially since they've just lost a major war
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »

I think TT isn't supposed to be one of the two major factions, especially since they've just lost a major war
Then players need better/ more ways to get high tech ships. Yes Alex, we know you LOVE low tech ships, but seriously, either give TT some more LARGE markets or make other factions use more than a rare tempest or medusa

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: [1] 2